The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
lightyears2010
Art Expert
Posts: 8862
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 1901 west madison street

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:49 pm

did ebay email users and tell them about this sales tax fudge? finding out when you buy something and are trying to pay is weak sauce. maybe i missed an email. drymount them either way.
User avatar
Lowbrow-Ink
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:00 am

Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:29 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:49 pm
did ebay email users and tell them about this sales tax fudge? finding out when you buy something and are trying to pay is weak sauce. maybe i missed an email. drymount them either way.
I did receive an email. & it's your legislators fault, not ebays...
User avatar
lightyears2010
Art Expert
Posts: 8862
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 1901 west madison street

Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:48 pm

ahhh...i must have missed it. if they warned us that's on me then. i dont use ebay much so i guess it doesnt matter.
User avatar
soupysound
Art Expert
Posts: 3554
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:04 am

ok which one of you is this? :lol:

eBay 183903453476
2013 $10 (TEN DOLLAR) – NOTE, BILL - FANCY SERIAL NUMBER - BINARY - SIX 6’s
Price:US $29.99
Image
User avatar
geezer
Art Expert
Posts: 1719
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:56 am
Location: Morro Bay, CA

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:59 pm

Anyone familiar with using Shipcover? Buyer's package got wet on his doorstep. First time I have used it.
Image
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13575
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:10 pm

geezer wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:59 pm
Anyone familiar with using Shipcover? Buyer's package got wet on his doorstep. First time I have used it.
I have used it a handful of times. The only time I had to make a claim was a package that USPS just up and lost. Buyer opened a claim without even contacting me after only a week, claiming I never sent it when tracking clearly showed as 'Accepted'. Ebay automatically refunded buyer immediately but shipcover said I had to wait 30 days before filing a claim for a lost/missing package. Haven't really used it much since.

Not that any of that is helpful in your case but there you go. I think you file the claim from the shipping labels section.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
geezer
Art Expert
Posts: 1719
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:56 am
Location: Morro Bay, CA

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Thank you for the input.
Image
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51702
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:15 pm

I've only had to file one claim when some fuckboi scammed me. Filed a claim with shipcover and they refunded me super quickly. They're more expensive than usps insurance, but it's also way easier to file a claim that actually gets paid out.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
guryter
Art Expert
Posts: 3155
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:19 pm

Every time I ship I check the differences between ship cover and usps insurance and ship cover is usually cheaper.

Also never had a problem with usps paying out but only ran into it a handful of times.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
User avatar
soupysound
Art Expert
Posts: 3554
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:12 pm

not sure how this will play out via ebay...
Paypal Upcoming User Agreement Refund Policy Change:

Earlier this year, we notified you that we were updating our User Agreement to change our refund policy. We want to let you know that the policy change is going into effect beginning on October 11, 2019.

In line with industry practice and according to our updated policy, we will not charge a fee to process refunds, but the fees from the original transaction will not be returned. This policy will not apply to duplicate transactions, voids and most disputed transactions. You can review the PayPal User Agreement for more information on our return policies.
Image
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6340
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:01 pm

the only return I've ever had were a couple prints damaged in transit. In both instances buyer kept the print and got a refund and I got the insurance money. I wonder if that qualifies as a "dispute."
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51702
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:19 pm

Is a buyer asking to cancel the sale considered a "void"?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6340
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:25 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:19 pm
Is a buyer asking to cancel the sale considered a "void"?
Exactly. Someone bought a piece of my overpriced trash on eBay and I was on holiday. I told them I couldn't ship for 4 days but they needed it as a gift. We cancelled. Would eBay keep now keep the fee? You could really screw a seller: buy something expensive (say $6k), say it is not what was expected and return it. Seller is out $600.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
pvecchi
Art Expert
Posts: 1700
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:38 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:25 pm
Codeblue wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:19 pm
Is a buyer asking to cancel the sale considered a "void"?
Exactly. Someone bought a piece of my overpriced trash on eBay and I was on holiday. I told them I couldn't ship for 4 days but they needed it as a gift. We cancelled. Would eBay keep now keep the fee? You could really screw a seller: buy something expensive (say $6k), say it is not what was expected and return it. Seller is out $600.
From how I read it above, yes *PayPal* will now keep this fee in some instances
User avatar
haven
Art Expert
Posts: 5322
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:52 pm

Well that sounds like a load of horseshit.
Post Reply