soccer...

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Vytis33
Art Expert

Mon May 05, 2014 10:00 pm

duckyhoward
Art Expert

Mon May 05, 2014 10:10 pm

Season 2013/14 will be the one that got away for Liverpool. When it came to the crunch they weren't up to it. Looking forward to seeing them in the CL next year though.

A very disappointing result this morning/last night at Selhurst Park. Reminded me of the Reds comeback over Milan in 2005 in istanbul (but in reverse).

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though - but at 3-0 up Liverpool probably should have grabbed Jose Moriniho's big blue bus and slapped a quick coat of red paint on it and parked it it front to their goal. Instead that went for a 5-0 win and ultimately paid the price. Credit to Crystal Palace for playing some inspired football in that last 15 mins - bastards :evil:

It will be a long summer of soul searching at Anfield though. :cry:
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Tue May 06, 2014 6:27 am

duckyhoward wrote: A very disappointing result this morning/last night at Selhurst Park. Reminded me of the Reds comeback over Milan in 2005 in istanbul (but in reverse).

I don't usually watch games in pubs, but we watched this, and it has to be one of the best atmospheres/experiences watching a game. And none of us were even Liverpool supporters.
Grtdane06
Art Expert

Tue May 06, 2014 9:00 am

I feel soooo bad for Steven Gerrard - the only trophy that eludes him and the one that he wants so bad.
Replete wrote:Thanks GD and fittingly that was your 666th post :evil:
bert
Art Expert

Tue May 06, 2014 9:16 am

I was at Selhurst last night...it was an absolutely amazing atmosphere. At 60ish minutes I thought Liverpool were going to absolutely destroy us, but what a turn around. When the third went in it was pretty crazy! Football is a funny old game.

Also, it's not over yet...I can see the last day being exciting.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Wed May 07, 2014 1:10 pm

ottopsy wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:drymount OFF SCOUSERS!!!!!!!!!!! The City is Ours!!!!!!!!! JUst need to win on Weds and then a draw on Sunday
drymount off soft lad. you haven't got a clue.

and like jools says; be coherent. be a coherent pretender or keep coming across as a clueless drymounting twat

Care to explain what wasnt coherent enought for you?????

I'm assuming it was the City part as I guess I could have stated it better so you didn't mistake me as an Everton fan.... The City is Ours (Manchester). Also wouldn't call myself a pretender or a clueless twat at all on this subject. I might not be from the UK but I've been following the game for a very long time.

In the meantime just keep singing this in your head when we hold the trophy on Sunday...

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard. He slipped on his drymounting arse. He gave it to Demba Ba. Steve Gerrard, Gerrard
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
jeter0204
Art Expert

Wed May 07, 2014 5:15 pm

I don't know how Sunderland did it, but mad props to them for turning their season around and moving up to 14th on the table. Everyone had them heading to Championship
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
jpfondu
Art Expert

Wed May 07, 2014 5:35 pm

Any Celtic fans?
ottopsy
Art Enthusiast

Wed May 07, 2014 6:09 pm

jeter0204 wrote: Care to explain what wasnt coherent enought for you?????

I'm assuming it was the City part as I guess I could have stated it better so you didn't mistake me as an Everton fan.... The City is Ours (Manchester). Also wouldn't call myself a pretender or a clueless twat at all on this subject. I might not be from the UK but I've been following the game for a very long time.

In the meantime just keep singing this in your head when we hold the trophy on Sunday...

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard. He slipped on his drymounting arse. He gave it to Demba Ba. Steve Gerrard, Gerrard
Not really ever tried this 'singing in your head' you're refering to and if I were to take it up I sure as hell wouldn't choose that daft thing. Nice of you to sing 'in your head' about a true club legend though. Not many of them around is there? Class that.

Must admit Man City have a great team, no doubt about that, and I've always had a lot of time for Pellegrini. To bad with some of the 'fans', seems Man City don't even fill the stadium when it looks like they're going to win the league. Thousands of empty seats. Oh well. Money can't buy you love.

Btw, a little thought; If Liverpool were to win the league on sunday, still possible so I'm still not bereft of belief, I wouldn't spare a thought for any other team in the world. I'd celebrate our club's victory. Nice to know you'll be thinking about us no matter what.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Wed May 07, 2014 11:15 pm

ottopsy wrote:
jeter0204 wrote: Care to explain what wasnt coherent enought for you?????

Not really ever tried this 'singing in your head' you're refering to and if I were to take it up I sure as hell wouldn't choose that daft thing. Nice of you to sing 'in your head' about a true club legend though. Not many of them around is there? Class that.

Must admit Man City have a great team, no doubt about that, and I've always had a lot of time for Pellegrini. To bad with some of the 'fans', seems Man City don't even fill the stadium when it looks like they're going to win the league. Thousands of empty seats. Oh well. Money can't buy you love.

Btw, a little thought; If Liverpool were to win the league on sunday, still possible so I'm still not bereft of belief, I wouldn't spare a thought for any other team in the world. I'd celebrate our club's victory. Nice to know you'll be thinking about us no matter what.
Lets see, Midweek game. There was a police incident which cause many fans to miss kick off and most of the first half, it was pouring down rain and yet we still had a hell of a turnout. City fans are some of the most loyal and passionate fans there are. Win or lose we still follow City. Did we leave when we won the league and then got relegated the following year? Hell no we stood by our team and supported them through thick and thin. Trust me it hasn't been easy being a City fan over the years but I still love and support the team no matter the outcome.

And the Gerrard stuff is all in good fun, he is a class act and a hell of a player...Now Suarez on the other hand, that's a different story. But at the end of the day we share a common hatred, The Rags and isn't it sweet to see them potentially not even make Europa
ImageImageImage
Grtdane06
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 7:46 am

jpfondu wrote:Any Celtic fans?
Here JP :pint: Go BHOYS
Replete wrote:Thanks GD and fittingly that was your 666th post :evil:
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 7:59 am

Don't think I could ever be in an opposing team's crowd. I won VIP tickets to see Man U vs. Bolton (at Old Trafford). Before the game both sets of fans sit and have a meal and see the stars they wheel out (Bryan Robson and Norman Whiteside when I was there).

After the meal, watching the game you are obviously all in the same seating area as well. Bolton scored, and their fans celebrated and one got punched in the face. :hanging:
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 9:57 am

jeter0204 wrote:I don't know how Sunderland did it, but mad props to them for turning their season around and moving up to 14th on the table. Everyone had them heading to Championship
Still can't believe it. Bonkers to think we were 7 points from safety less than a month ago. People keep going on about surviving after being bottom at Christmas - but we were bottom at Easter!
jpfondu
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Grtdane06 wrote:
jpfondu wrote:Any Celtic fans?
Here JP :pint: Go BHOYS
Good man :pint:
Hoping for a good run in Europe next year.