The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:36 am

BENYOUNG20 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:13 am
I ship thousands of items every week with media mail, I can't think of a single problem with the post office opening a package all year.
Dafug are ya shipping?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:00 am

Media.
davemfan
Art Expert

Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:47 am

When i took my record (in a Kohls box) to the post office the postal worker said "are you shipping a book", I said "no". She said "they would nab the person on the other end for extra shipping cost then" I told her it was a record and she's like oh well that's media. She thought it was a shirt or something. Afterwards I got to thinking how would they ever know? Are they going to watch the guy open his package in front of them or what? She even wrote the word album on the box and said there, that'll let them know what it is. I'm just like, yeah ok.

On a side note, she's always been a postal nazi when I take packages in there.
ImageImageImage
zeuscarver
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:04 pm

cotis wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:11 pm
do yourself a favor and block "thardin07"

requested to end an auction early for a $10 discount. I said it runs out tonight, but I'll relist it as a buy it now... make your offer... you win.

received this message after I sent him relisted auction:

"Hi,
Sorry, I thought it over and I am going to pass on this afterall.
But, thank you for all your help and I will let you know if anything changes. Thanks!"
hate that stuff. In the future I would 'sell similar item' as BIN and then leave the auction running. If you had other bids maybe those people would win/pay and then mr pullout wouldn't mess up your sale.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:16 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:36 am
BENYOUNG20 wrote:
I ship thousands of items every week with media mail, I can't think of a single problem with the post office opening a package all year.
Dafug are ya shipping?
Books, DVDs, CDs, Video Games, collectibles, antiques....a little bit of everything. I run the shipping for Goodwill Online sales in my region.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:53 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:
Right it's only if you do something stupid like send an 80lb box of baseball cards. (Guilty)
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:20 pm

I think a recent buyer may be trying to pull the ol switcheroo on me.

I sold a 5x5 foil Twizby and sent it sandwiched better 2 of those stiff 7 x 7 artist canvas boards, along with a larger piece of cardboard in one of the priority letter mailers.

The buyer contacted me requesting a refund because somehow one of the boards got dented during shipping and impressed into the print. The dent looks smaller than a pencil eraser which kinda raises my suspicion. It's also right along the edge which seems out of the area the print was as i attached it to the center of the board. I can understand this happening with just cardboard but it would have to be a pretty solid hit to dent the hard board in a single little spot

The pics he sent also show a ton of scratches that look to be on the print. The slip bags i use aren't that beat up.

My thinking is he had a drymounted copy and is trying to swap it. IDK. I don't mind the refund if it's legit. Seems I'll not have to mind either way though
Here are the pics i took

Here are the pics he sent
I'm not someone else.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:10 pm

I went through something similar with a Spusta buyer recently. It was Twibzy, too. They claimed the print was damaged by the cardboard that I used....which I guess is possible but nothing I had ever seen before. Looked more to me like they had damaged it while trying to unpack it with heavy hands. They didn't want to return it but tried to negotiate for over 50% refund.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:02 pm

And what do you know, he said he'd take it at a steep discount.

Another point that makes me think he's scamming me is it listed it as an auction with a BIN of $110 shipped. It sold within 10 minutes of posting. It was a decent BIN price but it seemed eager.

Giving more thought to the pics he sent me, that dent would have to start on the outside of the opposite board and imprint through that to the board it was taped to. Given the very small size of the indentation, and the force needed to make it with those boards doesn't add up.

I'd be willing to bet he dropped the knife or something he used to open the box directly onto the print while it was still attached to the board.
I'm not someone else.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:11 pm

Sounds like it’s prolly the same spusturd y’all are dealing with.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
cotis
Art Expert

Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:58 pm

let’s get a ebay name so the rest of us can avoid
bigmuls
Art Expert

Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:04 pm

cotis wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:58 pm
let’s get a ebay name so the rest of us can avoid
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:14 am

might add - get all the info.... real name and address - these types morph
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:30 am

So is this the same person pulling the same scam??
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
pvecchi
Art Expert

Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:43 am

Quick Question:

eBay is asking me to add a new "required" item specific. Namely to describe art prints as "new" or "used" (In the Collectibles & Art category)

I tend to think of anything from the source as "new" and everything else as "used". However, I've never used those descriptors to describe artwork and I am curious as to what others are doing.

TIA