Old School & Underground Hip Hop discussion thread...

Talk tunes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
TheBeard
Art Expert
Posts: 4500
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Vegass

Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:58 pm

Kramerica wrote:New Aesop out at the end of April.
Yeah, I love when Pardee does his cover art.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15980
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:02 pm

"Paid in Full," the debut album by Eric B. and Rakim, was released in 1987. Rakim will perform the album at BB King's in New York on July 13 :clap:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8162
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:10 pm

Ohh subbed.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
theartofliving
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:58 pm
Location: Austin, Tx

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:17 pm

still probably my favorite track

User avatar
pgathriller
New User
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:20 pm

Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:26 pm

I made a 15min remixtape of sorts where I took some DOOM acapellas and put them all together to my own beats, and then set all the remixed songs to various clips and videos.
I realize remixes of DOOM are often underwhelming, but hopefully I did the man justice...

User avatar
FrankBooth
Art Expert
Posts: 3183
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Queens, New York

Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:56 am

User avatar
smellmysocks73
Art Expert
Posts: 4111
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:11 am

DOC
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
User avatar
ChrisV
Art Expert
Posts: 3925
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:36 am
Location: MA

Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:07 pm

Really disappointed this didn't get topped for the new A Tribe Called Quest album. It's absolutely fantastic. Haven't heard anything this good from this genre in a long time. I love Kendrick and Chance, but this just brings it back, yet stays fresh. Can't wait to get it on vinyl!
User avatar
FrankBooth
Art Expert
Posts: 3183
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Queens, New York

Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Street dedication to Phife happened over the weekend.

Image
User avatar
mtarail
Art Expert
Posts: 3250
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:01 am
Location: AZ

Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:55 pm

ChrisV wrote:Really disappointed this didn't get topped for the new A Tribe Called Quest album. It's absolutely fantastic. Haven't heard anything this good from this genre in a long time. I love Kendrick and Chance, but this just brings it back, yet stays fresh. Can't wait to get it on vinyl!
ATCQ's new album is great.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8162
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:46 pm

mtarail wrote:
ChrisV wrote:Really disappointed this didn't get topped for the new A Tribe Called Quest album. It's absolutely fantastic. Haven't heard anything this good from this genre in a long time. I love Kendrick and Chance, but this just brings it back, yet stays fresh. Can't wait to get it on vinyl!
ATCQ's new album is great.
100%. I haven't heard a hip hop album this great in a while.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 754
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:30 am

63schoeffling wrote:
mtarail wrote:
ChrisV wrote:Really disappointed this didn't get topped for the new A Tribe Called Quest album. It's absolutely fantastic. Haven't heard anything this good from this genre in a long time. I love Kendrick and Chance, but this just brings it back, yet stays fresh. Can't wait to get it on vinyl!
ATCQ's new album is great.
100%. I haven't heard a hip hop album this great in a while.
I am liking it a lot but it took a couple spins to get comfortable with it.
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
User avatar
john38103
Art Expert
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 am
Location: Chicago

Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:19 pm

I'm digging the Tribe album but there have been plenty of great hip hop albums in the last several years.
User avatar
john38103
Art Expert
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 am
Location: Chicago

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:28 pm

RTJ3 release date is January 13. Can't wait.
User avatar
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert
Posts: 2144
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:12 am
Location: Orange County

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:29 pm

FrankBooth wrote:Street dedication to Phife happened over the weekend.

Image

:clap: :clap: :pint:
Post Reply