The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:14 pm

soam24 wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:Newb purchased a poster from me. I sent poster to newb, used the paypal address that was on his paypal receipt, and that was in paypal. Shipped item, confirmed delivery. Newb says, whoops, you sent it to my old address and that I need to fix. I told him to pound sand, not my fault. Now he put in a paypal dispute...

Any recommendations?

tracking actually shows as being delivered?

if so, they will side with you.
yes. thanks

Just happened w/ me last week.. I called paypal, said this dispute is whack, within 10 minutes it was finalized in my favor.
I finally got the dispute to close...and in my favor. Thank god. What a dumbass.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:51 pm

What's this Paypal Select thing? Anyone used it yet? Should I sign up or is it yet another Paypal offer I should ignore?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:00 pm

pvecchi wrote:What's this Paypal Select thing? Anyone used it yet? Should I sign up or is it yet another Paypal offer I should ignore?
seems to be just a rewards program. coupon codes and potential first access to products. unless you need tires or buy shoes a lot, i'd probably not worry much about it. :wink: best thing i saw was the Target coupon. seems like they're just trying to get more people to use PayPal. discounts are only good with a PayPal payment.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
pvecchi
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Thanks for chiming in Halftone :pint:
I hate opting in to things that are not explicitly stated
guryter
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Got that email.....insta-delete.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:13 pm

i did a quick search on the program. it was actually listed on slick deals. from there you could go to a site and see the details. something like paypal-special.com or something like that.

just looking at what was listed, it really seems like they are just targeting PayPal members that pay with PayPal at retail sites. funny thing is, i didnt receive the offer. i do decent volumes through PayPal, but hardly ever through retail sites. i'm sure if you got the email/invite, its probably due to a history of using PayPal at Target.com or any of the other sites they currently list.

when PayPal switched over to the new look, one of the things they added to the menu was the junk on the side bar, including deals and loyalty cards.
Screen shot 2014-07-15 at 5.18.41 PM.jpg
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
IronRinn
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:12 am

First time posting in this thread, need some advice.

Sold an item to a guy in Australia on June 16th and shipped it out the 18th. Delivery attempts made on July 1st and then no further updates. Then, yesterday, I get this message from him:
Ive been in Europe since the 27th of June and Im not sure if the item has been delivered to my house as i wont be back till the 4th of August. If the item is returned, which is highly likely due to the postal system in Australia, can you please resend it back to me? Thank you. :)
Not exactly sure how to handle this. If it is being shipped back, I believe I'll have to pay the return shipping costs just to get it back and I'm certainly not going to resend it for free. The item was $50.00 and the shipping cost $70.00. Also pretty sure I would lose if he files a claim. Was thinking of offering a refund for the item itself, and explaining the shipping stuff but the dude seems to be new to eBay and that always worries me in terms of claims and feedback. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by IronRinn on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:14 am

I would try to call the post office where the item is being held in Australia to see if they can make an exception and hold it a little longer.
IronRinn
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:27 am

alittle wrote:I would try to call the post office where the item is being held in Australia to see if they can make an exception and hold it a little longer.
I didn't think to do that. Worth a shot. I did think "Who goes away for more than a month and doesn't make arrangements for someone to get their mail or have it held?"
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:51 am

If any of us Aussies can help with the dilemma let us know.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
IronRinn
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:35 am

DonPiano wrote:If any of us Aussies can help with the dilemma let us know.
I really appreciate that. Found a PO that looks to be in his area so I'll give them a call in 8 hours or so. I'll update here when I know what's going on. I'll admit, this may not be as big an issue as it seems to me at the moment, but eBay does so little for sellers at this point that when problems arise, it feels like there is little recourse other than to just take the hit.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:40 am

not sure how the Aussie post is, but you might suggest or ask the buyer to put a vacation hold on their mail. i know in the states you can do that. not sure if you can in AUS or if its available for them to do online. might buy you some time and make it so that the package doesn't get returned.

1xRun Referral
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:42 am

Pretty sure you can do that. Or at least get him to give verbal confirmation that someone else can pick it up. The concern is that Australia Post may be less likely to send it back as it'll cost them more to do so.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:45 am

It doesn't cost Aussie post anything. They will be reimbursed by the USPS, who will then charge the seller.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:50 am

alittle wrote:...They will be reimbursed by the USPS, who will then charge the seller.
not if it was sent from the US and via Priority or Express. price includes the service of RTS.
Last edited by halftonegraphics on Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

1xRun Referral