Phish 2018

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:02 pm

Codeblue wrote:Sounds like a West Coast thing.
ImageImageImageImageImage
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:15 pm

How bout the dudes taping tarps/blankets to the floor at Dick's to try and save massive spots in front of the stage?. Morons.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:24 pm

63schoeffling wrote:Ha, I have never seen that... but I would probably piss right on their tarp.

Also, can't read the article because you need to subscribe FYI.
Like all news articles did not say much.... but some gems in there
"Many tarp users are unapologetic, saying they earned their concert real estate through persistence and diligent planning.
Tony Campagna usually arrives at shows early with a tarp folded up in his backpack, hoping to grab a choice spot in front of the soundboard, where many fans say the music is clearest.
“I don’t feel any guilt,” the 35-year-old public-school teacher from central New York says. “My friends and I never took advantage of anything we didn’t have coming to us.”'

I bet that guy is all about sharing except at a Phish concert ha :)

They did share an old video of the laying out of tarps....
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:27 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
Not really.
chevyav53 wrote: “I don’t feel any guilt,” the 35-year-old public-school teacher from central New York says. “My friends and I never took advantage of anything we didn’t have coming to us.”'
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:30 pm

Codeblue wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
Not really.
chevyav53 wrote: “I don’t feel any guilt,” the 35-year-old public-school teacher from central New York says. “My friends and I never took advantage of anything we didn’t have coming to us.”'
I believe you get your ass kicked trying that in Philly/NYC or Boston.
ImageImageImageImageImage
chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:41 pm

chalkdust
Art Expert

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:56 pm

also should be needless to say, but.. :wink:

stuckeyc
Art Expert

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:26 pm

First time I saw the tarp thing was at the Greek in Berkeley in 2010. Its definitely gotten worse though
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 pm

chalkdust wrote:also should be needless to say, but.. :wink:

This is seriously a thing?!?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
fredo
Art God

Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:02 pm

I've pushed many a tarp away. #unapologetic
just a foil for me today, thanks
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:52 pm

20 minutes away from Watkins when the cancellation announcement was made. Ahh well, next year they'll hopefully do one.

ISO a pair of Hampton Saturday tix as well as Chicago floors for any of the 3 nights. Face + Fees plus I've got a pair of Halloween tix to help facilitate some kind of trade.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:36 pm

Phish wrote:We’re all still reeling from the effects of the Curveball cancellation, and we know you are as well. We understand the commitment one makes in attending an event like this: from the logistical planning, to the time taken off from work, to the significant expense incurred that cannot be recovered (beyond the cost of tickets — see below re: refunds). We deeply appreciate you, our fan community, for your understanding and for making the best of a difficult situation. We want to recognize artists, crew, vendors, volunteers and everyone who had been working on the festival, some for months in advance, to share their talents with you. Additionally, we want to send our appreciation and support to the people of Watkins Glen who welcomed us and are now themselves dealing with the effects of the flooding in their homes and businesses.

As the festival team continues to address the Curveball we’ve all been thrown, we want to update you on a few things that we’re working on and we will send further details once they’ve been finalized.

Refunds: Everyone who purchased wristbands, vehicle passes, travel or rental packages via the official ticketing provider (Front Gate Tickets) will receive a full refund of ticket price, service fees and shipping automatically. Refunds will go back to the original buyer’s credit card account. We appreciate your patience while we work through this process. Anyone who purchased on secondary markets or did person-to-person trades/sales should seek a refund at their point of purchase.

Dick’s Webcasts: Starting tomorrow, all Curveball ticket holders will be able to redeem the code on their wristbands at livephish.com/redeem to watch the webcast of all three shows at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, CO over Labor Day Weekend.

Merchandise: The severe flooding in the region didn’t only affect us. It wreaked havoc across a 14 county area. We will be a launching a Curveball merchandise store very soon and donating the proceeds to flood relief and recovery. The store will include Curveball t-shirts, LE posters and other items (including the Nalgene water bottles intended for our CurveWater program). Curveball ticket holders will have first access to the store once live.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:59 am

eBay 283117562183

Already bid up over $4! :lol: :cry:
guryter
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:13 am

That tarp video, wtf.

I saw Bon Iver at prospect park in brooklyn a few years ago, and the floor was covered with blankets and people sitting down. This wasn't lawn but the concrete bowl right in front of the stage. The place smelled like feet. We moved back to the lawn.

Crunchy people, man.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:21 am

was walking around by the pit/board area before doors opened at Ride Festival a few years ago. security guard goes "you ain't gonna wanna be here in 30 seconds". looked over my shoulder and saw a steady stream of dudes with tarps sprinting across the open field to claim their spots. got some good pics of the turds sprawling over one another trying to get best spot :lol: