MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:59 am

Glad for Tim took him to win ....worked out well.

Not sure that was Hector's best fight ... I am sure he will rebound for the next one.

Not the best card overall.

Looking forward to Henderson V edgar that should be a good fight.
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.
piomba
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:14 am

They are saying Boetsch broke his foot in the 2nd.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:56 am

mr_rugby wrote:Remember it's Lombard's first fight in the UFC, TB has better wrestling (division 1 wrestling), better cardio and can handle his own as far as judo goes. Stand up goes to Lombard hands down. The first round is going to be key. If TB can win the first round and drag Lombard into the 3rd round I think he stands a really good chance of beating him. Let's not forget Tim is huge for 185 (might be the 2nd biggest guy in the division) and he cuts down from 220+. I think Lombard will gas out and then TB will pounce.

Plus Tim can take a punch and any fight in or out of the UFC is a tough fight. I'm excited for this fight.

Win or lose Tim will get paid very very well...like low six figures good for stepping up and taking this fight.
Played out I thought it would
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:00 am

piomba wrote:They are saying Boetsch broke his foot in the 2nd.
Truth
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:10 am

mr_rugby wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:Remember it's Lombard's first fight in the UFC, TB has better wrestling (division 1 wrestling), better cardio and can handle his own as far as judo goes. Stand up goes to Lombard hands down. The first round is going to be key. If TB can win the first round and drag Lombard into the 3rd round I think he stands a really good chance of beating him. Let's not forget Tim is huge for 185 (might be the 2nd biggest guy in the division) and he cuts down from 220+. I think Lombard will gas out and then TB will pounce.

Plus Tim can take a punch and any fight in or out of the UFC is a tough fight. I'm excited for this fight.

Win or lose Tim will get paid very very well...like low six figures good for stepping up and taking this fight.
Played out I thought it would
Wow! 100% correct!!
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
misterx
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Congrats to Tim for the win, but wow, what a disappointing fight/card it was....talk about a snooze fest.I thought Hector won on points to be honest...how TB managed to win throwing leg kicks and constantly moving backwards on his bicycle was surprising .
As for Hector, what was he doing? Talk about flat footed, he seemed rooted to the spot. I just feel that HL gave the fight to Tim because of his own doing, as opposed to TB winning the fight because of what he had done.

zzzzzzzzz.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:56 pm

Already talks about Lombard dropping down a weight class. I guess Lombard is a counter puncher now... :roll:

Hard to move forward with a broken foot
misterx
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:23 pm

He had no problems moving backwards though... :shock:
misterx
Art Expert

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:54 am

MAjunkie.com today confirmed with sources close to the two fighters that Vitor Belfort and Alan Belcher have verbally agreed to meet on the main card of this fall's UFC 153 event.

Additionally, Belfort late Tuesday took to his Twitter account to call out Belcher for UFC 153, then said in his native Portugese that the matchup was one UFC president Dana White wanted.

Featuring a featherweight title fight between current champion Jose Aldo and challenger Erik Koch, "UFC 153: Aldo vs. Koch" takes place Oct. 13 at Rio de Janeiro's HSBC Arena.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:02 am

Hopefully Urijah will finally assume his rightful position as gatekeeper instead "top contender".
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
misterx
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:04 am

USA TODAY Sports confirmed with UFC and Strikeforce officials that Mir has agreed to meet Strikeforce grand prix winner and former two-time Olympic wrestler Daniel Cormier (10-0 MMA, 7-0 SF) in the co-main event of September's Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy fight card, on Sept. 29 at Power Balance Pavilion in Sacramento, and airs on Showtime.

"There has been a lot of speculation as to who Cormier would fight next, and this is the fight that makes the most sense," UFC president Dana White said. "The reality is, Cormier is one of the best heavyweights in the world. He just won the grand prix and beat Josh Barnett. He needs to fight opponents of that caliber, and Frank Mir is that guy."
OtisMcfluster
Art Expert

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Just saw an ad for Brock Lesnar returning to the WWF. So there is that.
misterx
Art Expert

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:40 pm

"Jon Fitch will draw one of the UFC's top young guns in his next outing.

The longtime welterweight contender is set to square off with Brazilian Erick Silva at UFC 153, MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani has learned. Sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed the two had verbally agreed to the pairing."

Hmmm....interesting matchup. Dont like Fitch's chances tbh.
johnr1311
Art Expert

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:45 pm

by twilight77 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:43 pm
mjk was on the joe rogan podcast today. Should be an interesting listen.
twilight77
Art Connoisseur

This is pretty good
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
twilight77
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:21 am

^He just put up one with Tito Ortiz. That should be really interesting.
hirschy75 wrote:And twilight you can kiss my ass.