Phish 2019

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12330
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:29 pm

kansasbbq wrote:^See ya there buddy!

Let's definitely plan to eat at Sugarfire again.

Might be making STL happen. I don't like it's a tour opener, but love me indoors.
Image
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 6913
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:45 pm

that's it, you're eating bbq with us too then
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17398
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:26 pm

soam24 wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:^See ya there buddy!

Let's definitely plan to eat at Sugarfire again.
Might be making STL happen.
Excellent!
soam24 wrote:I don't like it's a tour opener
Definitely a negative.
soam24 wrote: but love me indoors.
Definitely a positive.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17398
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:27 pm

chalkdust wrote:that's it, you're eating bbq with us too then
BBQ for everyone! :pig: :milking:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee
Posts: 9587
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:09 am

:)
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 1972
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:43 pm

Can anyone whose done Phish Mexico give me the skinny on securing a show poster? Is there a merch table at Barcelo Maya? Do they sell a batch of prints each day? My brother is headed down there (so jelly) and he'd like to land the Pollock.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
User avatar
soupysound
Art Expert
Posts: 3519
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 am

dmm8878 wrote:Can anyone whose done Phish Mexico give me the skinny on securing a show poster? Is there a merch table at Barcelo Maya? Do they sell a batch of prints each day? My brother is headed down there (so jelly) and he'd like to land the Pollock.
same as always ... people spend most of the day lined up at the venue entrance until doors... then a bum rush to the merch stand. i've heard stories of how much a disorderly mess it was .... add a pollock on top of that and it's film worthy.

option 1:
(1) spend the day with drinks on the beach/pool/visiting mayan ruins/cenotes/etc with friends :rock:
(2) stand in line all day waiting for a poster :toilet:
Image
benny
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:00 am

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:28 am

soupysound wrote:
dmm8878 wrote:Can anyone whose done Phish Mexico give me the skinny on securing a show poster? Is there a merch table at Barcelo Maya? Do they sell a batch of prints each day? My brother is headed down there (so jelly) and he'd like to land the Pollock.
same as always ... people spend most of the day lined up at the venue entrance until doors... then a bum rush to the merch stand. i've heard stories of how much a disorderly mess it was .... add a pollock on top of that and it's film worthy.

option 1:
(1) spend the day with drinks on the beach/pool/visiting mayan ruins/cenotes/etc with friends :rock:
(2) stand in line all day waiting for a poster :toilet:
2017 was a real easy experience but the line got strong around 11am. Show up early and get on the list and an hour before doors someone will probably come along and start numbering people with a sharpie.

Key is to get in the barcelo line because all the other resorts enter at the same spot but form from a different line if that makes any sense.

That being said, the pollock looks interesting and people suck so expect moderate shittyness, hell phans were hoarding the blow up pool tubes. :lol:
User avatar
soupysound
Art Expert
Posts: 3519
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:37 am

benny wrote:2017 was a real easy experience but the line got strong around 11am.
cuz the poster was :poo:
Image
benny
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:00 am

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:41 am

soupysound wrote:
benny wrote:2017 was a real easy experience but the line got strong around 11am.
cuz the poster was :poo:
yeah it was weak sauce compared to the first year
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 1972
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:50 am

benny wrote:
soupysound wrote:
dmm8878 wrote:Can anyone whose done Phish Mexico give me the skinny on securing a show poster? Is there a merch table at Barcelo Maya? Do they sell a batch of prints each day? My brother is headed down there (so jelly) and he'd like to land the Pollock.
same as always ... people spend most of the day lined up at the venue entrance until doors... then a bum rush to the merch stand. i've heard stories of how much a disorderly mess it was .... add a pollock on top of that and it's film worthy.

option 1:
(1) spend the day with drinks on the beach/pool/visiting mayan ruins/cenotes/etc with friends :rock:
(2) stand in line all day waiting for a poster :toilet:
2017 was a real easy experience but the line got strong around 11am. Show up early and get on the list and an hour before doors someone will probably come along and start numbering people with a sharpie.

Key is to get in the barcelo line because all the other resorts enter at the same spot but form from a different line if that makes any sense.

That being said, the pollock looks interesting and people suck so expect moderate shittyness, hell phans were hoarding the blow up pool tubes. :lol:
THANKS! I passed this on to my bro.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
benny
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:00 am

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:55 am

dmm8878 wrote:
THANKS! I passed this on to my bro.
No problem, merch table in 17 was half way into the venue on the left hand side just a hair past the food vendors
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 1972
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:48 pm

benny wrote:
dmm8878 wrote:
THANKS! I passed this on to my bro.
No problem, merch table in 17 was half way into the venue on the left hand side just a hair past the food vendors
Did they sell them all on day 1, or hold some back for sale each day?
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
benny
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:00 am

Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:40 pm

dmm8878 wrote:
benny wrote:
dmm8878 wrote:
THANKS! I passed this on to my bro.
No problem, merch table in 17 was half way into the venue on the left hand side just a hair past the food vendors
Did they sell them all on day 1, or hold some back for sale each day?
Pretty sure they all went the first night, even if they didn't that pollock will
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5247
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Pics of this pollock?
Image
Post Reply