The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9944
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:04 pm

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Payment was made but the funds were taken from him, so, with that being said, why the drymount would he be obligated to pay eBay fees? For the privilege of the experience. With each passing day, I wish more and more for a viable alternative to the shitshow that is eBay. kitten company run by kittens.
tenpo wrote: Do you always wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Change it up.
I don't know who the drymount you are so in sum - drymount off and don't ever talk to me again. Does that answer your question?

I am not in the business of having words addressed to me by random assholes; there are enough specific assholes in life for that. I don't get up every day and go to some wack ass lame job that I hate and stuff my drymounting fat face with saturated fats like others; I get my ass kicked and occasionally kick ass right back at one of the world's most renowned fight stables. I am never in the mood to read quips or otherwise take fudge from pissant nerds. drymount off.

E
:lol: Long stroking the ego again, eh? Ironically enough, I get to work around peeps like you all day and it makes for some drymounting funny times :lol:

Image
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
mkecasey
Art Expert
Posts: 1131
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:50 pm
Location: Quakertown

Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Anybody having issues on ebay regarding the best offer feature not turning off?
User avatar
suchanoo
Art Expert
Posts: 2163
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:48 pm
Location: UK

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:54 am

mkecasey wrote:Anybody having issues on ebay regarding the best offer feature not turning off?
Yes. It happens every now and again. Anyone know a way round this?
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994
shut your mouth and open your mind
User avatar
Superfro33
Art Expert
Posts: 7085
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:50 pm
Location: Marion, IA

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:21 am

It's not a tell when someone writes about a package that tracking shows as "delivered" with "Did this have insurance? Cause it shows delivered but I haven't gotten it." Nice lead off. :hanging:
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17549
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:09 pm

E, take a drymounting chill pill man.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
User avatar
halokiti
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:58 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:34 pm

I sold an item and shipped it by Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation since it was over $250, now it has just been sitting at the recipient's PO since 8/8. WTH. Hopefully he gets it within 15 days or it gets shipped back to me.
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:41 pm

halokiti wrote:I sold an item and shipped it by Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation since it was over $250, now it has just been sitting at the recipient's PO since 8/8. WTH. Hopefully he gets it within 15 days or it gets shipped back to me.
Sign them up for Delivery Notifications via USPS (you have their email from the PayPal payment). Otherwise, send them a kind message via eBay.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
User avatar
halokiti
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:58 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:45 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
halokiti wrote:I sold an item and shipped it by Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation since it was over $250, now it has just been sitting at the recipient's PO since 8/8. WTH. Hopefully he gets it within 15 days or it gets shipped back to me.
Sign them up for Delivery Notifications via USPS (you have their email from the PayPal payment). Otherwise, send them a kind message via eBay.
Already sent them a message on eBay and will sign him up for the notifications. The package only went to Jersey, so at least it didn't travel far. Thanks for the advice.
User avatar
Illmatick
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:49 pm

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:13 pm

Has anyone dealt w this bullshit..? People who sell prints like Banksy, Brainwash, etc always add the extras on he headlines and I guess its illegal on the 'bay...God I hate Ebay right now!


Dear....

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

160867575717 - Yoskay Yamamoto Autumn Rare Sold Out Ed.20 (Not Kawasaki, Chueh, Amy Sol)
160867576458 - Yoskay Yamamoto Winter Rare Sold Out Ed.20 (Not Kawasaki, Chueh, Amy Sol)
160867577284 - Yoskay Yamamoto Spring Rare Sold Out Ed.20 (Not Kawasaki, Chueh, Amy Sol)
160867577761 - Yoskay Yamamoto Summer Rare Sold Out Ed.20 (Not Kawasaki, Chueh, Amy Sol)


Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

Please understand that the names Kawasaki, Chueh and Amy Sol is considered the same as a brand name. Celebrity names can only be included in a listing, as long as the celebrity created, officially endorsed, owned, or signed the item.

Please don’t make a comparison or reference to a brand that isn’t the same brand you're selling, not only does this confuse buyers and make it hard for them to find what they’re looking for but this can cause legal trouble for misrepresentation or infringement on other’s rights.

The title is a place to state what an item actually is, including other brand names results in a poor search experience. We realize you may not have been aware of this guideline, but we ask that you not relist the item unless you have made the necessary corrections to the listing.

We don't catch all listings that are in violation of eBay policy right away which is why you may see items similar to yours. I encourage you to report listings that you think are in violation, by clicking the Report th

You can include a brand, celebrity, manufacturer, or style name in a listing only if that information directly matches what you're selling in the listing.

Be careful not to make comparisons or say that it's like a certain product because it can be misleading. It can also make it harder for people to find what they're looking for on eBay.

So don't include words or details that have nothing to do with the item for sale. For example, putting extra brand names in a listing just to have it show up in more search results is against our rules.

For more information on our search and browse manipulation policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/sea ... ation.html

Important: The next time you sell, you may be asked to take a tutorial. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.



Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

Your listing(s) may be eligible for relisting through My eBay. If your listing is eligible, you will see the listing in your Unsold Items page within My eBay. Listings that are not eligible for relisting will not be visible in the Unsold Items page.

To relist your item, sign in to eBay, go to My eBay to your Unsold items, and select the item that was canceled -- it's highlighted with a yellow banner. Before relisting, please make any changes necessary to ensure that your revised listing is in compliance with the law and eBay policies. You might want to check your other listings for similar violations as well.


You can review our listing removal policies and seller rules by clicking the links at the end of this email.

Make sure your future listings follow these guidelines. If they don't, they may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

We appreciate your understanding.

If you have any more questions, contact our policy experts. Get started by clicking the link below.
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... rom=163952

Thanks,

eBay

Why did eBay remove my listing?
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questio ... ended.html

Knowing the rules for sellers:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/policies.html

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.



H5477
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5699
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Illmatick wrote:Has anyone dealt w this bullshit..? People who sell prints like Banksy, Brainwash, etc always add the extras on he headlines and I guess its illegal on the 'bay...God I hate Ebay right now!


Dear....

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

160867575717 - Yoskay Yamamoto Autumn Rare Sold Out Ed.20 (Not Kawasaki, Chueh, Amy Sol)
160867576458 - Yoskay Yamamoto Winter Rare Sold Out Ed.20 (Not Kawasaki, Chueh, Amy Sol)
160867577284 - Yoskay Yamamoto Spring Rare Sold Out Ed.20 (Not Kawasaki, Chueh, Amy Sol)
160867577761 - Yoskay Yamamoto Summer Rare Sold Out Ed.20 (Not Kawasaki, Chueh, Amy Sol)


Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

Please understand that the names Kawasaki, Chueh and Amy Sol is considered the same as a brand name. Celebrity names can only be included in a listing, as long as the celebrity created, officially endorsed, owned, or signed the item.

Please don’t make a comparison or reference to a brand that isn’t the same brand you're selling, not only does this confuse buyers and make it hard for them to find what they’re looking for but this can cause legal trouble for misrepresentation or infringement on other’s rights.

The title is a place to state what an item actually is, including other brand names results in a poor search experience. We realize you may not have been aware of this guideline, but we ask that you not relist the item unless you have made the necessary corrections to the listing.

We don't catch all listings that are in violation of eBay policy right away which is why you may see items similar to yours. I encourage you to report listings that you think are in violation, by clicking the Report th

You can include a brand, celebrity, manufacturer, or style name in a listing only if that information directly matches what you're selling in the listing.

Be careful not to make comparisons or say that it's like a certain product because it can be misleading. It can also make it harder for people to find what they're looking for on eBay.

So don't include words or details that have nothing to do with the item for sale. For example, putting extra brand names in a listing just to have it show up in more search results is against our rules.

For more information on our search and browse manipulation policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/sea ... ation.html

Important: The next time you sell, you may be asked to take a tutorial. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.



Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

Your listing(s) may be eligible for relisting through My eBay. If your listing is eligible, you will see the listing in your Unsold Items page within My eBay. Listings that are not eligible for relisting will not be visible in the Unsold Items page.

To relist your item, sign in to eBay, go to My eBay to your Unsold items, and select the item that was canceled -- it's highlighted with a yellow banner. Before relisting, please make any changes necessary to ensure that your revised listing is in compliance with the law and eBay policies. You might want to check your other listings for similar violations as well.


You can review our listing removal policies and seller rules by clicking the links at the end of this email.

Make sure your future listings follow these guidelines. If they don't, they may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

We appreciate your understanding.

If you have any more questions, contact our policy experts. Get started by clicking the link below.
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... rom=163952

Thanks,

eBay

Why did eBay remove my listing?
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questio ... ended.html

Knowing the rules for sellers:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/policies.html

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.



H5477
It's called keyword spamming and has always been against eBay policy. I understand that a lot of other people do it, unfortunately for you, you got caught... I find it funny that you might have to take a class next time you try and list something. Now if they would only do something about the rampant shill bidding...
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
dangerboy
Flipper
Posts: 3496
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:00 am
Location: down by the train tracks tryin to spot a Deuce

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:35 pm

it's called keyword spamming and people hate to be looking for something and find the results littered with crap like "NOT" whatever they were looking for. there are lots of people who will get away with things, some will get busted for it. at least they're trying, i guess. as a buyer or seller, keyword spam is a pain in the ass imho
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
User avatar
DarthHippie
Art Expert
Posts: 1430
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:51 pm

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:05 pm

That fudge is annoying... the listings, that is. Always fun to have a search set up and get emailed only to find out all of them are keyword spamming listings. I only wish they would get everyone that does it.
Image
User avatar
listerfeend
Art Expert
Posts: 2780
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:37 pm
Location: SD (not San Diego)

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:34 am

eBay 120968352488

I was following this one, and this line in the description read a little clinical to me: "This print will be shipped rolled up in a poster tube."

Also I didn't notice any prints in their feedback, and messaged the seller: "Do you have experience shipping posters? Will you use Kraft paper and tissue paper?"

Their reply: "I have sold and shipped a few posters in the past and have had no complaints. I also have never used Kraft or tissue paper."

Needless to say I didn't bid, but I hope the winner can't wait for their chub-rubbed or worse Mononoke!!!
Image
User avatar
mycrospazm
Art Expert
Posts: 2578
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:21 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:03 am

^Thanks! Another one blacklisted...
User avatar
mindtrick33
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:27 pm
Location: San Francisco

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:49 pm

Anyone try to sell something but it doesnt give you the option to set a different time of the auction?
Good luck on future drops
Post Reply