NFL 2019/2020 ... and beyond ....

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
toobs
Art Expert

Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:04 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:24 pm
I don’t know how they play that game now.
It’s not like MLB or NBA.

The NFL is so STUCK.
yea its crazy to think how much money is on the line because of the out come of this one single game, between sports books, daily fantasy online and private fantasy leagues its gotta be in the billions world wide
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:55 am

The game affect seeding. If Buffalo does not play, KC gets the bye and the 1 seed. Buffalo is the 2 seed and plays New England or Miami (Steelers ain't sneaking in). If Buffalo lost that game they drop to the 3 seed and play the Ravens.

If KC loses in the last week and the Bengals won against the Bills and win their final game, they are the 1 seed based on a head to head win v KC.

I don't see how they can NOT play that game. Maybe they are waiting to see how week 18 plays out. If the Bills lose and KC wins, KC is the 1 seed.

Edit: and the reason the 1 seed is so important is that the road is much easier. If the Bengals won, they would host the Bills in a rematch. If they lost they have to go to KC in the divisional round.
Last edited by jjttdw on Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:00 am

toobs wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:04 pm
turnJBup wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:24 pm
I don’t know how they play that game now.
It’s not like MLB or NBA.

The NFL is so STUCK.
yea its crazy to think how much money is on the line because of the out come of this one single game, between sports books, daily fantasy online and private fantasy leagues its gotta be in the billions world wide
I was thinking about this as well. Even just at the stadium level, the beer and food revenues alone.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:42 am

jjttdw wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:55 am
The game affect seeding. If Buffalo does not play, KC gets the bye and the 1 seed. Buffalo is the 2 seed and plays New England or Miami (Steelers ain't sneaking in). If Buffalo lost that game they drop to the 3 seed and play the Ravens.

If KC loses in the last week and the Bengals won against the Bills and win their final game, they are the 1 seed based on a head to head win v KC.

I don't see how they can NOT play that game. Maybe they are waiting to see how week 18 plays out. If the Bills lose and KC wins, KC is the 1 seed.

Edit: and the reason the 1 seed is so important is that the road is much easier. If the Bengals won, they would host the Bills in a rematch. If they lost they have to go to KC in the divisional round.
I'm obviously pulling for the Chiefs. I'm fine if they call the Bills/Bengals game a tie.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:51 am

I don't think there is a reason to call the game a tie rather than just canceling it. Tie / Cancel both results in 1-KC, 2-Buffalo, 3-Cincy.

This assumes all take care of business this weekend.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:05 pm

I think they have to call it a tie and leave the chips where they land.
I don’t think they can simply “ fit “ an NFL game in.
Teams need time to rest up, I don’t think they have any.
But there’s no way those players could have continued on Monday Night.
Their focus was completely gone.
Everyone on that field was somewhere else.
I’ve never seen anything like it.
I was watching that Daryl Stingley game as a kid where he was paralyzed on the field… this was way worse as far as I remember.
Everyone was so spun.
It was creepy. That game was over in an instant.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:11 pm

I think they will play the games as scheduled this weekend and see what the situation is. Play the bills bengals thursday (with huge hype and marketing) Then push all playoff games back a week and eliminate the week off between championships and superbowl
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:31 pm

stuckeyc wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:11 pm
I think they will play the games as scheduled this weekend and see what the situation is. Play the bills bengals thursday (with huge hype and marketing) Then push all playoff games back a week and eliminate the week off between championships and superbowl
That sounds doable.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:21 pm

^In the end, money always wins.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:02 pm

I would be surprised if they eliminate the media bonanza leading up to the super bowl for a single game.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:29 pm

It wouldn't be the first time there wasn't a week off. Plus I might argue the hype of the bills bengals with Hamlin flipping the coin would give the NFL the warm fuzzies it's gonna need to get all the crazies that want to make the game some glorified flag football contest that can be played before pilates class and a round of mojitos
fredo
Art God

Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:56 pm

We also want participation and perfect attendance trophies
just a foil for me today, thanks
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:42 am

Bills-Bengals canceled. Bengals get screwed. The neutral site trash should have carried through to a bills and bengals division round match up if Cin wins this weekend. If KC loses this weekend then all games between KC, Buffalo and Cincy should have been neutral site should Cin win.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:05 am

I think the Bengals are probably at least somewhat ok with the outcome considering their VP is on the competition committee that proposed this solution. It still needs to be approved by the owners. If neutral site games are in Indy it's only 2 hours from Cincy so that would lessen the sting a little.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:32 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:05 am
I think the Bengals are probably at least somewhat ok with the outcome considering their VP is on the competition committee that proposed this solution. It still needs to be approved by the owners. If neutral site games are in Indy it's only 2 hours from Cincy so that would lessen the sting a little.
The Bengals VP on the competition committee urged people to vote against the proposal. And the Bengals are not part of the neutral site game scheme. They were given nothing. If the Bengal won in week 17 OR beat the Ravens this weekend they win the division. Now, if they lose, they have to flip a coin for home field if the Ravens and Bolts win. Nothing to gain and something to lose.

If all three top teams win this weekend, Cin v Buff and Buff v KC should be neutral site games and KC would have home field v Cin since they would have had a better record regardless of the Week 17 outcome..

If the Bills and Bengals win and KC loses, all games between the 3 should be neutral site since Cin could have finished 1st or 3rd depending on the result of the canceled game.

The only scenario that benefits the Bengals is if they lose to the Ravens and the Bolts lose to the Rams. They still get a home game against the Bolts. If the Bengals lost week 17 and 18 they would have fallen to a round 1 road team. In this scenario the Ravens would have gotten screwed.

There are only so many permutations based on week 18 results. The NFL clearly did not game them all out. In short, if home field can be decided by the result of the week 17 Bengals-Bills game, it should be played at a neutral site.