The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
soupysound
EB Team

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:53 pm

also irritating is that ebay will randomly remove my BEST OFFER auto decline settings and i will suddenly have to manually decline all the lowball offers from buyers and then reset my auto decline. has anyone had this happen to them? i've had it occur on listings that haven't even been up for more than a week or two.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:06 pm

soupysound wrote:also irritating is that ebay will randomly remove my BEST OFFER auto decline settings and i will suddenly have to manually decline all the lowball offers from buyers and then reset my auto decline. has anyone had this happen to them? i've had it occur on listings that haven't even been up for more than a week or two.
Oh that’s unacceptable. One of the small joys of my life is seeing all the lame lowball offers that got autodeclined. :D
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
cotis
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:45 pm

chicagophishfood

bought item, no response, no payment. unpaid claim filed.

save yourselves the issues.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:34 pm

so did y'all know that if you sell multiple items to the same buyer within 2 wks you can only receive 1 positive (or negative if you suck) from said buyer. pretty weak.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:50 pm

stuckeyc wrote:so did y'all know that if you sell multiple items to the same buyer within 2 wks you can only receive 1 positive (or negative if you suck) from said buyer. pretty weak.
I think it’s been that way or similar for awhile. I can understand why they do it (to prevent someone from padding a seller’s positive feedback rating to influence buyers and to prevent buyers with a grudge from trying to tarnish a seller by buying things to add multiples negatives). I know Amazon has recently been getting grief from allowing these types of scams too
shoeless
Art Expert

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:35 pm

So, I got the old "Sorry, my son purchased it without my permission, could you kindly cancel the order? Thanks."
Item was a KAWS >$2k on a 30-dy BIN OBO.
Had other offers for much less than why I accepted from this buyer.

Whats my move?
Suck it up and cancel>>>relist?
Any way to leave neg feedback?
jjttdw
Art Expert

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:51 pm

shoeless wrote:So, I got the old "Sorry, my son purchased it without my permission, could you kindly cancel the order? Thanks."

Whats my move?
I would just move on and relist.

The guy is lying. How may kids are trolling eBay for Kaws.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:58 pm

I always just take a deep breath, cancel and relist. Not worth the hassle of engaging and possible negative feedback.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
xangelx
Art Expert

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:39 pm

shoeless wrote:So, I got the old "Sorry, my son purchased it without my permission, could you kindly cancel the order? Thanks."

Whats my move?
Ignore them, file unpaid item claim, let them get a strike on their account. If they leave you a negative contact ebay and they will remove it.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
jjttdw
Art Expert

Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:18 pm

xangelx wrote:

Whats my move?
Ignore them, file unpaid item claim, let them get a strike on their account. If they leave you a negative contact ebay and they will remove it.
Whole lot of effort which leaves you right where you would be otherwise....relisting.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
shoeless
Art Expert

Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:11 pm

Another kick to the nuts is I listed it with a special promotion that was fee free.
Promotion is expired.
Damnit.
Why do idiots do this fudge?
PLUSH
Art Expert

Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:55 pm

Anyone ever get their second chance offer picked up? Always someone each week either not paying, or wanting to cancel, blah, blah, blah. So I shoot out the 2nd chance, but no one ever buys it. :hanging:
parlow
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:00 am

PLUSH wrote:Anyone ever get their second chance offer picked up? Always someone each week either not paying, or wanting to cancel, blah, blah, blah. So I shoot out the 2nd chance, but no one ever buys it. :hanging:
Never.
xangelx
Art Expert

Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:39 am

shoeless wrote:Another kick to the nuts is I listed it with a special promotion that was fee free.
Promotion is expired.
Damnit.
Why do idiots do this fudge?
Indeed. But that's why I don't like letting them get away with it without at least making them take a strike on their account for not following through.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
xangelx
Art Expert

Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:40 am

PLUSH wrote:Anyone ever get their second chance offer picked up? Always someone each week either not paying, or wanting to cancel, blah, blah, blah. So I shoot out the 2nd chance, but no one ever buys it. :hanging:
More likely you'll get the person you made the offer too accuse you of shill bidding.