MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:08 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Ctg9095 wrote:Too cocky Anderson, way too cocky. There goes your belt dumbass
Andy said he doesn't want one but give it a few weeks and I guarantee you he will. He doesn't really have anyone to blame but himself. My hats off to Chris weidman and despite the dramatic finish that was in no way a win that convinces anyone that weidman is the better fighter. Anderson is still the better fighter but I'm glad all his drymounting clowning around finally caught up to him. This makes the MW division interesting.

Overall a really fun fight card. Top to bottom, it was definitely one of the most entertaining cards in recent memory.
Yeah I don't see Weidman holding on to that belt for very long. He won, but he didn't dominate by any means.
Nor do I see Dana arranging any megafight between Weidman and Jon Jones or GSP... that wouldn't be fair at all :lol:
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:13 am

mrkyuss wrote:Easy payday for me.
mr_rugby wrote: 2-1 odds isn't really considered an easy payday
hellosir
Art Freak

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:13 am

mrkyuss wrote:How does Oliviera get Edgar after losing his last fight? Another easy payday for Silva.
Oof
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:19 am

rhythmgtr5 wrote:I'm wondering if Anderson has lost his passion as well.
“It's hard to get up and train when you're sleeping on silk sheets" -Marvin Hagler
Stroma
Art Expert

Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:00 am

That was a pretty entertaining card. I'm happy for Brian Melancon. He's a friend of mine and I know how anxious and excited he was to get his chance to fight in the UFC. I'm also happy that Anderson lost in the way that he did. Now we just did Jones to lose in the same fashion.
Have you ever tasted skin?
McDung
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:12 am

mr_rugby wrote:Tim is much bigger and stronger...wait until you see them square off
bloodthrust wrote:As far as Munoz goes, I think his loss to Weidman and the damage he took in that fight was career altering, and I don't think he'll recover.
mrkyuss
Art God

Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:11 am

I bet against Silva still.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
misterx
Art Expert

Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:58 pm

Please excuse my tears as I type this, sniff....

Anderson, anderson. What are we going to do with you? You use the word "respect" all the time, yet you dis Weidman like that, and then, to add insult to injury for you, your dicking around makes you look like a fool and not the GOAT I always said you were.

Great card though.The fear in Seth Bsddgszinski's :wink: eyes, knowing the Pain was coming from Stroma's buddy(who looks the Real Deal),Barbossa's leg kick demolition,Frankie's WAR with DoBronx,Swanson's cool fight with Siver, Munoz' domination of what feels like EB's very own Tim B(as he feels to me, at least),Kennedy's ground domination of Gracie ...all great fights...'cept Andersons.

Feel sorry for Weidman too...no one wants to win the belt like that. Silva's legacy diminishes and Weidmans victory is obviously tarnished...beat Silva under normal circumstances and Weidmans an instant Superstar; I dont get that feeling.

And, worst of all, the Silva Era is over; that to me is bad enough...but the magnitude and way it ended..... sigh.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
hellosir
Art Freak

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm

mrkyuss wrote:I bet against Silva still.
What were the odds on the upset?
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:14 pm

misterx wrote:Please excuse my tears as I type this, sniff....

Anderson, anderson. What are we going to do with you? You use the word "respect" all the time, yet you dis Weidman like that, and then, to add insult to injury for you, your dicking around makes you look like a fool and not the GOAT I always said you were.

Great card though.The fear in Seth Bsddgszinski's :wink: eyes, knowing the Pain was coming from Stroma's buddy(who looks the Real Deal),Barbossa's leg kick demolition,Frankie's WAR with DoBronx,Swanson's cool fight with Siver, Munoz' domination of what feels like EB's very own Tim B(as he feels to me, at least),Kennedy's ground domination of Gracie ...all great fights...'cept Andersons.

Feel sorry for Weidman too...no one wants to win the belt like that. Silva's legacy diminishes and Weidmans victory is obviously tarnished...beat Silva under normal circumstances and Weidmans an instant Superstar; I dont get that feeling.

And, worst of all, the Silva Era is over; that to me is bad enough...but the magnitude and way it ended..... sigh.
I agree with everything you said except the legacy of Silva being diminished. C'mon dude. Not to take away from Weidman because the kid deserves all the respect in the world but no one for a second believes that win confirms that Weidman is now the better fighter. Nope not a chance. He didn't do it so it is irrelevant but had Silva not got cutesy in the second round, he wins via anyway he wants. Midway through the first he already had weidmans timing down and looked like he was about to go terminator mode on him. Congrats to Weidman though. I have a feeling if Silva does indeed pass on the rematch that MW is now wide open.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Sceazy
Art Expert

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:27 pm

misterx wrote:
The Silva era is hardly over, he just signed a 10 fight deal with the UFC with 9 more to go. I would imagine there will be an automatic rematch and I think Anderson will win. Nothing against Weidman, I think hes a tough dude I just dont know if hes that good. Time will tell though, its always nice to get some fresh blood in there to mix things up a bit
ryanfromindiana wrote:drymount all of you crying about missing, you probably aren't even true fans.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtPrint/
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Sceazy wrote:
misterx wrote:
The Silva era is hardly over, he just signed a 10 fight deal with the UFC with 9 more to go. I would imagine there will be an automatic rematch and I think Anderson will win. Nothing against Weidman, I think hes a tough dude I just dont know if hes that good. Time will tell though, its always nice to get some fresh blood in there to mix things up a bit
In the post-fight interview, Silva said he'd play out his contract but no more title fights... whatever the drymount that means :?
Sceazy
Art Expert

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Ctg9095 wrote:
Sceazy wrote:
misterx wrote:
In the post-fight interview, Silva said he'd play out his contract but no more title fights... whatever the drymount that means :?
I dont think he has a choice in the matter to be honest, but if that is the case bring on Bones Jones!!!!!!!
ryanfromindiana wrote:drymount all of you crying about missing, you probably aren't even true fans.
Sceazy
Art Expert

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Just thinking about that makes me so excited for the sport. Jones has been hiding behind his belt saying he would lose money from the fight by losing his belt, and any other number of bullshit crybaby excuses he comes up with to avoid fights like that. I wish Dana could force him to fight
willg
Art Expert

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Sceazy wrote:Just thinking about that makes me so excited for the sport. Jones has been hiding behind his belt saying he would lose money from the fight by losing his belt, and any other number of bullshit crybaby excuses he comes up with to avoid fights like that. I wish Dana could force him to fight
Would be a non title fight with either Silva or GSP, not sure what you mean.

Edit: Nevermind the jones would at lhw.