The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
tylt33
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:33 pm

dangerboy wrote:contact the seller first. see what they offer to do for you. if you're not satisfied, file a paypal claim "item not as described". you will likely win, but you'll be forced to ship them back...

or, was it insured? you could go that route also

I emailed the seller and provided the pictures... hopefully they don't feel like I'm nitpicking. I just called Paypal and opened a claim. I'm not sure if they were insured, but hopefully it will help that FedEx flagged them as "damaged". I'm fine with shipping them back, prices have come down a bit since my purchase. I'm hoping for the best at this point.
DickButt wrote:It's a miracle some of you are even able to turn on a computer.

Yes. The answer to your question is yes.
tylt33
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:Seller that uses a Uline and Fed x- good lord.... :hanging:

I don't want to deal with a donkeypotamus- please forward his nick via PM , thanks
I think he was just a flipper, not a board member, as I purchased the prints from eBay and he wasn't planning on shipping them with craft paper or any type of buffering. I asked him to ship with a Yazoo tube, but apparently he didn't. I didn't even think to ask him who he was shipping with... ugh.

Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:36 pm

most of us purchase on ebay .... please send it

Ebay is even worse than EB- most of EB is solid, ebay- not so much.

It's not against the rules to PM names.. don't worry- I won't sell you out. :lol:

Thats not nit picking... thats a donkeypotamus
tylt33
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:05 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:most of us purchase on ebay .... please send it

Ebay is even worse than EB- most of EB is solid, ebay- not so much.

It's not against the rules to PM names.. don't worry- I won't sell you out. :lol:

Thats not nit picking... thats a donkeypotamus
Oops, I thought you were asking for his Expressobeans name :oops:

edgar
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:Thats not nit picking... thats a donkeypotamus
stellar.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:55 pm

That damage is super, super minor. Put a book on it for a month and it'll probably flatten out, try rubbing with the back of a spoon -- frame it and you'll never even see it. I don't think you need to be heartbroken. Enjoy the prints.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:10 pm

mistersmith wrote: probably .
print listed as mint, packed in a Uline, shipped Fed X, delivered missing an end cap and he should accept "probably" after his opportunity has passed?

Most folks "probably" wouldn't agree with you on ebay

Is it catastrophic by any means- no, is like 5 damaged areas - yes

You do see that crease running in the middle?

Might agree with you if a single edge was damaged
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:16 pm

that drymounting pisses me off... people lucky enough to have a SDCC badge have no problem flipping the prints for big profits on eBay but can't be bothered to take 3 minutes to find out how to properly pack and ship said prints. Definitely get a partial refund from that guy.
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:19 pm

If the drymounting print was listed as "mint" than you already knew you were dealing with a fucktard. You own fault imo. You guys want to deal with fucktards and not have to accept the consequences. I think Paypal might not even find in your favour. Inside a frame the things will appear "mint". Quit your crying; first world problems.

E
tylt33
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:46 pm

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:If the drymounting print was listed as "mint" than you already knew you were dealing with a fucktard. You own fault imo. You guys want to deal with fucktards and not have to accept the consequences. I think Paypal might not even find in your favour. Inside a frame the things will appear "mint". Quit your crying; first world problems.

E
Aside from the typos, this is very informative and helpful.

tylt33
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:49 pm

mistersmith wrote:That damage is super, super minor. Put a book on it for a month and it'll probably flatten out, try rubbing with the back of a spoon -- frame it and you'll never even see it. I don't think you need to be heartbroken. Enjoy the prints.
I've got it flattening currently. It's not the end of the world by any means, I just feel that when I'm paying $750+ for prints I should not have to be spooning them and dealing with chub rub.

Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:59 pm

take E from a comical perspective and speaks to a word of a higher gospel, its the internutz :pint:

Sorry to hear about needless hassles- wish you well on the journey to resolution :pint: :pint:
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:19 pm

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:If the drymounting print was listed as "mint" than you already knew you were dealing with a fucktard. You own fault imo. You guys want to deal with fucktards and not have to accept the consequences. I think Paypal might not even find in your favour. Inside a frame the things will appear "mint". Quit your crying; first world problems.

E
Grateful69Phish wrote:You do see that crease running in the middle?
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:43 pm

You do realise that it is not a REQUIREMENT for a seller to dole out partial refunds to whiners. Pay to ship it back to the seller and take the full refund. End of first world problem.

E
bigmuls
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:02 am

If he insured it, which he should have for something that expensive (but who knows with this guy), you should have him make an insurance claim specifying that the money should be sent to you as the buyer and you should keep the print. Use the insurance money to get it fixed and framed.