The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:45 am

pay for double categories?
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:29 am

halftonegraphics wrote:pay for double categories?
But do people search categories or just do a word search like widespread panic red rocks? I hate giving eBay any more money than the final sale fee.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
bigmuls
Art Expert

Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:08 pm

jjttdw wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:pay for double categories?
But do people search categories or just do a word search like widespread panic red rocks? I hate giving eBay any more money than the final sale fee.
I'm wondering if the category changes the order that items show up in searches. I prefer using the category art>art prints because there's no fee.
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:17 pm

first time i've had this one...

buyer from Canada:
am wondering if you would be okay with me doing two payments following each other right away in time (and labeled correctly as Part 1 followed by Part 2) so that I can use both my Canadian and American credit cards? It gets expensive to translate funds from Canadian to American. If you are okay with this we would have to do transaction separate from ebay but I would pay tonight in two payments. Whole thing would be done through paypal GnS to make sure everyone is happy. Let me know if you are okay with this!
yay or nay
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:24 pm

I would agree, but invoice them for the item through pp. You can allow partial payments and they should be able to pay however they want.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Philpenn
Art Expert

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:46 am

Philpenn wrote:Bought a record, tracking shows left in the mailbox, but the record is nowhere to be found. Am I out of luck?
I was refunded for this bt dubs.
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:26 am

Kramerica wrote:I would agree, but invoice them for the item through pp. You can allow partial payments and they should be able to pay however they want.
and now they're ok with doing the whole payment at once... curious about what my risks are especially when he's been messaging me through ebay app about completing transaction outside ebay. :?
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:47 am

I think the biggest risk, as far as ebay is concerned, is they claim they will charge a final value fee on the item if you complete the transaction outside ebay. Never heard of it actually happening but that is their threat.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
PLUSH
Art Expert

Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:49 am

Don't do it!

From PP website https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/s ... protection

What isn’t covered by Seller Protection?
Instances where you receive multiple payments for an item.
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:54 am

BOOM, plush coming in the clutch. thank you
bigmuls
Art Expert

Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:14 pm

Just got this message from a buyer, ugh:
"Hi there -- before we go through the process of payment, it appears that this is not a legitimate print, upon inspecting the pictures it isn't the same color as the original and it is missing key details from the show print. Yours has a teal border, not the blue that the original haas. I'd like to cancel this order and not have to return or report to ebay. Please respond"

...I'll note that of course the print I'm selling is legit. Photos were taken in 2011 and may have used a flash.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:23 pm

bigmuls wrote:Just got this message from a buyer, ugh:
"Hi there -- before we go through the process of payment, it appears that this is not a legitimate print, upon inspecting the pictures it isn't the same color as the original and it is missing key details from the show print. Yours has a teal border, not the blue that the original haas. I'd like to cancel this order and not have to return or report to ebay. Please respond"

...I'll note that of course the print I'm selling is legit. Photos were taken in 2011 and may have used a flash.

Domestic or international?
PLUSH wrote:Don't do it!

From PP website https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/s ... protection

What isn’t covered by Seller Protection?
Instances where you receive multiple payments for an item.
Same thing applies to Buyer Protection. When split payments are made it's a crap shoot for both sides and the outcome of the issue is highly dependent on who at paypal looks at it and what they decide.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:03 pm

Cancel and move on. #lifes2short2dealwithtards
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:26 pm

Codeblue wrote:Cancel and move on. #lifes2short2dealwithtards

Exactly. Block the duke to boot.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:50 am

A donkey for your lists: quattrocomputers. Multiple times as non payer.