The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
MonteAlderaan
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:45 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:^^ probably right, just seems odd that he'd ship the exact same one sheet (which isn't that common) on the same day to two addresses that are within 15ish miles of one another from Argentina.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:00 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
Codeblue wrote:No package intercept on international shipments for usps, already tried. I was thinking of having the buyer refuse the shipment instead of having to ship it back, but it doesn't look like that's a good idea.
Update on dis. Duke decided to keep it once it arrived. #kumbaya

P. S. How the fug are the name and address wrong? What's the scam here?
Not really sure, I reached out to the seller and he sent me screen shots of his transaction on paypal, purchasing the stuff, etc. Oddly enough yesterday evening the tracking updated to DELIVERED in Houston 77095, but my area is about 15 miles from there and that is never the zip used for delivery. Not sure what's going, I went up to the annex today and they were not helpful at all in even verifying if the tube was physically THERE.
Breaking alert, I call the post office again just a few minutes ago and a guy answers, I give him the entire rundown and he listens patiently, he asks for the tracking then he gives me the address that tracking# was delivered to, he says "the guy either shipped the package to the wrong address or he mixed up tracking numbers, but that tracking number went to this exact address" which isn't mine but is about 20-25 minutes away. I contact the seller again, he says "oh that address? I do have a friend there, I did also ship him a (insert poster) poster too, let me check the tracking" and he comes back a few mins later and says "Yes yes I sent the wrong tracking# to your package, my apologies, I'm sorry. I will get the info for yours when I get home and send it to you", so either he drymounted up or he's trying to scam. He has over 300 or something feedback with 100% positive, most of them on posters though so it would be weird to scam me for a one sheet.

fwiw, this can actually happen. happened to me with a print sent from Phlegm. showed as delivered 7 miles away. found out it was another EBer and that Phlegm mixed up the tracking numbers. $.02. hope this works out.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
ifonly216
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:58 am

So I sell a poster I send invoice, dude messages me saying "I'm high bidder on another poster you're selling was hoping you could combine shipping if I win". I say no problem, well the auction ends dude doesn't win, I send him a message about payment. No response, I wait 24 hours send another message nothing. I know if I get Ebay involved and he doesn't pay he'll get some sort of derogatory mark on his account. If I just cancel can I leave him negative feedback?
" time wounds all the heals"
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:14 pm

ifonly216 wrote:So I sell a poster I send invoice, dude messages me saying "I'm high bidder on another poster you're selling was hoping you could combine shipping if I win". I say no problem, well the auction ends dude doesn't win, I send him a message about payment. No response, I wait 24 hours send another message nothing. I know if I get Ebay involved and he doesn't pay he'll get some sort of derogatory mark on his account. If I just cancel can I leave him negative feedback?

as a seller, you cant leave a negative. false positives (positive feedback with bad remarks) can be removed as well.

rather than messaging, maybe send him an invoice.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
ifonly216
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:16 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
ifonly216 wrote:So I sell a poster I send invoice, dude messages me saying "I'm high bidder on another poster you're selling was hoping you could combine shipping if I win". I say no problem, well the auction ends dude doesn't win, I send him a message about payment. No response, I wait 24 hours send another message nothing. I know if I get Ebay involved and he doesn't pay he'll get some sort of derogatory mark on his account. If I just cancel can I leave him negative feedback?

as a seller, you cant leave a negative. false positives (positive feedback with bad remarks) can be removed as well.

rather than messaging, maybe send him an invoice.
Thanks, I'll send another invoice.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:17 pm

invoices generally trigger an email. messaging may not, depending on user settings.

1xRun Referral
geezer
Art Expert

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:19 pm

When did ebay start adding best offer automaticaly?
ifonly216
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:27 pm

geezer wrote:When did ebay start adding best offer automaticaly?
It's so annoying and if you shut it off they charge you. Smh
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:33 pm

geezer wrote:When did ebay start adding best offer automaticaly?

its a setting when you are listing. im guessing you are using the quick form to list. they default it to be checked and set a price for you. you need to click on more options and uncheck it.
Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 9.38.32 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 9.38.39 AM.jpg

1xRun Referral
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:10 pm

What's up with ebay now automatically relisting auctions?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:02 pm

stuckeyc wrote:What's up with ebay now automatically relisting auctions?
never had that happen with mine, but it seems like a lot of this new stuff is dependent on your account and status/age of the account.

this might help? https://pages.ebay.com/selling_manager/autorelist/

1xRun Referral
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:03 pm

I can't stand the new view for items that have current offers on them. Once you counter-offer, the item disappears from that page so if you have multiple items with pending offers, you can't tell which are still active and which were declined. Annoying af.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:46 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
never had that happen with mine, but it seems like a lot of this new stuff is dependent on your account and status/age of the account.

Never had it happen until friday. There is a thing in the dropdown showing "remove automatic relist" from all of them but its an annoying process.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:36 am

stuckeyc wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:

Never had it happen until friday. There is a thing in the dropdown showing "remove automatic relist" from all of them but its an annoying process.

So on top of automatically relisting multitple items they also decided to set default handling time to SAME Day if sale is paid for by 1400 PDT. WTF....even if I packed and shipped the minute it was paid for the post office is already closed. I went to ship something first thing this AM and it was already showing that I was shipping it late.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Really annoying when ebay decides to change your fixed price listings to accept offers. If I wanted offers, I would check the f'in box when I make the listing. Leave my fudge alone.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH