any golfers on here?

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:11 pm

My back is starting to feel a bit better so I played yesterday at Big Fish in Hayward, WI. Wow. What a track. It's a Pete Dye course. So much fun. And only $39 with a cart Monday-Wednesday. If you're in the area, you've got to play it.

While my back is feeling a bit better, the lack of playing has crushed my game. I think I hit one or two greens and shot a 93. :cry:
mattkardish
Art Expert

Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:12 am

63schoeffling wrote:Went to the old heads PGA tourney this past Saturday. Posted up in a tent for work sponsored by Grey Goose and free food.... Can't beat that with the tent being right next to the 14th and 17th green and the 18th tee box. Saw Tom Watson, Jiminez, Vijay and a host of others. Pretty cool as I had never been to a golf tourney before.

Followed it up the next morning with a rough round in about 30 mph winds but who cares... It's golf.

it was so windy on sunday ha and i regret not going to philly cricket to see them. was it crowded on saturday?
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:18 am

Pretty good turnout. I was in a tent so it's hard to say but there were definitely a good amount of people.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:44 pm

38 on the front with two birdies, 46 on the back. Getting in the 70s for the first time was very much in play today...
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:46 pm

I have four wanamaker club passes (includes 2 extra practice round tickets for Mon, Tues and Wed) for this years PGA championship at Baltusrol for sale at cost if anyone is interested.
Go tell the women that we're leaving.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:57 pm

played Eagle Ridge on the weekend. Nice course but way too busy for me. First few holes were fine but from about the 7th, we had to wait 15-20 mins each hole to tee off. Ridiculous.
Played well though. When you start with a birdie you know the day is going to be good! Was on track for an 80 or so (a PB) but the weather turned and we got rained out. oh well

squalie
Art Expert

Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:34 pm

Tough year for the USGA. Major fail in two US Opens.
canuck
Art Freak

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:23 am

wottagunn wrote:we had to wait 15-20 mins each hole to tee off. Ridiculous.
Ughhh that would drive me nuts. My game gets really thrown off waiting for super slow groups. Especially when they don't let you pass. Damn public courses haha.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:55 am

canuck wrote:
Ughhh that would drive me nuts. My game gets really thrown off waiting for super slow groups. Especially when they don't let you pass. Damn public courses haha.
Yeah, its annoying and throws off my game too.

We got in to a bit of an argument with some older blokes. We drove off the tee on one hole but had to wait for them to finish up the hole. They were doing their approach shots – so not even on the green yet – so we decided to skip the hole and go to the next tee. They’d line up for putts for 2 minutes each, no joke. We tee’d off and one of the blokes comes from the previous hole after taking his approach (so yet to finish the hole still) and calls us “rude kittens” and to “drymount off” because we skipped ahead… how is that rude of us? They hadn’t even finished the previous hole. We weren’t going to slow them down at all.
Were we in the wrong here, or the old bloke?

People like that give golf a bit of a bad name. I think the general public think the game is for snobs and old people that don’t welcome new/young players, and people like this old guy definitely don’t help.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:49 pm

played in BC's alumni golf outing yesterday, came in 1st place with a net 19 under better ball of four guys. won an all expenses paid trip to pinehurst at the end of october to compete against 60 other alumni college teams from across the country. super hype!

63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:59 pm

-19!!!! Jesus fucc. You guys must've been dialed in. That's awesome!
FroDawg
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:44 pm

BIG CONGRATS. So cool. Pinehurst is top-notch! #2 gets the notoriety, #8 rules IMHO!
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
squalie
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:30 pm

Nice Matt! Hellova team. Pinehurst is sweet! I ended up taking my old man for his 70th to Pinehurst over Father's Day. We ended up playing Pine Needles, Dormie Club, #4, #2, and #8 in that order. Was an amazing golf trip and we couldn't have asked for better weather. Each course had its own unique qualities but #2 completely exceeded my expectations. Such a challenge from tee to green. So tough to get it up and down from around the green! Really liked #4 and Dormie but had a ton of fun at all if them. It's too bad I had some of my worst iron play this year but finished my trip with a birdy on 18 on #8 so I got that going for me. :D
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:31 pm

I forget what it's called, but the Arnie Palmer course right around Pinehurst was awesome, too. Tons of great and cheap golf down there.
canuck
Art Freak

Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:08 pm

wottagunn wrote:
canuck wrote:
Yeah, its annoying and throws off my game too.

We got in to a bit of an argument with some older blokes. We drove off the tee on one hole but had to wait for them to finish up the hole. They were doing their approach shots – so not even on the green yet – so we decided to skip the hole and go to the next tee. They’d line up for putts for 2 minutes each, no joke. We tee’d off and one of the blokes comes from the previous hole after taking his approach (so yet to finish the hole still) and calls us “rude kittens” and to “drymount off” because we skipped ahead… how is that rude of us? They hadn’t even finished the previous hole. We weren’t going to slow them down at all.
Were we in the wrong here, or the old bloke?

People like that give golf a bit of a bad name. I think the general public think the game is for snobs and old people that don’t welcome new/young players, and people like this old guy definitely don’t help.
Yeah drymount that. Those blokes are some assholeS. I was playing this week and passed a super slow foursome me and my buddy halfway through a hole. One dude yelled at us while they were still putting, "we are in league"..uhhh i dont give a fudge. The group they were playing against was a whole hole ahead of them. Some people man...they can slow people up all they want but can't let us pass? I thought everyone knew it was good/proper etiquette to let faster groups play through?? Okay rant over haha.

Got me a fun lil scramble on Sunday. Should be a bunch of hack teams so our team has a chance...as long as I stay away from the beers. Vodka it is!!