soccer...

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:43 pm

turnJBup wrote:God made the soccer ball for people who are unable to hit a baseball.
Baseball is not worth my time until late September
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:15 pm

turnJBup wrote:God made the soccer ball for people who are unable to hit a baseball.

Baseball nothing!!
turnJBup
Art Expert

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:36 pm

Yeah it's really exciting to watch a World Cup that goes down to penalty kicks..... :roll:
From what I can tell crying is part of the game?
If a Major League Baseball player is ever seen on the ground writhing in pain crying.... his season is over.
You don't see him running at full speed 30 seconds later.
True.
mikeyc1023
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:45 pm

How can you even compare these two sports at all? They are complete opposites...

You'll never see a dude as big as Big Papi, Manny Ramirez, CC Sabathia, Bartolo Colon, Prince Fielder, etc. running around on a soccer pitch...

and you'll never see a baseball player take a dive... but thats mostly because baseball isn't a very physical sport as far as body to body contact.

I agree that most soccer players are a bunch of flopping pussies.. but it's still fun as hell to watch.

apples to oranges my friends
turnJBup
Art Expert

Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:01 pm

mikeyc1023 wrote:How can you even compare these two sports at all? They are complete opposites...

You'll never see a dude as big as Big Papi, Manny Ramirez, CC Sabathia, Bartolo Colon, Prince Fielder, etc. running around on a soccer pitch...

and you'll never see a baseball player take a dive... but thats mostly because baseball isn't a very physical sport as far as body to body contact.

I agree that most soccer players are a bunch of flopping pussies.. but it's still fun as hell to watch.

Yup.
Lost me on never seeing a baseball player take a dive though. But the players you mentioned.... perhaps. :)
mikeyc1023
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:19 pm

turnJBup wrote:
mikeyc1023 wrote:How can you even compare these two sports at all? They are complete opposites...

Yup.
Lost me on never seeing a baseball player take a dive though. But the players you mentioned.... perhaps. :)
Just saying, for example, that a baseball player would never almost get hit with a pitch and act as if they'd just been shot, much like soccer players do when they unconvincingly reach for their anlkle or knee when a slide tackle misses them by damn near a foot.

either way.. like I said, it's entertaining.
mikeyc1023
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:49 pm

Crazy ass Arsenal v. Liverpool match today... :pint:
cerebus
Art Expert

Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:55 pm

mikeyc1023 wrote:Crazy ass Arsenal v. Liverpool match today... :pint:
Yep. Good stuff from Arshavin though as he's in my fantasy football team - 21 points tonight :clap:
silver
Art Expert

Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:04 pm

i remember watching arshavin in the euros last year and thinking that it would be awesome if arsenal picked him up. he was amazing.

4 goals at anfield...that was crazy.

can't believe wenger didn't play him or nasri in the FA semi....they both should have started.

oh well...i hope they can pass ManU next week in the CL.
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:16 am

That match was crazy. I also had Arshavin in my fantasy team.
My God he did well.

It was so frustrating watching Arsenals defence. We can pass any team off the park, so no problems there.
But the defence is a joke.
We took the lead 3 times (including in the 90th min). They'll have to sort that out when playing Manu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POUwT38X6qI

WOW!!
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:44 am

You know I hope we keep this current attacking form for the next couple of games. We won't have Andre against Man-U but something has to be done about the back four or just better marking by the whole team.

Whats the deal with Senderos @ Milan can we call him back for next year or do they have first choice of buying him?

Should we keep Adde? I know he's been good for us and all but we can flip him for a lot of money and start somebody else up front (Not BENTDNER) Maybe Jay Simpson? David Vila?

Liverpool game was breathtaking though but so was the Spurs game and we didnt win either of those.

Trying to stay positve
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:50 am

viva Barca. I think the blues will be in trouble next week. :D
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:13 am

bysleightofhand wrote:viva Barca. I think the blues will be in trouble next week. :D

What an awful match that was. Barca played ok but Chelsea are the most boring team.

Tonight should be a good game. 2 very attacking sides going at it.
The key to tonights game is to get an away goal. Even if the mighty Gooners lose.

C'MON THE GUNNERS!!!!!!
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:21 am

C'mon you reeeeeeds!

I can't wait for the match and the obey to drop today.

If only we could play Arshavin! I think Cesc and Basri are going to have a huge game.

Thierry do you agree having the second leg at the Em is to our advantage?

Chelsea are not only boring but ugly as well.
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:04 pm

I fear for barca's chances. Losing a starter and the captain for an away game is gonna be hard. I think barca will look to tie it one the road 1-1 or 2-2 and advance on away goals. If they go too much on the offensive their D will be exposed. Not to mention real this weekend...