MMA News, Rumors & Results

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:51 pm

bloodthrust wrote:Diaz and Penn haven't been training for a 25 minute fight.
The fight will be contested at three rounds.
inkedup
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:45 pm

mr_rugby wrote:
twilight77 wrote:GSP injured - Penn vs. Diaz elevated to main event.
A knee injury forced St-Pierre off the card, though the extent of it isn't known. According to White, Josh Koscheck offered to fight Condit on 10 days' notice, but the UFC boss stated Condit will sit on the sidelines and await St-Pierre's return.
Never been a fan of Koscheck but I like the fact that he's willing to fight anyone even on a very short notice.
Baker
Art Expert

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Hopefully it is just a sprain and maybe we can still see the fight in January or so.

Atleast glad to see they arent having Condit take another fight and possibly lose his shot at GSP. I still want to see that fight!
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:00 am

:roll:
misterx
Art Expert

Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:18 am

*sigh*
Fedor was one of only a handful of fighters who gave me goosebumps when I watched him fight...Anderson Silva was/is another.

That zombie-like expression he had just before the fight, (which I think Kevin Randelman(sic)described as having eyes which looked "dead"..) will always stay with me...those who have watched Pride will know exactly what I mean...his whole face and eyes seemed to glass over,without expression,positive or negative, and you knew he was soo drymountin' ready to kill.
Regardless of the debate over the calibre of his opponents,which I think is unfounded anyway,you knew when Fedor was starring on a card, you were guaranteed a great scrap.He really fought.
I don't know why he has declined to the point that he is having to fight Munson,be it a refusal to continue to learn and develop, be it apathy or not going to the UFC when he could blah blah but to see this fight makes me sad.
When he lost to Werdum I chalked it down to he made a mistake and got caught...when he lost to Silva I thought Ok, Silva has improved a lot and Fedor underestimated his opponent. After the H Bomb I didn't know what to think other than the obvious.

This trailer confirms my thoughts. He is indeed washed up.
How embarrassing Fedor.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
johnr1311
Art Expert

Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:35 am

Yawn
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Fedor vs Monson would have been a fight I really would have wanted to see. . . .

. . . . in 2005.
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:46 am

So how bored/dumb am I that I'm actually considering ordering tonight's card?
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.
willg
Art Expert

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:51 am

bloodthrust wrote:So how bored/dumb am I that I'm actually considering ordering tonight's card?
I'm in the same boat. The fight card feels like it should be free on Spike. Cant stand Diaz but I don't think he's going to have any trouble with Penn.
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:10 pm

At least with Diaz winning you know you'll get a ridiculous post fight interview. I threw some money down on Diaz the other day, I agree he shouldn't have much trouble with Penn. I just see this as one of those fights BJ won't be "in" to...and we all know how BJ fights when he's not motivated.
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.
misterx
Art Expert

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:40 pm

Interesting fights on this card.
I think bj's got a good chance actually. Siver/cerrone and Check/mittrione I like too.
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:44 pm

There must have been something in the contract with Spike that wouldn't allow the Cerrone/Siver fight to be moved to the main card. Personally, I think that is the second best fight on tonight's card.

Speaking of Congo/Mittrione, how is Congo's nickname not "The Stepping Stone"?
misterx
Art Expert

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:50 pm

I think Congo will beat Mittrione... he's certainly a big step up, and I feel this might be similar to Schaubs fall from grace.
Let's not forget Mirco vs Nelson... if this is Crocops swansong, I would like to see him left headkick Nelson into oblivion, just for old times sake.
My pix:
Penn
Kongo
Siver
Mirco
Jorgensen
Hioki
Personally I think this is a good solid card with lots of potential fireworks.
willg
Art Expert

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:54 pm

I'm picking the opposite on the top 4 you've listed. :)
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:58 pm

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and order it, what better is there to do?. Hope you're right about the fireworks Misterx.