MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
mrkyuss
Art God

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:29 am

That's so stupid.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:53 pm

What a finish by Cerrone. :shock:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Baker
Art Expert

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:03 pm

Already some excellent finishes in the prelims. Looking forward to the main card.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
inkedup
Art Expert

Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:52 am

That was a good card, the flying knee KO was the fudge. Anthony Johnson looked like a beast and I can't stand "Mr. Wonderful" so that made it even better. I'm really looking forward to seeing Comier vs. Jones…

And on a side note is anybody else sick of seeing women fight? 99% of the time its going to decision besides a Rousey arm bar, I usually take a leak and refill my beer when the girls are in the ring.
Stroma
Art Expert

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:21 am

inkedup wrote:That was a good card, the flying knee KO was the fudge. Anthony Johnson looked like a beast and I can't stand "Mr. Wonderful" so that made it even better. I'm really looking forward to seeing Comier vs. Jones…

And on a side note is anybody else sick of seeing women fight? 99% of the time its going to decision besides a Rousey arm bar, I usually take a leak and refill my beer when the girls are in the ring.

Is Jones the dirtiest fighter, or does somebody else hold that distinction?
Have you ever tasted skin?
foradequadro
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:02 am

inkedup wrote:That was a good card, the flying knee KO was the fudge. Anthony Johnson looked like a beast and I can't stand "Mr. Wonderful" so that made it even better. I'm really looking forward to seeing Comier vs. Jones…

agree and agree. Jones put up a hell of a fight (eye-poking notwithstanding). I still think Gustafsson is the the only one who really stands a chance against him, but Cormier definitely deserves a shot.

Johnson's comeback was fantastic. I look forward to his next fight - it would be great to see him face a skilled wrestler such as Cormier or Sonnen.
ImageImageImage
mrkyuss
Art God

Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:35 am

Cormier vJones would be interesting.

Geez the LHW division is stacked.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:54 am

watching jones annoys me. He has a ton of talent but chooses to fight dirty and is not penalized for it. Constant eye gouges and oblique kicks - disgusting
jools
Art Expert

Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:20 pm

sweet KO

Sad to see Lou Barlow taken out like that
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
Baker
Art Expert

Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:44 pm

This was pretty perfectly timed as well

ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
misterx
Art Expert

Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:19 pm

fireballkid.jpeg
Geat photo.
Mr. Wonderful probably aint feeling too great today. Looking past AJ seemed really disrespectful and he paid the price BIG time, which was good because I always felt he was way too overrated. #4 ? Come on...

As for the Beal flying knee, does this photo explain it?
chrisbeal.jpeg
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
inkedup
Art Expert

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:15 pm

Jones is an eye poking mother drymounter…

misterx
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:02 am

Couldn't agree more, but, like fence grabbing, until the letter of the law is applied, fighters are going to carry on. Jones, because of his super long arms, is able to hold his opponent, literally, at 'arms length', but has to have his hand open in order to hold the head. Murgliato seemed confused as to how to "diagnose" what Jones was doing and with the exception of the verbal warning, did nothing. A grey area that, like those oblique kicks,which I also hate, should be addressed. But your photos are pretty damning...

Who was warned twice about fence grabbing this weekend? No point deductions for that, which translates to 3 grabs might get you a point deduction...3 grabs!
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:09 am

Looks like we might be getting jones v gussy 2 next
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:10 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:Looks like we might be getting jones v gussy 2 next
Prediction: Jones gets "hurt" and pulls out of that fight before it even happens.
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.