MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
infrared90s
Art Expert

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:20 am

early stoppage.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:46 am

Dumb drymount broke his toe celebrating like a moron and not during the fight

edit: guess it was during the fight, just think Chael was 30 second away from being champ via doctor stoppage
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:01 am

OtisMcfluster wrote:Good read: http://deadspin.com/chael-sonnen-the-uf ... -474796344

*edit: Must read.
Article almost made me vomit in my mouth! Was baseless, accusatory, and chalk full of revisionists history!!

I am not even a big Sonnen fan, but come on, the introductory paragraph isn't even correct. TRT does not equal steroids, the laundering is correct, but failed republican isn't exactly accurate, since he pulled himself due to his aforementioned legal problem. If I remember correctly, he was doing pretty well too!

He got the fight with Anderson because he beat the guys who were next in line...both times! Talking fudge is part of selling a fight, and honestly, Mike Tyson has said things far more condemnable then anything Chael has said! I would agree about talking his way into a fight if he didn't earn it at middleweight. Say what you want about his fight with Jones, but he was the only guy who stepped up when no one else would after Henderson's injury. Jones said no to the fight. In the UFC, they reward loyalty and Sonnen was rewarded with a chance to fight that Jones turned down. Maybe rightfully so, but Jones also wanted that fight later, after everyone, including the media, lambasted him for his decision.

As for where Chael has fought, he fought during the dark ages of MMA, not a whole lot of options. Doesn't matter where he fought, but who he fought, and he fought quite a few name guys! Guy fights everyone, especially tough fighters!

Love the, looking for racism that isn't there in some of his comments about Jones. Funny thing, the writer of the article is doing exactly what he is accusing Chael of doing!

This article reads to me like a love letter of someone who really doesn't like Chael Sonnen and there is far more race baiting in this article then you could ever accuse Chael of!!
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
misterx
Art Expert

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:12 pm

I disagree Jeff...
the money laundering alone is a disgrace.The fact that he turned coat on his friends, throwing them under the bus by testifying against them to save himself, speaks volumes to me about the man.

His TRT levels were 17 times higher than normal, and 4 times over the 4:1 ratio after the first AS fight so he cheated there too,followed by his lying about talking to Kizer and saying the Cali commission had given him approval when that too was a lie.The commission couldnt even find any paperwork to confirm he had at least applied for a TRT exemption, let alone grant it.

He did fail in his Republican dream insofar as he had to pull out of the race given his cheating, lying ways in real estate...thats a fail in my books...these are facts mate, not baseless accusations as you seem to believe!

You complain that the article 'doesnt like chael", but honestly, what is there to like? he certainly doesnt come across as a fair-minded competitor!

He's lied.he's cheated.He's used racist remarks.Whats revisionist...you lost me with that one...? I sense you quite like the guy, given your defence of the indefensible, Jeff!

Having said that, I suspect he's moving on to FOX's greener pastures. He'll fit in nicely.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:50 pm

I guess nobody has read "articles" about NFL or NBA players...makes Chael look like a saint
misterx
Art Expert

Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:52 pm

Articles about serial killers also make P. Sonnen look like a good guy, but thats hardly the point...he's a lying, corrupt cheater who, quite frankly, tarnishes the MMA rep.

Sadly, the UFC chooses to brush certain things under the carpet when it has $$$ benefits.
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:20 pm

I am really not a big Chael fan. I did agree that the Laundering was true, but that has nothing to do with his MMA career. I said TRT does not equal steroids. If you believe everything Ketih Kizer says, you should look more into that guy. The NSAC is as shady as they come. We can agree to disagree on his Republican run, because he was doing very well and pulled himself due to the aforementioned Laundering. If he wasn't so popular in MMA right now, I could see him running again.

Revisionist is the fact that they act like he magically got 3 title fights in the UFC and 2 in WEC (not even mentioned)! He beat 2 competitors that were next in line for a title shot. Give credit where credit is due. He sells fights better then most. Again, when I worked for the UFC, you don't know how awesome that is! Try editing 2 hours worth of interviews with one guy, who can barely string a sentence together! Half of the business is promotion and Chael gets that, for better or worse!! Dude put a beating on Silva for 4 and half rounds...I was there...he went from being booed to cheered. TRT didn't do that, it may have helped, but it didn't make Silva look human.

You ask me what there is to like about Chael...he is great with the fans, he is pretty funny, he looked like an amazing mentor on this season of the Ultimate Fighter. If you listen to him speak outside of twitter or his shtick, he seems to really care about the sport. He was a class act after the fight with Jones that he could easily make the argument the fight was stopped early. He came to fight, he just isn't as good, but damn if he didn't try to put put a beating on Jones. Those are the fighters I like. For my money, I pay to see a good fight, if the guy cheats, then let the commission deal with that.

Damn, it really sounds like I like the guy, but I seriously can take or leave him! Wasn't a huge fan of him in the WEC, but felt bad Filho cost him a title. More guys should look to how he sells fights (maybe with less vitriol) and then goes in and does what he says he is going to do!
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:39 pm

Nobody really knew or cared about "pretty boy" floyd mayweather, now everyone knows and cares who "money" mayweather is.

Mayweather knows how to sell a fight, he built HBO's 24/7

Nothing is worse or lower then someone who beats up a women...
johnr1311
Art Expert

Thu May 02, 2013 1:52 am

misterx wrote:Sonnen looked scared at the Press conference earlier...and Bisping is gonna get killed.
Hurumph
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
misterx
Art Expert

Thu May 02, 2013 2:05 am

:oops:
mrkyuss
Art God

Fri May 03, 2013 5:01 am

I'd watch that. Geez falling from those blocks while in a choke doesn't look very safe....
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Mon May 06, 2013 10:50 pm

Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC) was scheduled to talk with a few of Los Angeles' largest media outlets on Tuesday but ultimately skipped the session and instead flew home to his native Brazil.

"We had a full media day set up for him in Los Angeles, and he just decided he didn't want to do it, so he's being fined $50,000," UFC President Dana White told USA TODAY Sports and MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

"He doesn't like talking to the media, but it's part of his contractual obligation," White said. "Everybody wants more money, more money, more money, but nobody wants to sell the fight or go out and talk to the media. Talking to the media is part of your job, whether you like it or not."

Silva was scheduled to appear on local TV and radio stations, as well as a luncheon with more than a dozen Los Angeles-area newspapers and websites.
misterx
Art Expert

Wed May 08, 2013 8:57 pm

I am hoping the interview has an extensive story of Dans Amazonian trip and his experiences under the influence...thanks for posting!