MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
Posts: 6171
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:00 am

Codeblue wrote:P.S. How the fug is Bellator still in business?
With all the people UFC is either letting go or cutting, Bellator's roster is probably looking better than it ever has. Some of their gimmicky things like the dynamite shows I dont get, but I think overall the company is probably in decent shape.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Image
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
Posts: 8629
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Contact:

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:43 pm

Bellator has more to offer fighters now since ufc pigeon hold themselves with reebok and strange sponsor deals that screw and limit fighters to earning more
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8229
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:17 am

Yup, I love the fact that they are around to keep the UFC honest. Definitely kind of gimmicky from time to time, but there's definitely some good fights from time to time. I'll watch good fighters no matter who they fight for so it doesn't matter to me. #dada5000
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53511
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:34 pm

mr_rugby wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:Lols. Derrick Lewis interviews are fun.
"He calls himself a man, but hits women. Where’s Ronda Rousey’s fine ass at?"
"I just gotta do a number 2."
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6059
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Most if not all of the former UFC fighters are either .500 or below since signing with Bellatour. All they are doing is overpaying for name recognition and under paying for up and coming talent. It's going to be interesting to see how Rory Macdonald and his nose makes out with Paul Daly.

Patricky Freire: $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus) def. Josh Thomson ($10,000)
Cheick Kongo: $75,000 (no win bonus) def. Oli Thompson ($25,000)
Anatoly Tokov: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Kiko France: $12,000
Veta Arteaga: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus) def. Brooke Mayo $8,000
Mauricio Alonso: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Josh Koscheck: $75,000
Nikko Jackson: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Cesar Gonzalez $1,000
J.J. Okanaovich: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus) def. Zach Andrews: $1,500
James Terry: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus) def. J.C. Llamas: $2,500
Gaston Bolanos: $4,000 (no win bonus) def. Abner Perez: $1,000
Martin Sano: $2,000 vs. Diego Herzog: $2,500 – ruled a majority draw
Justin Tenedora: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Roque Reyes: $1,000
Juan Cardenas: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Luis Vargas: $1,000
Jeremy Murphy: $2,400 (includes $1,200 win bonus) def. Matt Ramirez: $1,800
Abraham Vaesau: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Dominic Sumner: $1,000
Bobby Escalanate: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Anthony Do: $1,500
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6059
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:34 pm

Rumor
July 8 at UFC213 in Vegas

Bisping vs GSP
Randamie vs Cyborg
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53511
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:24 am

mr_rugby wrote:It's going to be interesting to see how Rory Macdonald and his nose makes out with Paul Daly.
:roll:
Luls. Didn't realize he got bounced from the UFC already. Dude fell hard fast.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
bloodthrust
Art Expert
Posts: 2277
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:01 pm
Location: The OC brah.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:15 pm

mr_rugby wrote:Rumor
July 8 at UFC213 in Vegas

Bisping vs GSP
Randamie vs Cyborg
Yoel must be thrilled with this...not only is he not getting his deserved shot, there is no way GSP faces him after he beats Bisping.
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53511
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:00 am

GSP going up to middleweight for a title shot after being retired for nearly half a decade? Can't make this fudge up. Oh wait....
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
mrkyuss
Art God
Posts: 26878
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:27 am

Codeblue wrote:GSP going up to middleweight for a title shot after being retired for nearly half a decade? Can't make this fudge up. Oh wait....
It's retarded. Guess they figure if GSP is rusty and crap (most likely), better try and milk him for all he is worth. "It was silly putting on so much weight! I'm going back to welterweight!".

Does that means Bones gets a heavyweight shot on return?

Whats the bet WWE try and recoup some of their coin with these redic fights and silly interim title shots and then end up selling in two years.

Shame Bellator is run so badly, they could have really jumped on a winner by showing legit fighters and pushing for quality match ups. Instead they put all their time into rigging Tito fights.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
User avatar
mrkyuss
Art God
Posts: 26878
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:30 am

I've put a bit of coin on a Khabib/Woodley double (only because Wonderboy was fav).

Bit worried about Khabib after watching the last Embedded. Looked very gaunt from his cut, doesnt seem to look this bad normally? Anyone else think that.

Let's just hope Woodley remembers to wrestle like round 1 last time.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
User avatar
rathergrim
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:43 am

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:36 am

This card has some crazy energy - HYPE
Good Guys: GoBluePanic, Uyb, finneganm
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53511
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:42 pm

mrkyuss wrote:I've put a bit of coin on a Khabib/Woodley double (only because Wonderboy was fav).

Bit worried about Khabib after watching the last Embedded. Looked very gaunt from his cut, doesnt seem to look this bad normally? Anyone else think that.

Let's just hope Woodley remembers to wrestle like round 1 last time.
Wonderboy is fav? Woodley must be hurt.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
Posts: 6171
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Khabib has an hour to go. Just heard it was confirmed he was at the hospital early this morning. No one knows where he is now though. That would be a bummer if he didnt make it to weigh ins.

Sounds like he got sick cutting weight possibly. Then comes in the question about the IV usage if he went to the hospital etc.
Last edited by Baker on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Image
User avatar
alittle
Art Freak
Posts: 15289
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 am

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:21 pm

mr_rugby wrote: Nikko Jackson: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Cesar Gonzalez $1,000
J.J. Okanaovich: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus) def. Zach Andrews: $1,500
James Terry: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus) def. J.C. Llamas: $2,500
Gaston Bolanos: $4,000 (no win bonus) def. Abner Perez: $1,000
Martin Sano: $2,000 vs. Diego Herzog: $2,500 – ruled a majority draw
Justin Tenedora: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Roque Reyes: $1,000
Juan Cardenas: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Luis Vargas: $1,000
Jeremy Murphy: $2,400 (includes $1,200 win bonus) def. Matt Ramirez: $1,800
Abraham Vaesau: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Dominic Sumner: $1,000
Bobby Escalanate: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus) def. Anthony Do: $1,500
lol @ those salaries. I would expect higher payouts in backyard bare-knuckle boxing matches.
Image
Post Reply