soccer...

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Post Reply
User avatar
ThierryHenry
Art Expert
Posts: 1369
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:00 am

Mon May 04, 2009 7:35 pm

bysleightofhand wrote:if Manchester wins, I want to see barca take them on. If barca doesn't advance, I'd prefer seeing somebody other than Manchester win.

I know you mean Arsenal!!

I definitely don't want Man ure or Chavski to win it so if Arsenal don't I'd like Henry to lift the trophy.

Speaking of Henry, he owns a box at the Emirates stadium so its possible he could be attending the game tomorrow
night. Probably wont but its possible.

Where are you from "bysleightofhand"? Will you watch the game tomor?
User avatar
bysleightofhand
Art Expert
Posts: 3800
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 am
Location: CT

Mon May 04, 2009 8:01 pm

From the U SofA. Yeah, I'll probably watch the game, but not live. I'll have to watch it tomorrow night. 8) . I'll make darn sure to watch Barca live 8)
and no, I have no relatives or in fact ever been to spain. I just love the style Barca plays with. I also cheer on DCunited in the MLS, but watching the MLS after these Euro games can be a little let down. I miss the crisp passing and excellent final touches. But fudge that, I'm a DC united fan for life. I've followed them since the league started 8)
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
User avatar
ThierryHenry
Art Expert
Posts: 1369
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:00 am

Tue May 05, 2009 7:06 am

bysleightofhand wrote:From the U SofA. Yeah, I'll probably watch the game, but not live. I'll have to watch it tomorrow night. 8) . I'll make darn sure to watch Barca live 8)
and no, I have no relatives or in fact ever been to spain. I just love the style Barca plays with. I also cheer on DCunited in the MLS, but watching the MLS after these Euro games can be a little let down. I miss the crisp passing and excellent final touches. But fudge that, I'm a DC united fan for life. I've followed them since the league started 8)

If you're a Barca fan because of the style of their style of play then you must also be a fan of Arsenal!!

Its well known that Arsenal & Barca play the most attractive football.

Well....todays the day. C'mon the GUNNERS!!!!
User avatar
ThierryHenry
Art Expert
Posts: 1369
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:00 am

Tue May 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Im speechless.

Well done Man ure. It was like Men against Boys.

I just wish Arsenal put a bit of a fight.
User avatar
bysleightofhand
Art Expert
Posts: 3800
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 am
Location: CT

Tue May 05, 2009 9:06 pm

ThierryHenry wrote:Im speechless.

Well done Man ure. It was like Men against Boys.

I just wish Arsenal put a bit of a fight.
haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I will eventually. I did catch the final score. Sorry man. Here's hoping we lay the smack down on Chelsea to make the championship worthwhile :clap:
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 893
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: Here and There

Tue May 05, 2009 10:30 pm

It hurt to watch.

I'm shell shocked

Oh well there's always next year.

Focus on finishing third so we don't have to qualify for the champions league.

well done manu's but no matter how many championship trophy's you win - Ronaldo is still a twat.

Rooney - not so bad he could play on my team any day.
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.
User avatar
cerebus
Art Expert
Posts: 2925
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:00 am

Tue May 05, 2009 10:31 pm

bysleightofhand wrote:
ThierryHenry wrote:Im speechless.

Well done Man ure. It was like Men against Boys.

I just wish Arsenal put a bit of a fight.
haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I will eventually. I did catch the final score. Sorry man. Here's hoping we lay the smack down on Chelsea to make the championship worthwhile :clap:
Ronaldo is hitting top form at the moment. If it is Barca vs. Man U in the final, Messi vs. Ronaldo will be fantastic to watch.

Real shame for Fletcher though. That was never a penalty, let alone a sending off. And there's no appeal process for him, so he's definitely missing the final.
Image
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 893
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: Here and There

Tue May 05, 2009 10:34 pm

I don't feel so bad for him.

Kinda cheap... I know but I'm still smarting from the loss.
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.
User avatar
bysleightofhand
Art Expert
Posts: 3800
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 am
Location: CT

Tue May 05, 2009 10:38 pm

cerebus wrote:
bysleightofhand wrote:
ThierryHenry wrote:Im speechless.

Well done Man ure. It was like Men against Boys.

I just wish Arsenal put a bit of a fight.
haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I will eventually. I did catch the final score. Sorry man. Here's hoping we lay the smack down on Chelsea to make the championship worthwhile :clap:
Ronaldo is hitting top form at the moment. If it is Barca vs. Man U in the final, Messi vs. Ronaldo will be fantastic to watch.

Real shame for Fletcher though. That was never a penalty, let alone a sending off. And there's no appeal process for him, so he's definitely missing the final.
little doubt in my mind Messi had a far superior season this go around. Hopefully he keeps up the fine form and picks up the FIFA award for the year.
And even if i don't like Ronaldo (flops too much for me, don't like his attitude), I think he's probably one of the top 3 finishers in the world (both close and long distance) and pretty damn good from set pieces, something I think Messi needs work on the most.
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
User avatar
jojobadass
Art Freak
Posts: 19927
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 12:00 am
Location: chick-fila
Contact:

Tue May 05, 2009 10:42 pm

what's going on?
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

and for everything else under the sun; including fine art, art prints, toys and other junk....be sure to check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosfineart.com
User avatar
bysleightofhand
Art Expert
Posts: 3800
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 am
Location: CT

Tue May 05, 2009 10:45 pm

jojobadass wrote:what's going on?
me chatting with a bunch of euros about UEFA champions league :pint:
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
User avatar
jojobadass
Art Freak
Posts: 19927
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 12:00 am
Location: chick-fila
Contact:

Tue May 05, 2009 10:52 pm

my fondest memory of europe was sitting in a old pub in some small town in Ireland watching hurling on TV. fantastic time, great folks.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

and for everything else under the sun; including fine art, art prints, toys and other junk....be sure to check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosfineart.com
User avatar
cerebus
Art Expert
Posts: 2925
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:00 am

Wed May 06, 2009 8:11 am

lcsproductions wrote:I don't feel so bad for him.

Kinda cheap... I know but I'm still smarting from the loss.
I guess you're right. It's the same as all those Arsenal players who won't play in a CL final any time soon.

:P
Image
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 893
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: Here and There

Wed May 06, 2009 10:16 am

There's always next year. C'mon you reds! (Not to mention we still play Men U in the league)

And you haven't won it yet.

Last year I got to see Christian Ronaldo and John Terry cry in the same game.

Its a shame that a team actually had to win.
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.
User avatar
cerebus
Art Expert
Posts: 2925
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:00 am

Wed May 06, 2009 10:36 am

lcsproductions wrote:There's always next year. C'mon you reds! (Not to mention we still play Men U in the league)

And you haven't won it yet.

Last year I got to see Christian Ronaldo and John Terry cry in the same game.

Its a shame that a team actually had to win.
Actually, I don't support any team in particular. My home town team is Swansea City, who had a respectable finish in the Championship this year, and play some great football under Roberto Martinez. In fact, they play a little bit like your Gunners - quick movement, and passing on the floor, not long balls hoofed over the top.

I just enjoy watching the games when the top teams are playing, and it struck me last night that Ronaldo was hitting top form at the right time of the season. I would prefer a Barca vs. Man U final, but have no real preference who wins it. Just hope that it's a good game.
Image
Post Reply