MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:14 pm

The last three fights were great. Overall happy with the card. Miocic is the greatest heavyweight ever. Hard to deny and he has the record.
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5357
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:38 pm

I was rooting for The Predator, but man, Stipe is just a legend. I mean, look at all those bombs that dude evaded.

https://streamable.com/c04xv
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
Posts: 10359
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:39 pm

I'm so glad I was wrong.
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5357
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:27 am

Daniel Cormier to move up in weight for UFC 226 heavyweight title bout vs. Stipe Miocic

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/2222 ... ht-ufc-226
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5357
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:44 am

Well, this is a bummer, but expected.

Ronda Rousey joining WWE to perform as full-time pro wrestler
http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/2224 ... -signs-wwe
User avatar
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert
Posts: 6656
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: Houston

Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:30 am

Goodness, Shevchenko. Not that anything else should have been expected, but just a true ass whopping. At this point in round 2 its 129 strikes to 1. Jesus drymount why isn't the ref ending this fudge?
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5357
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:23 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Goodness, Shevchenko. Not that anything else should have been expected, but just a true ass whopping. At this point in round 2 its 129 strikes to 1. Jesus drymount why isn't the ref ending this fudge?
Mismatch for sure on UFC's end.
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
Posts: 6171
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Honestly cant believe it happened again...

Tony out this time, Holloway stepping in to fight Khabib for the title this weekend.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Image
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8170
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:45 pm

Baker wrote:Honestly cant believe it happened again...

Tony out this time, Holloway stepping in to fight Khabib for the title this weekend.
I didn’t believe it the first 5 articles I saw. This is gut wrenching. The number one fight everyone wants to see now called off for the second time. Without a doubt this will be the biggest “what if” matchup in UFC history. Khabib is gonna trash Max and then trash Conor in Russia. But I still want to see these two guys fight.... what in the actual drymount.
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 5683
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:15 pm

Pretty disappointing. I have been looking forward to it. What are you gonna do though.
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
Posts: 6171
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:53 am

63schoeffling wrote:
Baker wrote:Honestly cant believe it happened again...

Tony out this time, Holloway stepping in to fight Khabib for the title this weekend.
I didn’t believe it the first 5 articles I saw. This is gut wrenching. The number one fight everyone wants to see now called off for the second time. Without a doubt this will be the biggest “what if” matchup in UFC history. Khabib is gonna trash Max and then trash Conor in Russia. But I still want to see these two guys fight.... what in the actual drymount.
Called off for a FOURTH time.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Image
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:09 am

This bummed me out as well but still a great card and Holloway is still an amazing fighter. His last loss was a decision to Conor. I would have preferred the original match-up but this will do. What I am interested in is if Holloway, whom I believe is always in shape, is even better off not having to make the weight cut to has been staying in shape but not having to make the weight cut this time.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8170
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:15 am

Baker wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
Baker wrote:Honestly cant believe it happened again...

Tony out this time, Holloway stepping in to fight Khabib for the title this weekend.
I didn’t believe it the first 5 articles I saw. This is gut wrenching. The number one fight everyone wants to see now called off for the second time. Without a doubt this will be the biggest “what if” matchup in UFC history. Khabib is gonna trash Max and then trash Conor in Russia. But I still want to see these two guys fight.... what in the actual drymount.
Called off for a FOURTH time.
I meant within a week of the actual fight. Unless the others were as well? My CTE tends to kick in from time to time, lol.
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
Posts: 10359
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:33 pm

This week has been a doozy.
User avatar
sixstringer
Art Expert
Posts: 7197
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:01 pm

iambillyg wrote:This week has been a doozy.
lulz

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2768 ... gor-attack
Post Reply