The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
soupysound
EB Team

Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:14 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:just to clarify.. you shipped to the eBay global shipping location? your tracking shows it was delivered to them?

if yes to both, nothing to worry about. eBay takes all claims and responsibility after that point.

i dont use the global program, but i would assume they provide a tracking number to the buyer (different than the one you upload to your auction). do they also provide this information to the seller as well? assuming your package was delivered to the global location, then i would assume your buyer needs to have direct contact with eBay and not you.
yep. i shipped to the ebay global location. the tracking shows delivery to them (along with the delivery to the INTL final destination). there are a couple different tracking numbers. i assume the buyer can see exactly what i see (when i click on "track the package" in ebay).
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Just went to Fedex to ship a 2500+ print to Australia from the states. I was told they do not have insurance and their limits of liability are $1000. Is this true or are they donkeys?
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
aivc
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:40 pm

For GSP, a little clarification : you're not responsible once the package gets to their shipping center, that's correct. If the buyer opens a claim/case, eBay handles it as far as I know. On the other hand, the buyer can just skip opening a claim/case, and just give you a negative feedback straight away.

Some guy in France which I sold a Durieux RW to, received it, said it was damaged, then posted negative feedback without going through the proper channels first. My only negative feedback ever. I tried to get it removed, but eBay wouldn't do anything about it. Said something in the lines of :"buyer didn't open a case, so we have no way of knowing if blame is on you or the buyer, thus we're not gonna remove the feedback". I think it's one of the only loopholes of GSP. Besides that, I've been very happy with it.
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:34 pm

Purchased print on Ebay

Came with edge damage from shipping, no response from seller since notifying them of the damage

File a claim, Not file a claim

That is the question???
mmmm Beer :pint:
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:38 pm

How long you given them?

My question - I want to purchase something, but it's on eBay.co.uk, and no US shipping. Am I fudge of luck here, it is there a solution I'm missing?
mattlew69
Art Expert

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:41 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:How long you given them?

My question - I want to purchase something, but it's on eBay.co.uk, and no US shipping. Am I fudge of luck here, it is there a solution I'm missing?
There is a solution. Email the seller and ask if they will offer US shipping.
Kdh12 wrote:Purchased print on Ebay

Came with edge damage from shipping, no response from seller since notifying them of the damage

File a claim, Not file a claim

That is the question???
Give it a couple days for them to respond if you just received it.

Send another email letting them know that you are going to file a claim unless you hear back from them. If they dont respond file a claim thru ebay the following week.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:44 pm

No need to file a claim right away. Just click on Return this item from the listing.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
shagdonk
Art Expert

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 pm

Codeblue wrote:No need to file a claim right away. Just click on Return this item from the listing.
There's no return option if the listing was 'final sale' no returns accepted.

File a claim. That always gets the sellers attention.
alittle
Art Freak

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:59 pm

I just block all Canadians. Problem solved.
shagdonk
Art Expert

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:01 pm

alittle wrote:I just block all Canadians. Problem solved.
Racist.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:25 pm

shagdonk wrote:
Codeblue wrote:No need to file a claim right away. Just click on Return this item from the listing.
There's no return option if the listing was 'final sale' no returns accepted.

File a claim. That always gets the sellers attention.
Just checked you can still request a return even if seller indicate no returns accepted.
mmmm Beer :pint:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:15 am

Duh.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:20 am

jjttdw wrote:Just went to Fedex to ship a 2500+ print to Australia from the states. I was told they do not have insurance and their limits of liability are $1000. Is this true or are they donkeys?

Even usps offers up to 5k in insurance. Seems like they're wrong.
ImageT.K.C.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:22 am

soupysound wrote:potential issue:

(1) canadian buyer (no feedback / new account) .... fishy username (jibberish)
(2) paypal clears payment (after initial warning email)
(3) i ship USPS fully insured / tracking (using ebay global shipping program)
(4) package marked as delivered on feb 10
(5) buyer contacts me saying he never received it

what happens if it can't be "found"? is this a scam of some sort? also, what happens if i can't find the original USPS insurance receipt? i entered it into ebay (to provide tracking). does that count?

the only thing i wish i would have done differently is use signature confirmation. :hanging:

This is why I use the global shipping program. No liability on your part. I don't trust strangers, especially foreign ones. Just kidding my overseas friends But not really
ImageT.K.C.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:39 am

Anyone ever sell anything to anyone in China ? Just curious, bought a few things from people in China on ebay.

Huge market, except for whatever that weird company is that seems to have a monopoly over there.