MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6034
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Sun May 26, 2013 3:06 pm

CityandColour wrote:Huuuuuge upset win by TJ Grant!
Not really. Gray hasn't been close to the same fighter after being stopped by Edgar. Grey's problem is he's in love with his striking but unfortunately he's not the good at it. Needs to incorporate his wrestling back into his overall style.
User avatar
misterx
Art Expert
Posts: 7220
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 am
Location: Yeppoon

Sun May 26, 2013 7:18 pm

If TJ Grant fights Henderson, I fancy his chances of catching him tbh.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18158
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Sun May 26, 2013 7:27 pm

misterx wrote:If TJ Grant fights Henderson, I fancy his chances of catching him tbh.
I think you're right. It's going to be an awesome fight but yea I think tj can finish him. He's looked like a killer since he dropped from WW
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
joshua
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:00 am

Sun May 26, 2013 11:42 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
inkedup wrote:Yeah there was definitely some entertaining fights last night.
Minus the main event that is probably the second best card of this year in terms of pure entertainment value.
that main event should have never happened anyway. jds was most impressive. pretty good card all around.
ImageImage
ISO...
User avatar
Stroma
Art Expert
Posts: 1076
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:25 pm

Mon May 27, 2013 12:24 am

joshua wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
inkedup wrote:Yeah there was definitely some entertaining fights last night.
Minus the main event that is probably the second best card of this year in terms of pure entertainment value.
that main event should have never happened anyway. jds was most impressive. pretty good card all around.
I wish the HW division was a bit deeper. It's a shame that we're going to get another Cain/JDS fight so soon. Look how quickly we got Cain/Silva 2. It's all conjuring up flashbacks of all the Mir/Lesnar fights.
Have you ever tasted skin?
User avatar
joshua
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:00 am

Mon May 27, 2013 12:30 am

Stroma wrote:
joshua wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
inkedup wrote:Yeah there was definitely some entertaining fights last night.
Minus the main event that is probably the second best card of this year in terms of pure entertainment value.
that main event should have never happened anyway. jds was most impressive. pretty good card all around.
I wish the HW division was a bit deeper. It's a shame that we're going to get another Cain/JDS fight so soon. Look how quickly we got Cain/Silva 2. It's all conjuring up flashbacks of all the Mir/Lesnar fights.
looks like its gonna be cain/jds fights from now on with one random fight inbetween, unless more heavyweights show up.
ImageImage
ISO...
User avatar
mrkyuss
Art God
Posts: 26874
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne

Mon May 27, 2013 10:18 am

misterx wrote:If TJ Grant fights Henderson, I fancy his chances of catching him tbh.
Hendo is pretty quick.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
User avatar
misterx
Art Expert
Posts: 7220
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 am
Location: Yeppoon

Mon May 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Yes he is.But Grant is on a tear right now and has a lot of tools to finish him. I think it will be a great scrap and I reckon Grant has a very good chance....he seems to be a thinking mans type of fighter who comes into a fight with a very cerebral game plan....we shall see!
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
User avatar
misterx
Art Expert
Posts: 7220
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 am
Location: Yeppoon

Wed May 29, 2013 10:47 pm

Mir Vs. Barnett for UFC 164.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
User avatar
inkedup
Art Expert
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Wed May 29, 2013 11:03 pm

I'm surprised Mir hasn't retired yet.
User avatar
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert
Posts: 3081
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:39 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Wed May 29, 2013 11:31 pm

Cat Zingano out with a knee injury, Meisha Tate in as coach for TUF 18 and to fight Rousey!!!

Image
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
User avatar
misterx
Art Expert
Posts: 7220
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 am
Location: Yeppoon

Thu May 30, 2013 12:11 am

I understand the choice, but YUCK.

Tate looses to Rousey, gets drymounted up by Zingano, has a kretin for a boyfriend and she gets this for being so, so, so....fudge!
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
User avatar
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert
Posts: 3081
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:39 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Thu May 30, 2013 12:18 am

misterx wrote:I understand the choice, but YUCK.

Tate looses to Rousey, gets drymounted up by Zingano, has a kretin for a boyfriend and she gets this for being so, so, so....fudge!
She gets this because of how shallow the female division is right now and Rousey & Tate already have "history"...aka...it will make for good TV!
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
User avatar
misterx
Art Expert
Posts: 7220
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 am
Location: Yeppoon

Thu May 30, 2013 12:20 am

know, I know...like I said I understand, BUT ITS STILL fudge JEFF....C'MON!



:wink:
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
User avatar
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert
Posts: 3081
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:39 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Thu May 30, 2013 12:35 am

misterx wrote:know, I know...like I said I understand, BUT ITS STILL fudge JEFF....C'MON!



:wink:
Hey, no one else lasted as long in the armbar as Tate did :-P
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
Post Reply