NBA 2018-19

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:30 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:I gotta say, I'm impressed with the season the Pacers have had up until this point. 2 years removed from trading Paul George, they're the third best team in the East and only 2 1/2 games behind Milwaukee and Toronto for the top spot. I did not expect this quick of a turnaround from them. Sucks about Oladipo though. That's gonna kill them.
Yeah that sucks about Oladipo, I like him. That being said.... it's good for the Sixers.

I’d rather play the pacers with VO. I like watching him play and he seems like a decent dude too. Hope he has a quick recovery.

Pretty happy about how well Philly has played with Jimmy out. Everyone contributed in a big way against SA especially. #tjisthetruth
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:30 pm

I'm really liking how this Thunder team plays. Grant and Ferguson have improved greatly. Noel looks to be fitting in. Adams continues to be consistent. PG gets my vote for MVP, and Russ's game is evolving.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:41 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:I gotta say, I'm impressed with the season the Pacers have had up until this point. 2 years removed from trading Paul George, they're the third best team in the East and only 2 1/2 games behind Milwaukee and Toronto for the top spot. I did not expect this quick of a turnaround from them. Sucks about Oladipo though. That's gonna kill them.
Yeah that sucks about Oladipo, I like him. That being said.... it's good for the Sixers.
I’d rather play the pacers with VO. I like watching him play and he seems like a decent dude too. Hope he has a quick recovery.
Pretty happy about how well Philly has played with Jimmy out. Everyone contributed in a big way against SA especially. #tjisthetruth

Yeah, we really need to add some depth though. If anything happens to one of our big guns we aren't doing anything against the other top teams. I love TJ for what he is... he's carved out a nice little career for himself.
ImageImageImageImageImage
dodgers77
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:12 am

Anthony Davis has asked the New Orleans Pelicans to trade him “to a team that allows him a chance to win consistently and compete for a championship,” his agent, Rich Paul, told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski in a report this morning. Fingers crossed Lakers make a move to try and acquire him.
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:48 am

I mean the announcement is clearly geared towards trying to get a Lakers deal done (since Boston can't til July due to the Rose Rule)...but it's been pointed out before, if you're NO, there's no incentive to get a deal done with the Lakers in their current state. A LeBron-less Lakers has been sorta showcasing how much a team with Ball, Ingram, Hart, and Kuzma hasn't exactly been moving the needle. See what high draft picks they can wrangle.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:08 pm

Yeah, I think him going anywhere else would be downright shocking. The writing has been on the wall all year.
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:31 pm

Funny, I'd be shocked if he went to the Lakers as opposed to any other team. But only because we've already seen PG13 to the Thunder, Kawhi to the Raptors, and Butler to the Sixers - all teams that weren't the first rumored destination in each situation.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:30 pm

A shift in the NBA landscape when he gets moved. I'd rather see him in LA than Boston.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:14 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Funny, I'd be shocked if he went to the Lakers as opposed to any other team. But only because we've already seen PG13 to the Thunder, Kawhi to the Raptors, and Butler to the Sixers - all teams that weren't the first rumored destination in each situation.
When he hired Bron Bron's agent I figured it was only a matter of time. Plus, Boston would have to move Kyrie which I don't see happening.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:17 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Funny, I'd be shocked if he went to the Lakers as opposed to any other team. But only because we've already seen PG13 to the Thunder, Kawhi to the Raptors, and Butler to the Sixers - all teams that weren't the first rumored destination in each situation.
When he hired Bron Bron's agent I figured it was only a matter of time. Plus, Boston would have to move Kyrie which I don't see happening.
Isn't Kyrie a free agent after this season? I know Boston can't trade for Davis until July but they could (hope) to get him and allow Kyrie to walk. I've heard he might entertain the Knicks but I'll believe that when I see it.
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:23 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
Eh, it'll depend if the C's underperforming this season makes him change course. I don't see it happening either but I also didn't see him calling LeBron to apologize for how he acted in Cleveland. He's a free agent either way, just a matter of whether he resigns with Boston.

Honestly, I know my bias, but it really is to NO's advantage to not be rushed on this. It's one thing if AD was on an expiring contract, but his deal isn't up until 2020. They have him for the summer, when not only could they take whatever Boston has to offer, but they could leverage that to get more from other teams. As much as Bron's agent may have sway on AD, he's not going to be able to get the Pelicans to take a worse offer just to get him to go to LA. Kawhi's people tried to leverage a specific trade destination too and look where he ended up - doesn't matter if he seems hellbent on LA if another team thinks they can change their mind with winning (worked on PG13).

Really, the release of this info just means that AD's people are signaling to the Lakers to throw everything but LeBron to the Pelicans to get him there before everybody else can join in, but again, dunno what the Lakers have to offer that'd excite NO.

Also pretty funny that LA's best hope is tanking like crazy and getting the number 1 pick...even though that'd hurt the value of all the other tradable players on that team.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Ahhhh I forgot he has another year. Yeah, at the end of the day NO knows he is gone but might as well see what the best offer will be. No need to rush.

I just hope he doesn't end up in Boston. With Horford retiring I am looking forward to not having to deal with another hammer down low, lol.
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:38 pm

I mean I'd love to see AD on the C's, but he'd probably be better off propping up another close-but-not-there-right-now franchise. At the very least, I just don't want to see his game regress if he starts playing with LeBron - as individually amazing as James is, he is also terrible at letting other superstars flourish unless they can lord over him a little (aka Wade having one more ring when they were in Miami).
pencilfightchamp
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:21 pm

afrosteeziac wrote:I'm really liking how this Thunder team plays. Grant and Ferguson have improved greatly. Noel looks to be fitting in. Adams continues to be consistent. PG gets my vote for MVP, and Russ's game is evolving.
If Russ can get some consistency back with his midrange jumpshot, they would be even more dangerous. And if Roberson ever comes back, the defensive front the can trot out there will be even more stifling. Ferguson's defense has been great, but if you're playing a Houston in a playoff series, I'd rather have a healthy Roberson on Harden to close out a game.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:04 pm

pencilfightchamp wrote:
afrosteeziac wrote:I'm really liking how this Thunder team plays. Grant and Ferguson have improved greatly. Noel looks to be fitting in. Adams continues to be consistent. PG gets my vote for MVP, and Russ's game is evolving.
If Russ can get some consistency back with his midrange jumpshot, they would be even more dangerous. And if Roberson ever comes back, the defensive front the can trot out there will be even more stifling. Ferguson's defense has been great, but if you're playing a Houston in a playoff series, I'd rather have a healthy Roberson on Harden to close out a game.
I thought this as well, but depending on the score and the opponent Ferguson's ability to hit the three may win out.

On another note, if AD's agent starts to tell teams that Dvis has no intention what so ever of resigning do you really think there will be offers better than LA? Who would give up the house for a 1 year disgruntled rental?