MLB 2018

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:21 am

Whew doggie that was a playoff game. Loved it! No dog in the fight though.
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:36 am

Didi could DH but that's going to take AB's away from Stanton. I wonder if the team is going to pick up Gardner's option or let him walk? Personally, I'd love to see Clint Frasier get a chance if he can get healthy. He was plagued by concussion and concussion like symptoms all last year unfortunately. I also wonder if Justus Sheffield is going to grab a roster spot next year? He didn't play much once called up.

Nice win for the Brewers! That's who I'm rooting for now.
glenn1
Art Expert

Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:58 am

The last few innings of that Brewers game took years off of my life.
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:38 pm

The Brewers beat themselves. They are better than the Dodgers. I still favor them. Yelich needs to start hitting - and he will.

This Astros v. Red Sox game is great. No margin for error. Glad I don't have a dog in the fight. :)
Last edited by downforcemedia on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
fredo
Art God

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:38 pm

Verlander = dealing
just a foil for me today, thanks
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Only the one bad inning. Otherwise he was in complete control.
fredo
Art God

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:04 am

2 runs is not a bad inning. ...unless you're a reliever. Yikes.

edit: meant to say "too too bad an inning" i.e. wasn't meant to be combative.
Last edited by fredo on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
just a foil for me today, thanks
pewter14
EB Team

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:24 am

It honestly feels like the Astros should have beaten the Red Sox by 400 runs tonight.

If the Sox win this series, I'll be stunned.

Happy to be the 108 win underdog.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:26 pm

fredo wrote:2 runs is not a bad inning. ...unless you're a reliever. Yikes.

edit: meant to say "too too bad an inning" i.e. wasn't meant to be combative.
Not taken that way at all brother!

I was referring more to his lack of control and the three free passes. Not like Verlander.
desch
Art Expert

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:28 pm

pewter14 wrote:It honestly feels like the Astros should have beaten the Red Sox by 400 runs tonight.

If the Sox win this series, I'll be stunned.

Happy to be the 108 win underdog.
Right? That bullpen is atrocious and Sale not throwing strikes is a recipe for failure. And now Price against Cole ...the Astros may win by 400 tonight. Maybe Porcello and Eovaldi will have more success in Houston... :lol:

Well I’d rather lose to Houston than New York.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
turnJBup
Art Expert

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:06 pm

downforcemedia wrote:The Brewers beat themselves. They are better than the Dodgers. I still favor them. Yelich needs to start hitting - and he will.

This Astros v. Red Sox game is great. No margin for error. Glad I don't have a dog in the fight. :)

Sorry man, The Brewers are no where close to LA.
LA has the deepest team in the playoffs.
And Council is going lose them a couple of games on his own.
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:46 pm

turnJBup wrote:
downforcemedia wrote:The Brewers beat themselves. They are better than the Dodgers. I still favor them. Yelich needs to start hitting - and he will.

I respectfully disagree.

The Brewers stack up very well against the Dodgers and ended the season hot. The Dodgers limped into the playoffs. The Brewers disposed of Clayton Kershaw (which is no real surprise given his playoff record), and they will if he pitches again.

If the Dodgers so far outmatched the Brewers, the first two games would have come out much differently. And Yelich hasn't hit a lick.

I think most would agree that the Astros are the deepest team in the playoffs. The Dodgers found that out last year. The Astros won 103 games this season while their top three hitters (Springer, Altuve and Correa) spent major stints on the DL.

Counsell is a first year manager and may make some mistakes. But no more than Dave Roberts did last year in the playoffs.

We shall see. ;)
glenn1
Art Expert

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm

It’s actually Counsell’s fourth season (first playoff appearance). He has had some hiccups, but I really like him as a manager. He’s creative and good at getting guys to sacrifice and play for each other.
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:53 pm

glenn1 wrote:It’s actually Counsell’s fourth season (first playoff appearance). He has had some hiccups, but I really like him as a manager. He’s creative and good at getting guys to sacrifice and play for each other.
Correct. Good catch. I meant first year managing in the playoffs. Should have been more specific.
desch
Art Expert

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:18 pm

downforcemedia wrote:
turnJBup wrote:

I respectfully disagree.

The Brewers stack up very well against the Dodgers and ended the season hot. The Dodgers limped into the playoffs. The Brewers disposed of Clayton Kershaw (which is no real surprise given his playoff record), and they will if he pitches again.

If the Dodgers so far outmatched the Brewers, the first two games would have come out much differently. And Yelich hasn't hit a lick.

I think most would agree that the Astros are the deepest team in the playoffs. The Dodgers found that out last year. The Astros won 103 games this season while their top three hitters (Springer, Altuve and Correa) spent major stints on the DL.

Counsell is a first year manager and may make some mistakes. But no more than Dave Roberts did last year in the playoffs.

We shall see. ;)
Spot on, and you didn't even mention the overall starting pitching disparity. I'd take Verlander, Keuchel, Morton and Cole (even with his bad performance yesterday) over the Dodgers 4 starters this year. And as you said, Kershaw got outdueled by the Brewers' bullpen for crying out loud. I also think the Red Sox would match up pretty well against the Dodger's. Maybe not obviously better, but at least equals.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller