MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
inkedup
Art Expert
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:06 am

63schoeffling wrote:
punch wrote:GSP vs Nick Diaz 2? Yes please.
Did you guys forget how one sided and boring the first fight was. GSP won every single round, Diaz spent the majority of the fight on his back and neither fighter ever came close to finishing one another. Definitely not the rematch I want to see for both Nick and GSP's come back fights.
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6059
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:13 pm

inkedup wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
punch wrote:GSP vs Nick Diaz 2? Yes please.
Did you guys forget how one sided and boring the first fight was. GSP won every single round, Diaz spent the majority of the fight on his back and neither fighter ever came close to finishing one another. Definitely not the rematch I want to see for both Nick and GSP's come back fights.
The only thing the UFC, GSP & Nick Diaz remember or even care about is the 950,000 PPV buys their last fight did
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6059
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:21 am

Current ticket prices are leading people to believe that Conor is a go for MSG
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
Posts: 6171
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:59 am

Sooooo. It took awhile to come together, but the msg card is stacked.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Image
User avatar
AliRock110
Art Expert
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:00 am

13 fights, 3 titles on the line and the biggest draw in the company is headlining the main event. UFC blew the doors off this card. Looking like this is the real UFC 200.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8229
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:44 am

Really going to try and get tickets to this. I can't remember a better UFC card ever (barring injury).
User avatar
Baker
Art Expert
Posts: 6171
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:22 am

I dont think the actual fight order has been set yet but this is pretty ridiculous. Too bad more NY fighters arent on the card, but still, this card is crazy.


Eddie Alvarez (c) vs. Conor McGregor
Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Stephen Thompson
Jędrzejczyk (c) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero
Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson
Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans
Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington
Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
Jim Miller vs. Thiago Alves
Lyman Good vs. Belal Muhammad
Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Image
agentpak
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 7:10 pm
Location: Here on this forum

Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:38 pm

First time at MSG. Awesome!
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18168
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:49 pm

Aldo is livid
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
inkedup
Art Expert
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:52 pm

It is ridiculous that Conor gets to fight 3 different times without defending his belt. He just wants to be known as the first UFC fighter to hold 2 belts, if he beats Alvarez I bet he doesn't even go back to 145.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53499
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:42 am

Prolly go back to 170 and demand the winner of Woodley/Wonderboy.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
scobro13
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:27 am

inkedup wrote:It is ridiculous that Conor gets to fight 3 different times without defending his belt. He just wants to be known as the first UFC fighter to hold 2 belts, if he beats Alvarez I bet he doesn't even go back to 145.
In reality tho he cleaned out 145 (bar Frankie) and has had the LW champ pull out him, and then fought another twice in the time that Jose fought once. Jose / UFC didn't give Cubby his rematch after getting starched first time round and although Aldo is a legend and I'd probably still favour him in the rematch, I find the current Conor series of fights much more exciting, hence better for the sport.
User avatar
inkedup
Art Expert
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:45 am

Codeblue wrote:Prolly go back to 170 and demand the winner of Woodley/Wonderboy.
Nah, I think he learned his lesson fighting at 170, and Woodley and Wonderboy are a lot bigger than Nate.
scobro13 wrote:
inkedup wrote:It is ridiculous that Conor gets to fight 3 different times without defending his belt. He just wants to be known as the first UFC fighter to hold 2 belts, if he beats Alvarez I bet he doesn't even go back to 145.
In reality tho he cleaned out 145 (bar Frankie) and has had the LW champ pull out him, and then fought another twice in the time that Jose fought once. Jose / UFC didn't give Cubby his rematch after getting starched first time round and although Aldo is a legend and I'd probably still favour him in the rematch, I find the current Conor series of fights much more exciting, hence better for the sport.
I don't think anybody was lobbying for an instant rematch for Cub Swanson. I agree that I'd rather see Conor fight Alvarez than Aldo, but at the same time if Conor isn't going to fight at 145 anymore then whats the point of him holding the belt, I honestly think it's just so he can say he's a 2 weight division champ and he has no intention of going back to 145.
User avatar
scobro13
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:17 am

Yeah I totally agree. He wont fight at 145 again.

My Cubby point was more that he was on a 6 fight win streak and didn't get his rematch as he went out in about 8 seconds, to Jose's 13 seconds v Conor. Its hard to sell that fight
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4945
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:08 am

anyone manage to snag any tickets? anything in my price range (see: poor) seemingly was never available.

guess I'll try tomorrow AM and hope!
Post Reply