The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
soupysound
EB Trainee
Posts: 3713
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:54 pm

my guess is the default process is to keep the fee... my assumption is that if you make the effort by contacting customer service and explaining the ebay sale & refund request, then they will refund the fee... but that is just pure speculation. probably just making it more of a pain in the ass to get it processed.

and the PP fee for 6K is around $180 (not $600).
Image
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52720
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:04 pm

Then Wtf is a void?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert
Posts: 2497
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:08 pm

So... buyer received the print, said packaging was perfect, left positive feedback that said everything was perfect, now I get a message saying there is a mark or smudge on the print and they want to return it. What should I do, or what do I need to do about this? Any ideas? They left positive feedback and I do not want a damaged print back, it wasn't damaged when I sent it...
Buckhammer
Art Expert
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 pm
Location: Tejas

Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:22 pm

HenryGaleWasHere wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:08 pm
So... buyer received the print, said packaging was perfect, left positive feedback that said everything was perfect, now I get a message saying there is a mark or smudge on the print and they want to return it. What should I do, or what do I need to do about this? Any ideas? They left positive feedback and I do not want a damaged print back, it wasn't damaged when I sent it...
Respond with what you just said, It wasnt damaged when I shipped it and you left positive feedback saying it was perfect... how long between the feedback and the first request for a refund was it?
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
User avatar
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert
Posts: 2497
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:14 pm

Buckhammer wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:22 pm
HenryGaleWasHere wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:08 pm
So... buyer received the print, said packaging was perfect, left positive feedback that said everything was perfect, now I get a message saying there is a mark or smudge on the print and they want to return it. What should I do, or what do I need to do about this? Any ideas? They left positive feedback and I do not want a damaged print back, it wasn't damaged when I sent it...
Respond with what you just said, It wasnt damaged when I shipped it and you left positive feedback saying it was perfect... how long between the feedback and the first request for a refund was it?
Yeah, I've been messaging them about it, telling them all of that. Trying to figure out how it got any marks on it, as it was fine when I shipped it. Maybe they just changed their mind so they're looking for a way out? Feedback left yesterday but messaged me today. I'm guessing Ebay doesn't actually give any shits about seller protection. drymounting annoying :roll: Just wondering if anyone had any similar experiences and what they did about it.
User avatar
parlow
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:47 pm

Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:18 pm

HenryGaleWasHere wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:14 pm
Buckhammer wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:22 pm
HenryGaleWasHere wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:08 pm
So... buyer received the print, said packaging was perfect, left positive feedback that said everything was perfect, now I get a message saying there is a mark or smudge on the print and they want to return it. What should I do, or what do I need to do about this? Any ideas? They left positive feedback and I do not want a damaged print back, it wasn't damaged when I sent it...
Respond with what you just said, It wasnt damaged when I shipped it and you left positive feedback saying it was perfect... how long between the feedback and the first request for a refund was it?
Yeah, I've been messaging them about it, telling them all of that. Trying to figure out how it got any marks on it, as it was fine when I shipped it. Maybe they just changed their mind so they're looking for a way out? Feedback left yesterday but messaged me today. I'm guessing Ebay doesn't actually give any shits about seller protection. drymounting annoying :roll: Just wondering if anyone had any similar experiences and what they did about it.
They just changed their mind. Tell them it was fine when you shipped it, and they can resell it if they wish. Then ignore them.
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8488
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:54 pm

I'd ask them to send a pic of the "damage" then decide if that warrants a small partial refund.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4731
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:51 pm

received ebay promo offer, 500 free listings. with less than 12 hours until it expires :lol:
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6972
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:22 am

cotis wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:51 pm
received ebay promo offer, 500 free listings. with less than 12 hours until it expires :lol:
Its been years since I've paid for a listing.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4731
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:56 pm

I don't list without freebies, but how do you send something that expires in less than 12 hours with so many free listing spots? i've seen them send big offers like that for a whole month. the timed thing blew my mind.
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 11562
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:32 am

zero feedback account shipping to a gas station?

:eh: :eh:
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6972
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:08 am

Grateful69Phish wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:32 am
zero feedback account shipping to a gas station?

:eh: :eh:
Is the buyer name E. Mobil or RD Shell?
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert
Posts: 2497
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:31 am

parlow wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:18 pm
They just changed their mind. Tell them it was fine when you shipped it, and they can resell it if they wish. Then ignore them.
earlgreytoast wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:54 pm
I'd ask them to send a pic of the "damage" then decide if that warrants a small partial refund.
They sent some pics, there is some sort of mark on the print, almost looks like water damage or something. Definitely wasn't there went I sent it. Buyer only wanted a complete refund and since sellers have basically no protection on ebay, it is now on its way back to me. Will be disputing the refund part with ebay since I sent a print with no issues and will be receiving a damaged print back. We'll see how that goes. Dude better hope he never sells anything as there is a high probability of it also getting damaged and returned. :evil:
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6972
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:36 am

HenryGaleWasHere wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:31 am
Dude better hope he never sells anything as there is a high probability of it also getting damaged and returned. :evil:
Enlist help of EB for that one.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert
Posts: 2497
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:37 am

jjttdw wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:36 am
HenryGaleWasHere wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:31 am
Dude better hope he never sells anything as there is a high probability of it also getting damaged and returned. :evil:
Enlist help of EB for that one.
Good call
Post Reply