The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:54 am

cmatthews11 wrote:It was packed pretty standard. Kraft the length of the tube, tissue paper, and i wrap two strips of bubble wrap around each print to keep it off the sides of the tube and prevent it from rolling around. I dog ear all of the tape so they're easy to remove.
I pack similar to this ish. Kraft slightly shorter than the tube. Strips over the ends and bubble wrap spacers. I number and put arrows on all the bits of tape too so hopefully they do it in order and don't rooster it up.
My up to date trades and ISOs.
soupysound
EB Trainee

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:48 am

how do you set auto-reject offer prices on BIN or BEST OFFER listings?

i want to set a minimum acceptable offer price, but don't see it anywhere.

can you only do it for new listings? are you able to revise current BIN OBO listings?
soam24
Art Freak

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:26 pm

soupysound wrote:how do you set auto-reject offer prices on BIN or BEST OFFER listings?

i want to set a minimum acceptable offer price, but don't see it anywhere.

can you only do it for new listings? are you able to revise current BIN OBO listings?

soupysound
EB Trainee

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:38 pm

why don't i see that option?

on existing listings, the checkbox is grayed out (but it is checked).

on new listings, i can check the box "Allow buyers to send you their Best Offers for your consideration", but it doesn't bring up the options that soam24 posted.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:49 pm

Is there an "add more options" feature anywhere around? That might help.
Same fudge, different drop.
soupysound
EB Trainee

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:56 pm

gonzo303 wrote:Is there an "add more options" feature anywhere around? That might help.
ah. i found it. i was in the default "quick listing" ebay tool. there is a button at the top "Switch to advanced tool" which has all the bells & whistles.
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Codeblue wrote:Do ya'll use masking tape/some other easily removable tape? If not, serves ya right. Can't imagine how many Obey returns happen because of the chitty tape they use.
When the incident I linked to occurred I was using tabbed packing tape. I've since switched to blue painters tape.
davemfan
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:20 pm

jjbehren wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Do ya'll use masking tape/some other easily removable tape? If not, serves ya right. Can't imagine how many Obey returns happen because of the chitty tape they use.
When the incident I linked to occurred I was using tabbed packing tape. I've since switched to blue painters tape.
I personally don't like the painters tape. Any print i've ever gotten using that kind of tape comes undone during shipping, therefore they might as well not even used it. Packing tape that's dogeared is best IMO.
ImageImageImage
soam24
Art Freak

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:21 pm

soupysound wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:Is there an "add more options" feature anywhere around? That might help.
ah. i found it. i was in the default "quick listing" ebay tool. there is a button at the top "Switch to advanced tool" which has all the bells & whistles.

look at you getting all advanced with the rest of us :D
summoner
Art Freak

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:23 pm

davemfan wrote:
jjbehren wrote:
I personally don't like the painters tape. Any print i've ever gotten using that kind of tape comes undone during shipping, therefore they might as well not even used it. Packing tape that's dogeared is best IMO.
I wrap painters tape around the entire roll in the middle overlapping at least 3"s, then make a pull tab. Have never had a print unroll, and painters tape is cheap.
Image Image Image
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:31 pm

Make sure it's the wide fudge. The skinny fudge comes off much more easily.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
davemfan
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:32 pm

summoner wrote:I wrap painters tape around the entire roll in the middle overlapping at least 3"s, then make a pull tab. Have never had a print unroll, and painters tape is cheap.
that makes more sense. the ones i've gotten have just torn a piece of the tape and put it on there, they've never wrapped the entire roll / print.
ImageImageImage
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:05 pm

What's the best shipping labels I can pick up on ebay? I purchased a bunch a while back, they do the job but don't stick to tubes/envelopes as well as I'd like.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:09 pm

cmatthews11 wrote:What's the best shipping labels I can pick up on ebay? I purchased a bunch a while back, they do the job but don't stick to tubes/envelopes as well as I'd like.

I use these for everything. FREE - all you want Image

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/pro ... ing-labels

Just print off your label in stick it in there.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:15 pm

cmatthews11 wrote:What's the best shipping labels I can pick up on ebay? I purchased a bunch a while back, they do the job but don't stick to tubes/envelopes as well as I'd like.
i used to pick mine up from these guys. its been a few years though, being that i now use a Dymo label printer.

https://www.royalmailers.com/Shipping-Labels.html
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral