The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Thu May 13, 2021 1:12 am

jjttdw wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 5:55 pm
Love the BSA thing and he quasi cloissinne thing at the bottom left. What's up with that Nazi thing?
The BSA thing is a Birmingham Small Arms Motorcycles employee award pin made in England probably in the 1950s. The Cloissone thing was a massive pendant. See Below: Image

The ring is German, but pre-dates the Nazi Party. "The ring has "In Treue Fest" ("Steadfast in Loyalty/Firm in Fidelity") and a small black Iron Cross in the center. "In Treue Fest," was the motto of Bavaria, and the post-WWI slogan of the Bavarian monarchist movement that grew beyond Bavaria and well into Germany during the Weimar Republic. Largely an organization of WWI veterans, the group was banned by the Nazi Regime in February 1933, within a few days of Hitler becoming Chancellor. "
It sold almost immediately, so I probably was too low, but happy with what I got for it.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu May 13, 2021 5:38 am

so it's all buy it now pricing I take it

these kind of items sometimes bring it home in auction formats - need the auction bid/ fight formatting

simple and easy - less drama, I get it

nice stuff Rye !
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu May 13, 2021 1:33 pm

Holy cow, Ryefish...that pendant is huge and nice.

Thanks for the fun facts on the ring too. I didn't know there was a post WW1 monarchist movement. I guess they had to settle for a dictator.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Thu May 13, 2021 1:54 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 5:38 am
so it's all buy it now pricing I take it

these kind of items sometimes bring it home in auction formats - need the auction bid/ fight formatting

simple and easy - less drama, I get it

nice stuff Rye !
Thanks. It is indeed all buy-it-now on Facebook, but most of my eBay listings nowadays are BIN as well. You have to consider that eBay buyers are actively searching for particular items, while Facebook buyers are usually seeing a picture of an item come across their feed that catches their eye. With 25.5 Billion (with a 'B') monthly visits, Facebook puts a lot more eyes on your items than eBay, with 957.1 Million monthly visits.
People can still make offers, but the Marketplace system is still very clunky.

jjttdw wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:33 pm
Holy cow, Ryefish...that pendant is huge and nice.

Thanks for the fun facts on the ring too. I didn't know there was a post WW1 monarchist movement. I guess they had to settle for a dictator.
Yeah, it caught my eye as a good candidate to sell, there have been a few similar on eBay with really high asking prices- but like I said before- eye appeal sells on FB.
I also had no idea about a monarchist movement in Weimar Germany. It's amazing what you learn when you're researching items you're selling- even if you've had them a while.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon May 17, 2021 10:17 am

Ok, this is a first. Got a notification that one of my ebay listings that was set to donate to charity was removed for violating the ebay for charity guidelines. The kicker is, the charity itself requested that my listing be removed...I guess they didn't like what I was selling. :lol:
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 17, 2021 11:15 am

Luls. Now ya gotta tell us what it was.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon May 17, 2021 11:42 am

It was one of those Mitchell anti-trump jawns. Donating to Equal Justice Initiative. Guess they didn't want to seem partisan?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Luls. Prolly saw the swastika and noped it tf offa there.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon May 17, 2021 1:14 pm

I'm betting blue is spot on.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 24, 2021 3:41 pm

First time I've had dis fudge happen since managed payments. Money appears to be in the bank already (transaction was over a week ago). Does this mean I should expect a chargeback/clawback at some point?

We had to cancel bids for the buyer, <redacted>, because they aren't registered on eBay:

We've also made it easy to relist your item if it was removed. Although the item is no longer available in search listings, you will find it in the Sold section of My eBay. For more information, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/relist.html

To help you avoid this situation in the future, consider setting a Buy It Now price and requiring buyers to make an immediate payment. For more information on immediate payments, visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/require- ... yment.html

We recommend you take the following actions if this buyer won the item:
- If you haven't received payment, don't complete the sale or send the item to the buyer.
- Don't communicate with the buyer directly.
- Verify any payments you've been notified of by logging into your payment account (or other online payment service).
- If the buyer requests a refund or additional payments, don't send any money without contacting eBay first.
- If you've already sent the item, try contacting the shipping carrier to find out if you can stop shipment.

In these types of situations, we may, at our sole discretion, decide whether to credit the fees for removed listings.
- We have credited all associated fees except for payments processing fees and the final value fee for your listing(s).

If you have any concerns or questions, click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

We're sorry for this inconvenience, and thanks for continuing to work with us.

Thanks,
eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Mon May 24, 2021 3:47 pm

Did you send the item?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 24, 2021 4:52 pm

Duh.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Mon May 24, 2021 6:39 pm

You ignore it and don't do anything. If they contact you about it again, deal with it, but zero times has a chargeback resulted in me getting screwed since moving to managed payments. Actually every problem I used to have with paid for items on EBay has gone away since switching over.

I have received the same as you multiple times after shipping and I never hear another word about it
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 24, 2021 8:21 pm

guryter
Art Expert

Tue May 25, 2021 11:39 am

This dude can't even wait to post his auction until he's home and actually washed his hands or something....look at those finger prints on that left card, plus a bonus groin-ish shot. Ebay etiquette what?

eBay 402871476852

Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.