The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
xangelx
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:23 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:57 pm
Cinlabyrinth wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:17 am
so i shouldn't be too worried about a tube that hasn't moved since june 17 yet? usps got it on 13th and it's just never updated or changed since the 17th. i haven't freaked out or anything but i am hoping it shows up one day
I think it will show up eventually. At least you have evidence that USPS has it. In my case all I saw was that a label was created. That is the reason I always make them scan on drop off....USPS cannot then say I did not hand it off to them.
Yeah I wouldn't worry. It will most likely just appear any day now.

My post office has a bin to drop stuff in, otherwise you have to stand in line for at least 30 mins to get a scan so I only do that if it's something high value. But, either way I've had stuff get scanned in and then not get scanned again for weeks, or drop something in the bin and not have it scanned for weeks then just appears in the destination city. But again, knock on wood. Never had one go totally missing, always show up eventually.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:40 pm

Ooof, 30 minute line. I found a small PO near me that no one goes to. Its a couple minutes more of a drive but I save 20 or so minutes waiting.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
mattlew69
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:32 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:57 am
Bought a print on eBay 5/29 with postage printed 6/1. It doesn't show up on USPS tracking. Seller worried and I say be patient and give it a couple weeks. A couple weeks pass, then a third....no scans at USPS. June 24th the seller refunds me.

Magically the print arrives July 7th. Looking at the tracking it shows ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE - CHICAGO, IL 60618 on July 1st. So either the guy was delaying to see if if the price of the print would rise, figured out it wasn't and mailed it OR it was lost in the local post office for a month. I had his payment details so I paid outside eBay. He saved fees and I saved sales tax.

Same thing happened to me.

Sat in Chicago for a month, so I refunded the buyer and it shows up a month later. :evil: Of course buyer didn't let me know. :roll:

If someone or you are waiting on a poster, wait it out......don't refund right away or give the seller some leniency.
zeuscarver
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:09 pm

Shortish story about recent ebay sale:
Sold a poster June 22. Created label June 23 and scheduled pickup. Mailman must have missed it but it was picked up on the 24th and I got a confirmation email from USPS.

No scan of pickup, nothing except 'label created'. Buyer asks me what's going on. I throughly explain situation. He demands to see pickup receipt, i sent him email. These emails have no tracking numbers so.. of course buyer knows how it goes (not)

I ask for him to be patient, remind him of the pandumbic. no love. Buyer opens item not received case.

Case was going to close July 2. Between 1 AM and 9 AM July 2, the package teleports from my post office 'acceptance scan' to 'out for delivery' in another state.

Finally left me good feedback and he's on the blocked list. Whoo dodged a 300 dollar loss. no way this guy would have been honest and repaid me after poster arrived.

moral: be patient with buyers and sellers right now, post office trying as hard as they can but things often shake out in the end.
morecoffee
Art Expert

Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:26 am

I recently had an awesome experience as a seller on Ebay. I sold my old Play Station Resident Evil game from 1996. It was in near mint condition. Some dude bought it for $400 and then asked for a $100 partial refund for a wrinkle on the back cover. I told him to send back the game for a full refund. He returned my game all banged up. I relisted it with the story, just so it's out there. I don't care about selling the game anymore. I just want the story of what he did out there. Now he has a graded copy of the same game listed.
Does anybody know this douche? His name is -mod edit-. I know he buys posters, too.

If you're bored, here is my re-listing with the story included in it:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Resident-Evil- ... 4780877849
xangelx
Art Expert

Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:54 pm

morecoffee wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:26 am
I recently had an awesome experience as a seller on Ebay. I sold my old Play Station Resident Evil game from 1996. It was in near mint condition. Some dude bought it for $400 and then asked for a $100 partial refund for a wrinkle on the back cover. I told him to send back the game for a full refund. He returned my game all banged up. I relisted it with the story, just so it's out there. I don't care about selling the game anymore. I just want the story of what he did out there. Now he has a graded copy of the same game listed.
Does anybody know this douche? His name is -mod edit-. I know he buys posters, too.

If you're bored, here is my re-listing with the story included in it:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Resident-Evil- ... 4780877849
Tremendous story and handling of this situation. Guy is obviously a goon. Thanks for the entertainment and sorry for your experience. :clap:
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
haven
Art Expert

Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:01 pm

I guess I am bored.

Guy's obviously a winner. He has a Linkedin page that lists his ebay handle as his current experience.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:20 pm

I suggest editing to remove the dude's name.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
bigmuls
Art Expert

Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:28 pm

Wow, I had heard about people doing this sort of thing, but never actually witnessed it. Sorry this happened to you. This douche should be receiving some serious bad karma...
morecoffee
Art Expert

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:05 pm

haven wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:01 pm
I guess I am bored.

Guy's obviously a winner. He has a Linkedin page that lists his ebay handle as his current experience.
Now THAT is funny!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:13 pm

He pulled the ol switcheroo on ya.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
davemfan
Art Expert

Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:00 pm

just buy his and do the same. bust it out of the case when you get it and swap back then request a refund for item not as described. f that guy.
ImageImageImage
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:22 am

^ lol. That’s kind of a logical way to proceed.

So the dude bought the game, said it would only be graded as low as 8.0 and it isn’t worth $400 but he would settle for $300, then sent you back a turd and now selling your 8.0 fudge for $1,250? I guess the guy didn’t want to potentially triple his money, but quadruple it. One could only wonder what the drymount is wrong with people.
morecoffee
Art Expert

Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:25 am

bubbie wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:22 am
^ lol. That’s kind of a logical way to proceed.

So the dude bought the game, said it would only be graded as low as 8.0 and it isn’t worth $400 but he would settle for $300, then sent you back a turd and now selling your 8.0 fudge for $1,250? I guess the guy didn’t want to potentially triple his money, but quadruple it. One could only wonder what the drymount is wrong with people.
That's exactly what he did. I would love it if he got pounded with questions about his listing. I have received multiple messages from other users about my listing, so people are reading it and are aware. At least there's that. Ebay won't do anything about it. They keep sending me standard, corporate penned replies. I had considered buying his copy and doing the same thing to him, but then he jacked the price up. It's not worth the risk.
I just want people to know what a scum bag he is.
davemfan
Art Expert

Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:03 am

The thing with ebay is the buyer is 100% covered. I've never seen ebay decide in a sellers favor when an item not as described case has been filed.

I do no think it would be wise for YOU to buy it though. Have a buddy do it for you. lol
ImageImageImage