MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Baker
Art Expert

Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:10 pm

toobs wrote:kelvin gastelum super lame.... cowboy was gunna get paid with ppv points now....not so much, street fight pending :wink:
Unless his deal has changed, pretty sure he doesnt have points. Now he just gets show money and a free ticket to the fights. Sucks.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:34 pm

Baker wrote:
toobs wrote:kelvin gastelum super lame.... cowboy was gunna get paid with ppv points now....not so much, street fight pending :wink:
Unless his deal has changed, pretty sure he doesnt have points. Now he just gets show money and a free ticket to the fights. Sucks.
No points for Cowboy and Gastelum was at least 10lbs over. Since he didn't even try to cut the 3lbs to make the 7lbs I'm guessing he was 12-14lbs over. Kind of surprised he wasn't cut.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:12 am

I don't understand how he does it but drymount me if Conor isn't the best thing in UFC
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:28 am

TheBeard wrote:I don't understand how he does it but drymount me if Conor isn't the best thing in UFC
He absolutely dominated Eddie. I expected Conor to win but that was an absolute beatdown. Reallllly curious who he fights next.
toobs
Art Expert

Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:44 pm

Can't wait for the wonderboy vs woodley rematch, slow at times when the action pickep up it was good. And conor really is fun to watch, woder what's next wasn't he supposed to have a big announcement?
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
Baker
Art Expert

Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:35 pm

toobs wrote:Can't wait for the wonderboy vs woodley rematch, slow at times when the action pickep up it was good. And conor really is fun to watch, woder what's next wasn't he supposed to have a big announcement?
The announcement was he is going to be a dad. Which is awesome and congrats to him, but of course the pessimist in me knows he is going to (rightfully so) want time off, and now 2 belts will be tied up with that.

Hell of a performance to cap off a great night. Really wish cowboy hadn't gotten screwed, but him and Matt Brown should be super fun.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:48 pm

If I am him, I fight Money.... get $40m... lose ... and never fight again.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:44 pm

Not bad for a guy who can't wrestle, can't stop a take down and gasses out...
rathergrim
Art Enthusiast

Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:59 am

Do you think he can stop a khabib takedown?

I think he will vacate the featherweight title, fight diaz for the 155 belt, and hopes khabib will fall in the rankings.
Good Guys: GoBluePanic, Uyb, finneganm
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:22 am

First Khabib is going to have to get close enough to get that take down. I watched a mid level striker land some really clean shots, one of them hurt Khabib pretty bad. Eddie's wrestling was a non-factor and wasn't even close to taking Conor down. Every time he got some what close to Conor he buried the ball of his foot into his stomach to keep the distance. I think Ferguson gets the shot after all can you really build a card around a guy who has fought once in two years. A lot of fighters hate signing contracts to fight AKA guys because they always get hurt and back out of fights. Don't rule out Aldo at 145lbs....

"The first shot he hit me with, I was like "Wow that was quick. Whatever that was that was fast." -Eddie Alvarez
soam24
Art Freak

Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:23 am

Baker wrote:
toobs wrote:Can't wait for the wonderboy vs woodley rematch, slow at times when the action pickep up it was good. And conor really is fun to watch, woder what's next wasn't he supposed to have a big announcement?
The announcement was he is going to be a dad. Which is awesome and congrats to him, but of course the pessimist in me knows he is going to (rightfully so) want time off, and now 2 belts will be tied up with that.

Hell of a performance to cap off a great night. Really wish cowboy hadn't gotten screwed, but him and Matt Brown should be super fun.

His girl was def. pregnant my wife called it out as soon as she stepped in the cage after the win. oh, and by looking at how smoking she is on her IG too :drool:

Was very entertaining to watch.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:42 am

toobs wrote:Can't wait for the wonderboy vs woodley rematch, slow at times when the action pickep up it was good.
What a fuggin fight. Still dunno why Woodley didn't take him down more than that one attempt. Woodley really impressed me and luls @ the fuggin scoring confusion. I had it 3 rounds to 2 for Wonderboy, but I could see Woodley getting a 10-8 in the first, hence the draws. Did the score cards get released yet?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Baker
Art Expert

Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 am

Codeblue wrote:
toobs wrote:Can't wait for the wonderboy vs woodley rematch, slow at times when the action pickep up it was good.
What a fuggin fight. Still dunno why Woodley didn't take him down more than that one attempt. Woodley really impressed me and luls @ the fuggin scoring confusion. I had it 3 rounds to 2 for Wonderboy, but I could see Woodley getting a 10-8 in the first, hence the draws. Did the score cards get released yet?
I didnt have the 1st as a 10-8, but I did have 4 as a 10-8. The score card is whack, Doug Crosby (who is drymounting terrible) had the first as a 10-8 and not the 4th. I thought it was a draw personally. 3-2 Thompson with a 10-8 4th for Woodley.

bloodthrust
Art Expert

Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:05 pm

So how bad is Bisping gonna hurt his neck ducking Yoel?
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:36 pm

Why would he do that? Can a UFC champion dodge number 1 contenders? Didn't think Bisping really cared who he fought.