NBA 2018-19

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:31 pm

afrosteeziac wrote: On another note, if AD's agent starts to tell teams that Dvis has no intention what so ever of resigning do you really think there will be offers better than LA? Who would give up the house for a 1 year disgruntled rental?
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:03 am

Fair Point, but I would not consider DeRozan for Kawhi and Green as Giving Up The House.
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:57 am

Sure, but people are still going to be willing to give up some pretty good assets if they think they can convince AD to stay wherever.

At any rate, I don't expect anything by the trade deadline, even stupid gut-the-entire-team type trade offers will still be there come the summer.
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:35 pm

:shock:
New York has agreed with Dallas on trade that includes Kristaps Porzingis, Courtney Lee, Tim Hardaway Jr., for Wesley Matthews, Dennis Smith Jr. and DeAndre Jordan, league sources tell ESPN. Players and agents are being notified of particulars. Deal may include more draft assets.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:54 pm

jkw3000 wrote::shock:
New York has agreed with Dallas on trade that includes Kristaps Porzingis, Courtney Lee, Tim Hardaway Jr., for Wesley Matthews, Dennis Smith Jr. and DeAndre Jordan, league sources tell ESPN. Players and agents are being notified of particulars. Deal may include more draft assets.
Just now reading this on ESPN. Can't believe it! :shock:
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:13 pm

2 max free agents slots for NYK as a result. Which...I know NYC and MSG are big, but at the same time, feels like ownership has been really unattractive for big free agents. Dolan used to give out copies of his band's CDs to free agents ffs...
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:39 pm

jkw3000 wrote:2 max free agents slots for NYK as a result. Which...I know NYC and MSG are big, but at the same time, feels like ownership has been really unattractive for big free agents. Dolan used to give out copies of his band's CDs to free agents ffs...
As much as I would love to see Durant or Irving land in New York, I don't see it happening. Not unless they get Zion or RJ Barrett in the draft. They're the worse team in the league with a 10-40 record. I don't see free agents, especially those listed, going from contenders to the bottom.
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:45 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:2 max free agents slots for NYK as a result. Which...I know NYC and MSG are big, but at the same time, feels like ownership has been really unattractive for big free agents. Dolan used to give out copies of his band's CDs to free agents ffs...
As much as I would love to see Durant or Irving land in New York, I don't see it happening. Not unless they get Zion or RJ Barrett in the draft. They're the worse team in the league with a 10-40 record. I don't see free agents, especially those listed, going from contenders to the bottom.
And especially when there are contenders out there already that have the space.

It just generally annoys me when the Knicks keep shooting themselves in the foot while thinking they can land ass-backwards into a superstar at any time, because NYC. At least the Lakers tried to build something attractive with two #2 picks.

Anyway, if KD signs there just to build his brand then lulz to him.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:18 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:
And especially when there are contenders out there already that have the space.

It just generally annoys me when the Knicks keep shooting themselves in the foot while thinking they can land ass-backwards into a superstar at any time, because NYC. At least the Lakers tried to build something attractive with two #2 picks.

Anyway, if KD signs there just to build his brand then lulz to him.
I agree. Like I said, they've got Knox and now Dennis Smith Jr. If they can get lucky and get a Zion or RJ Barrett, maybe with that young team, that could entice someone to sign there. But they know it's a rebuild and they've got some good pieces but they're still years away from seriously contending.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:46 am

Well now.... I sure wish we made that trade before last night’s game but holy fudge. This should be a hell of a playoff :shock:

Fingers crossed that we can keep Jimmy and Harris long term.
ImageImageImageImageImage
RadRacing
Art Expert

Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:45 pm

Seems like every top tier player playing on a losing team is 'demanding' to be traded? No wonder there are only ever a handful of contenders anymore. Bunch of cry babies.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:40 pm

RadRacing wrote:Bunch of cry babies.
^This! Don't hold your breath on Davis getting traded before tomorrow. The NBA doesn't want to set the precedent of having a player a year and a half from free agency begin to dictate to teams when he wants to be traded. Off season, fine, because he'll only have 1 more year to go. But a year and a half is almost unheard of.
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:54 pm

I mean, it'd also all be fine if it was legitimate trade deadline drama as opposed to Lakers-or-bust. But I have thoroughly enjoyed how many "LA-bound" stars ended up succeeding elsewhere (Paul George, Kawhi Leonard) so maybe I'm biased. :lol:
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Marc Gasol to Toronto. Lotta all-in moves for the East's top teams...
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:05 pm

Crappy teams trade too. Bull took Otto Porter's 27M+ per year contract for Jabari Parker's 20M expiring contract with a team option for next year. I think the bulls are trying to pull a 76ers. Whoever gave Porter a 4 year 106M contract should never be allowed into any NBA front office.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart