Hockey thread

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
schmoff
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:48 am

anyone got a link to a site to order cheap jerseys?
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:24 pm

CoKane is a hell of a drug:

San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in the Northern District of California, according to multiple reports.

The 29-year-old lists assets of about $10 million, mostly in real estate, and liabilities of almost $27 million.

As part of the filing, Kane says that he might not even play this season, eliminating his income.

"Debtor may terminate his contract and he may opt out of the season, as allowed under current rules, because of health concerns given the recent birth of his first child," his bankruptcy petition said. "Should he terminate his contract or opt out at a point in the season, Debtor will not receive his salary."

The deadline to opt out was Dec. 24, and Kane has been with the Sharks in training camp. Their season starts Thursday at Arizona.

According to the petition, Kane claims $1.5 million in gambling losses in the past 12 months and says he has seven dependents living with him.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:20 am

Happy Hockey Day!
Go ahead, make my millennium.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:07 am

bubbie wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:24 pm
CoKane is a hell of a drug:

San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in the Northern District of California, according to multiple reports.

The 29-year-old lists assets of about $10 million, mostly in real estate, and liabilities of almost $27 million.

As part of the filing, Kane says that he might not even play this season, eliminating his income.

"Debtor may terminate his contract and he may opt out of the season, as allowed under current rules, because of health concerns given the recent birth of his first child," his bankruptcy petition said. "Should he terminate his contract or opt out at a point in the season, Debtor will not receive his salary."

The deadline to opt out was Dec. 24, and Kane has been with the Sharks in training camp. Their season starts Thursday at Arizona.

According to the petition, Kane claims $1.5 million in gambling losses in the past 12 months and says he has seven dependents living with him.
Luls. Just read his wiki page. Duke sounds like a real piece of work.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
schmoff
Art Expert

Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:41 am

I asked this a while back but no one answered, I know someone posted about it in the past
i need to get my kids some cheap knockoff jerseys
anyone got a link?
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri May 14, 2021 4:42 pm

OK, WTF is up with Canada?

NHL wants coronavirus-related Canada border answer for Stanley Cup playoffs by June 1

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/314 ... ffs-june-1

To summarize the article, Canada has quarantine rules that would make NHL playoffs not feasible. NHL needs to know if they will be waived.

I get the whole quarantine rules if the US is rife with COVID and Canada is clean but that is not the case. 7 day average number of new COVID cases per 100K people is 11 in the US and almost 18 in Canada. Its like a whorehouse banning Johns out of concern for venereal disease when everyone inside the house has syphilis. Yes Canada, you are the disease ridden whorehouse in this. Bubbie, you need to ride your moose into town and send a telegram to the PM to get it straightened out. Its been 27 since the cup went to Canada...less I guess if you include the times when American teams clinched on Canadian soil. Whoronto actually has a chance this year.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri May 14, 2021 7:22 pm

i wanna go see playoff hockey but my isles are only at 50% capacity and all playoff tix are going to season ticket holders UGH i will be watching at home :(
i have not missed an playoff game in person on over 20 years
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat May 15, 2021 9:14 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:42 pm
OK, WTF is up with Canada?

NHL wants coronavirus-related Canada border answer for Stanley Cup playoffs by June 1

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/314 ... ffs-june-1

To summarize the article, Canada has quarantine rules that would make NHL playoffs not feasible. NHL needs to know if they will be waived.

I get the whole quarantine rules if the US is rife with COVID and Canada is clean but that is not the case. 7 day average number of new COVID cases per 100K people is 11 in the US and almost 18 in Canada. Its like a whorehouse banning Johns out of concern for venereal disease when everyone inside the house has syphilis. Yes Canada, you are the disease ridden whorehouse in this. Bubbie, you need to ride your moose into town and send a telegram to the PM to get it straightened out. Its been 27 since the cup went to Canada...less I guess if you include the times when American teams clinched on Canadian soil. Whoronto actually has a chance this year.
Lol. Trudeau has been in way over his head since about February 2020. Not sure how they will solve this pickle. I have a lot of reservations with our government handling everything the past 14-15 months. To the point that they likely won’t be my vote next time around (don’t tell my wife, she thinks they did “their best”, which I actually think is the problem, lol).

We are hitting about 560 case per 100K here in Alberta, which is about double of the second worst in North America currently, I believe. Provincially, Kenny didn’t get my vote last time and surely won’t get it next.

P. S. Usually when Toronto has a chance, they loose in the first round.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Sun May 16, 2021 1:27 pm

With the new playoff structure a Canadian team is guaranteed to reach to semis
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun May 16, 2021 4:36 pm

What I meant was they suck. Always did in my time (and a while prior). They went beyond round two like what, 4-5 times in the past 60 years? Meh. Never lost betting against them with my friend who is “this-is-the-year” diehard fan. Doubt this year would be any different.

Edit: lol. My math is way off today. Make it post the last Cup instead of 60 years. Likely, the statement with 60 years will still be true in a few years though.
guryter
Art Expert

Mon May 17, 2021 9:04 am

Some good playoff games already, back n forth or shutouts through 3......enjoying this.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
natepachl
Art Expert

Mon May 17, 2021 9:32 am

I have a good feeling the Mild are going to pull it off this year!
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake
guryter
Art Expert

Tue May 18, 2021 12:19 pm

Damn this was exciting. If you don't like this, you won't ever like hockey:

A fight in the 1st as well:
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:55 am

bubbie wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 9:14 pm
P. S. Usually when Toronto has a chance, they loose in the first round.
And after leading 3-1 to boot! Never bet on Toronto, jj. Good for the Habs. Will cheer for them after they eliminate the Jets.
tranito
Art Expert

Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:38 pm

Curious to hear what some of you guys think or thought about the Scheifele hit on Evans. :shock:
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.