MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Noier
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:12 pm

Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:42 pm

wow, lots of fights announced in the last couple of days
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6034
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:49 pm

mr_rugby wrote: A lot of fighters hate signing contracts to fight AKA guys because they always get hurt and back out of fights.
Cain Velasquez vs. Fabricio Werdum at UFC 207 will not happen. NSAC ruled out Velasquez for medical reasons.
User avatar
bloodthrust
Art Expert
Posts: 2277
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:01 pm
Location: The OC brah.

Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:40 pm

mr_rugby wrote:
mr_rugby wrote: A lot of fighters hate signing contracts to fight AKA guys because they always get hurt and back out of fights.
Cain Velasquez vs. Fabricio Werdum at UFC 207 will not happen. NSAC ruled out Velasquez for medical reasons.
And Verdum wouldn't take the fight with JDS cos he's trapped in a closet.
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6034
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:13 am

bloodthrust wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:
mr_rugby wrote: A lot of fighters hate signing contracts to fight AKA guys because they always get hurt and back out of fights.
Cain Velasquez vs. Fabricio Werdum at UFC 207 will not happen. NSAC ruled out Velasquez for medical reasons.
And Verdum wouldn't take the fight with JDS cos he's trapped in a closet.
Plus 800K plus part of JDS' purse plus PPV points. Seems reasonable...can't understand why that fight couldn't get made
User avatar
inkedup
Art Expert
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:52 pm

Johnny Hendricks missed weight yet again...
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8173
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:01 pm

inkedup wrote:Johnny Hendricks missed weight yet again...

Good God. Cmon Johnny.
User avatar
AliRock110
Art Expert
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Dude needs to move on, he's missed weight for a few fights and I just don't feel like he wants it anymore. I don't want no one getting in the ring who's not 100% commited, that's dangerous. That's how dudes really get hurt.
User avatar
bloodthrust
Art Expert
Posts: 2277
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:01 pm
Location: The OC brah.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:29 pm

Same "nutritionist" as Anthony Pettis and Ray Borg. Good stuff.
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52685
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:12 pm

Dude fell so hard so fast.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
willg
Art Expert
Posts: 4304
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Chucktown

Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:34 pm

USADA's a bitch.
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6034
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:14 pm

willg wrote:USADA's a bitch.
There was a rumor floating around, most likely started by someone in his camp was that he was 1-2 pounds over when he woke up today.

Hendricks looks and sounds awful in this interview, it's freighting:


Edit: I'm not sure Hendricks has even won a file since USADA...
User avatar
bloodthrust
Art Expert
Posts: 2277
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:01 pm
Location: The OC brah.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:50 pm

That was uncomfortable to watch. Don't see how he hasn't been removed from his fight.

That said, the Magny betting line that was available mostly yesterday looks to be a steal.
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6034
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:20 pm

UFC 207 payout:

Rousey 3m + PPV points
Nunes 100k/100K + PPV points

Cruz 350k + PPV points
Garbrandt 200k
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6034
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:22 am

Didn't circle away from her opponents power hand, no footwork and the only time her head moved was when it was getting punched. Edmund is a fraud.

https://streamable.com/vcdm6
User avatar
mrkyuss
Art God
Posts: 26874
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne

Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:51 am

Cody really stepped up. Hate the guy, but certainly looked calm and collected against Cruz. Looking forward to the TJ fight.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
Post Reply