Hockey thread

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.
KipPotapych
Art Expert

Mon May 01, 2023 10:32 pm

Looks like Rangers are also going out in about 5 minutes. Crazy.
KipPotapych
Art Expert

Tue May 02, 2023 2:34 am

MaxCollinsII wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:42 pm
:hockey: Looks like Stanley is going to Canada this year? :ziggi:
I doubt., but who knows. The way things played out so far…

The Leafs have little chance, in my opinion. I watched 4 and a half games of the series and Tampa was a better team in all of those, but one. I think it was game two (?) where Leafs showed some speed that Tampa didn’t seem to be able to keep up with for a good part of the game. They came back much faster the next game though and dominated. Imo, Vassilevskiy (spelling?) singlehandedly lost the series. I mean the guy sucked, especially when it mattered most. He had what? One good game, maybe two (counting the last one, aside from the series losing goal)? I was actually sure he would pick it up and Samsonov would melt. Samsonov was less than impressive himself. My guess is Florida will take them out, but they are having goaltending issues themselves. Who knows.

Oilers can score, but their defense sucks balls more often than not. Same goes for goaltending. They do have the front line that can sometimes compensate, but once they run into a hot goalie with some solid defense… Kings were far from exceptional in both departments. Again, who knows. I don’t think they can pull it off.

If it was between the two, I’d bet on Oilers. I don’t think either is the team to advance to the finals though.
KipPotapych
Art Expert

Mon May 15, 2023 3:13 am

Well, Canadians (as in teams) are out, as expected.

Seattle and Dallas is interesting. I think it’ll be Seattle that moves on. Again, who knows though. A little crazy post season.

Canes and Vegas in the final and Canes lifting the Cup?
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 15, 2023 10:08 am

MaxCollinsII wrote:
Well this did not age well. Leafs CHOKED again and WhyTF did the Oilers sign Jack Campbell, he is a bum. Would love to Seattle win now
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 15, 2023 10:58 am

KipPotapych wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 3:13 am
Canes and Vegas in the final and Canes lifting the Cup?
Panthers.

P.S. Its pretty funny that almost all the best hockey teams are in the South.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
KipPotapych
Art Expert

Tue May 16, 2023 2:17 am

MaxCollinsII wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:08 am
MaxCollinsII wrote:
Well this did not age well. Leafs CHOKED again and WhyTF did the Oilers sign Jack Campbell, he is a bum. Would love to Seattle win now
Hope you are not betting on hockey, lol.
Codeblue wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:58 am
KipPotapych wrote: Canes and Vegas in the final and Canes lifting the Cup?
Panthers.

P.S. Its pretty funny that almost all the best hockey teams are in the South.
Panthers could be. I took a minute before submitting my previous post, lol. For Panthers to win, Bobrovsky (spelling?) must be on the top of his game, consistently. That is far from a given, at the very least the consistency part. He’s done amazeballs against da Leafs, but was quite meh against Boston (if it wasn’t for Boston’s own goaltending melt, Panthers wouldn’t be here either). Not to discredit Panthers, they have talent. Canes appear to have more depth, consistent D and G, so I think it’ll be tough to beat them (for anyone remaining).

I think it’ll be Vegas in the west that will advance. Again, who knows though. Crazy playoffs. Half of the teams played with goaltending that didn’t exist. Florida managed to outscore Boston with Bob in the net, lol. Things should settle down a bit now though, I think. Watched the Seattle - Dallas game today for the first time (the last two periods) and it was ok until Dallas sped up. Seattle looked tired and slow. They did make me think they might be able to score another one with 17 seconds remaining, lol.

Overall, it is nice to see a 7-5 or whatever game once in a while, but when every other game is like that, fudge gets old quite quickly, imo. Hopefully, nice and tight hockey is still to come. Can’t say I care who wins, really. I guess Florida or Vegas as the first timers would be nice. Then again, who cares, lol.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 16, 2023 10:07 am

No, I am not a gambler, but it would have been cool to see Seattle and Vegas in the finals although I feel Florida deserves it (so far)
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
guryter
Art Expert

Tue May 16, 2023 12:21 pm

Out of the remaining teams I'd say.......I guess......go stars? F the panthers/canes. Really was pulling for mcdavid but any western team will do.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
KipPotapych
Art Expert

Tue May 23, 2023 5:22 am

Looks like Bob is currently the name of the game. That guy…
KipPotapych
Art Expert

Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:35 am

I guess I was only right about Bobrovsky’s eventual melt, lol. And Vegas getting to through to the finals. I call it close enough.

Congrats to Vegas fans (is there such a thing?).
guryter
Art Expert

Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:03 am

Glad to see Vegas over Florida. Need to catch up on the last 3 games though. Def looked like a nice cup series.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.