MLB 2020

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
fredo
Art God

Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:27 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:03 pm
Sorry bud...
Yes radios are legal in football.
You would have a point if they weren’t legal and The Houston Texas were cheating by using them.
I get that this isn’t a winning argument for some, but the point is that they accepted the fact that technology rules the sport anymore.

Ie the rules are dumb considering all that.
just a foil for me today, thanks
canuck
Art Freak

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Technology hasn't "damaged the game of baseball."

Scum bag cheaters have.

Strip the title!
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:50 pm

This is just like the steroid scandal from the 80 through the 00s. MLB probably had some idea it was going on but buried their heads in the sand. I'd be surprised if almost every team at some point didn't break the rules for sign stealing since television came into vogue.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Day 7: still don’t care
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Surprised Altuve and Bregman spoke about it on Saturday. Loved Bregman's quote, "MLB completed there investigation and it's time to move on now." Really? It's already time to move on!? They want to move on from this in the worst way possible. What also gets me is no one apologized. Luhnow, Hinch, Altuve, Bregman, or any Astros player has never apologized. Some have apologized to the city and fans for the embarrassment. But none have come forward and actually apologized for cheating. Not sure how "thorough" MLB's investigation in to the buzzers was. May just be their way of trying to move on from this as well. Wish Cole or some of the other former Astros who left via free agency this offseason would come out if indeed they did use buzzers to cheat.
Last edited by Irishman12 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pj101ca
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:02 pm

Bill Belichick is appalled by all of this!!
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
liamc93
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:59 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
Surprised Altuve and Bregman spoke about it on Saturday. Loved Bregman's quote, "MLB completed there investigation and it's time to move on now." Really? It's already time to move on!? They want to move on from this in the worst way possible. What also gets me is no one apologized. Luhnow, Hinch, Altuve, Bregman, or any Astros player has never apologized. Some have apologized to the city and fans for the embarrassment. But none have come forward and actually apologized for cheating. Not sure how "thorough" MLB's investigation in to the buzzers was. May just be their way of trying to move on from this as well. Wish Cole or some of the other former Astros who left via free agency this offseason would come out if indeed they did use buzzers to cheat.
I don't remember Giambi, Clemens, Strawberry etc. ever apologizing for their role in ped's in baseball. Why would you expect anything different from the Astros? And maybe the free agent pitchers aren't saying anything because they've all been using pine tar to increase their spin rates?

The phoney outrage about this is a joke. it's been going on forever.
liamc93
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:12 pm

still waiting for Pineda's apology...

Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:04 pm

liamc93 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:59 pm
Irishman12 wrote:
I don't remember Giambi, Clemens, Strawberry etc. ever apologizing for their role in ped's in baseball. Why would you expect anything different from the Astros? And maybe the free agent pitchers aren't saying anything because they've all been using pine tar to increase their spin rates?

The phoney outrage about this is a joke. it's been going on forever.
And they should have. Any who cheated should have. McGwire and Ryan Braun finally came clean and in McGwire's case, he was let back in to baseball. But Bonds, Clemens? Not sure if they think it'll help their chances with the HOF if they continue to deny or just ego (or both).
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:05 pm

liamc93 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:12 pm
still waiting for Pineda's apology...

You can find him in Minnesota if you still wanna ask him. Although he did serve his suspension. The Astros players are getting off scot-free. Yes the manager and GM were fired, but the players themselves are getting off.
fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:14 pm

Ass-trolls ownership weren't touched at all - in fact they got props for firing the manager/GM.

Until the fat cats are on the block for something significant, up to and including loss of revenue, for these things I'm perfectly fine with players not taking the (outrageous in terms of % of income and longterrm affect on their lives) hits.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:25 pm

fredo wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:14 pm
Ass-trolls ownership weren't touched at all - in fact they got props for firing the manager/GM.

Until the fat cats are on the block for something significant, up to and including loss of revenue, for these things I'm perfectly fine with players not taking the (outrageous in terms of % of income and longterrm affect on their lives) hits.
Word is the reason Manfred didn't hit Crane more is because the commissioner is elected by the owners (and in essence, works for the owners) and may have been afraid to piss one of them off
dodgers77
Art Expert

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:27 pm

“The Los Angeles Dodgers have agreed to a deal with the Boston Red Sox that would send Mookie Betts and starter David Price to the Dodgers, sources familiar with the deal tell Jeff Passan. Deal is pending medical reviews.”

Sweet :!: :o
jamel-d
Art Expert

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:14 pm

Alex Verdugo one of the pieces traded to Boston.
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
dodgers77
Art Expert

Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:02 am

jamel-d wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:14 pm
Alex Verdugo one of the pieces traded to Boston.
Joc Peterson traded to Angels and Kenta Maeda was traded to the twins.