The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
zeuscarver
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:21 pm

Lucked out on the big sale..

So, Let’s roll the dice:
Anyone shipped to Italy?
Intend to send a flat packed print, solid packing in Masonite but I have heard horror stories about the Italian post.

Yay/nay? Anyone have a preferred shipping company?

Print is under 1K this time so more reasonable.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:29 am

If you use USPS, go Registered. They literally have special tape for the seams to avoid tampering. It as slow as hell but it is secure.

You probably need to check how Italy handles on the other end. The countries I've used Registered with have required a signature.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:32 am

First class $20 gift to Italy. You'll never see tracking say a thing but I have yet to have anyone say it didn't show up. But that's just me
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:33 am

turnJBup wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:28 pm
Does anyone know how to change your city in the address section of a listing?

Thanks…
You have to pick another city, afaik unless you already have listings that just say "USA" there's no way to make a new one without putting in a zip code.
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:10 pm

This is a Paypal/shipnow issue. They told me my package was off, sent code 7500, actual code 7700. Least they covered the postage. I cant use shipnow until I pay the $3. Anyone else have this happen? I gave exact measurements and weight. Wish I knew how to prevent the problem other than rounding everything up and overpaying a little. They must have some new intake process.
davemfan
Art Expert

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:46 am

lebantz wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:10 pm
This is a Paypal/shipnow issue. They told me my package was off, sent code 7500, actual code 7700. Least they covered the postage. I cant use shipnow until I pay the $3. Anyone else have this happen? I gave exact measurements and weight. Wish I knew how to prevent the problem other than rounding everything up and overpaying a little. They must have some new intake process.
What was off the weight? Size?

I've noticed on USPS that they only charge you based on the next pound. So if you have something that weighs 1.6lb then you get charged what it costs to ship 2lb. So you might as well just put in 2lbs and pay it. Even if it's 1.1lb, and so on. I always round up my weight to the next pound because it makes no difference in price and it accounts for scale differences. What's the 7500 vs 7700, international codes for what you're shipping?
ImageImageImage
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:30 pm

Does everyone put there price higher then they are hoping for on ebay with the expectation people will make an offer and youll accept that? Or do you go all in and put your lowest price as the buy it now price?
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:26 pm

ajmmck wrote:
Does everyone put there price higher then they are hoping for on ebay with the expectation people will make an offer and youll accept that? Or do you go all in and put your lowest price as the buy it now price?
Depends on how quickly I want to get rid of the print and how many others are on the bay. I usually price high with offers enabled but I wouldn't consider myself anywhere close to a volume seller.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:58 pm

Yeah ive always wondered as i would always make an offer to test the waters and try my luck when buying.
I think the stat says its only 5-7% who would sell this way when loading it which i was surprised at, but maybe im the minority and need to look at the way i price on ebay.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:24 pm

ajmmck wrote:
For me it’s the former. I’ve had stuff up for a year before selling.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:39 pm

Yeah dont get me wrong i have plenty of fudge up there i dont think will ever move, But i am surprised when i sell posters or other things and im not even asked to accept an offer!

On that note anyone wants anything let me know cause the new house aint going to pay for itself. Be sure to not pay asking price!
bigmuls
Art Expert

Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:31 am

jjttdw wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:24 pm
ajmmck wrote:
For me it’s the former. I’ve had stuff up for a year before selling.
Same. Every once in a while someone just buys at the asking price without placing a lower offer, love those.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:50 am

I once had someone make an offer over my asking price, though not by much. I reached out and they said they wanted to make sure nobody else bought the item before they were able to pay for it.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Philpenn
Art Expert

Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:04 am

^^ Had that before. I probably posted about in this thread at the time. I was trying to figure out what the scam was.
guryter
Art Expert

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:23 am

I think CB posted about it in the past but I just had a package I sent FedEx for expected cost of $15.xx get an actual charge of $39.xx. Ebay chat useless, called and credited in 3 minutes. FedEx added an extra pound to the package along with larger dimensions on a poster tube. Also estimated delivery of 2-3 days was actually 8 days, so yeah I think I'll refrain from choosing FedEx in the future.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.