The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:16 pm

Sometimes I have to use my phone to add watch items. For some reason it won't add them on my laptop.
bigmuls
Art Expert

Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:28 pm

I just got a tube returned to me from Germany that was originally sent out to my buyer at the end of October. I haven't heard anything from the buyer, so was surprised when the tube arrived back at my office. Any suggestions on what I should do? Contact buyer? Issue refund? Insurance?
Thanks!
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:42 pm

bigmuls wrote:I just got a tube returned to me from Germany that was originally sent out to my buyer at the end of October. I haven't heard anything from the buyer, so was surprised when the tube arrived back at my office. Any suggestions on what I should do? Contact buyer? Issue refund? Insurance?
Thanks!

depends on your principles. personally, would see if buyer is still is good standing with eBay. if so, then contact. otherwise, refund, but might consider slicing out your loss on shipping.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
bigmuls
Art Expert

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:21 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
bigmuls wrote:I just got a tube returned to me from Germany that was originally sent out to my buyer at the end of October. I haven't heard anything from the buyer, so was surprised when the tube arrived back at my office. Any suggestions on what I should do? Contact buyer? Issue refund? Insurance?
Thanks!

depends on your principles. personally, would see if buyer is still is good standing with eBay. if so, then contact. otherwise, refund, but might consider slicing out your loss on shipping.
I can't find the record of sale on my ebay...how do I look up sales from October?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:44 pm

eBay is only for 90 days. you would have to find it through PayPal. see if you can snag the buyers id. then search it through eBay. see if they are still registered.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
xangelx
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:27 am

Do we keep a list of eBay buyers to avoid? If not, we should and I'll have a name for it shortly.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:30 am

I have seen them go to the callout thread. Probably more appropriate than here anyway.
bigmuls
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:24 am

Wasn't the callout thread deleted?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:53 pm

xangelx wrote:Do we keep a list of eBay buyers to avoid? If not, we should and I'll have a name for it shortly.
Just offer the name of the EBer to anyone who PMs ya. What did the EBer do?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:11 pm

bigmuls wrote:Wasn't the callout thread deleted?
Nope

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 2&t=147723
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Codeblue wrote:Could very well be a "hacked" account. Some EBer bought from me with a compromised account a few weeks ago. If that is the case, ya should get a message from Ebay.
the guy ended up opening up a case on ebay saying he wanted a refund because he didn't receive the prints. I replied that I'll ship them out the next day since he is now responding to eBay messages. He emails me outside of ebay (I guess through my paypal email?) and said he got hacked and wants a refund. I didn't reply and kept the convo in ebay only, he never said anything about being hacked in the ebay convo. In ebay I uploaded tracking and he said "I just want a refund", I (dickishly?) said "no refunds unfortunately, please contact ebay about purchase commitment to an auction", he didn't reply, he received the prints a couple days later and closed the case.
novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:15 am

Well, I just received the worst packaged print I've ever seen. Purchased the foil variant of Durieux's Edward Scissorhands print earlier this month and it arrived today. Opened it up to see just the print in the tube, no kraft paper or tissue paper. I had to put on gloves to remove the print from the tube and it took five minutes to get out without damaging it further, as the rolled print had expanded to snugly fit within the confines of the tube. As I get it out I notice a piece of scotch tape on the print itself, keeping it rolled. Once the print was unrolled I noticed it was covered in (at least 5 or 6) major creases. I just messaged the seller and said that the way the poster was shipped is unacceptable and I want a full refund as the poster is worthless to me now. Waiting for his response. Any advice on how to deal with the situation if he says no? Should I escalate it to the resolution centre right away? Thanks for any help you can give me.

(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laurent-Durieux ... SwUKxYg9Tf)
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:18 am

assuming the original vendor shipped it properly, seems odd that the seller would remove any kraft paper or anything else. definitely would just get the refund. seller doesnt seem to have much experience/sales with prints.

1xRun Referral
novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:04 am

halftonegraphics wrote:assuming the original vendor shipped it properly, seems odd that the seller would remove any kraft paper or anything else. definitely would just get the refund. seller doesnt seem to have much experience/sales with prints.
I think you are right. Pretty sure the seller was just a munch who bought a mystery tube in an attempt to flip the contents. He hasn't responded since last night to my request for a refund, going to escalate my claim to the resolution center tomorrow. Here's some photos of just some of the damage, it's pretty extensive:

Rolled without kraft or tissue paper and taped (for some reason I can't figure out?):

Last edited by novascotiapower on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:07 am

oof

1xRun Referral