The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:56 pm

Package it with care (take pictures), ship it (with signature confirmation and insurance) once the eCheck clears, and move on with your life.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
mkuborn
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Ship to Spain?
sixstringer wrote: prints on da ground...prints on da ground...acting like a fool with your prints on da ground!

Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:27 pm

halftone needs to answer but I haven't ever seen any complaints with Spain

Germany/Brazil - couple others
mkuborn
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Cool, checked his feedback and it seemed legit, his address just happened to be the size of a phonebook so that worried me. Cheers sir.
sixstringer wrote: prints on da ground...prints on da ground...acting like a fool with your prints on da ground!

bigmuls
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:19 pm

I thought someone on here recently had problems shipping to Spain.
dangerboy
Flipper

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:32 pm

mkuborn wrote:Cool, checked his feedback and it seemed legit, his address just happened to be the size of a phonebook so that worried me. Cheers sir.
haha when i have shipped internationally i fill out the forms backwards, like starting with the country and filling it from the bottom up hoping it turns out right because i have no idea which part of hingdu fringdu ripsat genui tui china is state, province, and country. i have still run out of space going that way, too, though. :frowniemailman:
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
mkuborn
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:24 pm

dangerboy wrote:
mkuborn wrote:Cool, checked his feedback and it seemed legit, his address just happened to be the size of a phonebook so that worried me. Cheers sir.
haha when i have shipped internationally i fill out the forms backwards, like starting with the country and filling it from the bottom up hoping it turns out right because i have no idea which part of hingdu fringdu ripsat genui tui china is state, province, and country. i have still run out of space going that way, too, though. :frowniemailman:
hahahahahahahaha

Rodriguez de Valcarcel 7, bajo ( Local Comercial )
Santa Eularia Des Riu Baleares 07840
Spain

earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:55 pm

What's your advice on this one?

Sold a pair of Nikes for about $400 back in December. Sent them to buyer with his confirmed address, never heard back so I figured we were all good. About a month later the box showed up back at my house as Undeliverable. Contacted the buyer and he said "Yeah, I screwed up, that was my old address and I never went to pick them up. Can you please send to this new address?" I said sure, just send me $XX to re-ship them to you. He said "Sure, but can I mail you a check for that amount? My paypal account has been disabled." I said ok, sure.

A few weeks pass, no check shows up. I contacted him, no response. Weeks turn to months. I send multiple messages via ebay and never get another response. Last month, I tried to refund his payment so I could re-list the sneakers with a clear conscience and got a message that the paypal account no longer existed.

What do I do here? What is my responsibility as far as ebay goes? Is there like a statute of limitations on purchases?

FWIW - he had a very exotic name and in looking at his feedback and recent purchases, he has a ton of $.
mkuborn
Art Expert

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Burn the shoes, don't risk the Karmic repercussions.

tylt33
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:14 pm

Mail the shoes to me for further inspection.
DickButt wrote:It's a miracle some of you are even able to turn on a computer.

Yes. The answer to your question is yes.
mrkyuss
Art God

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:23 pm

Wine em, dine em , 69 em.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:39 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:What's your advice on this one?

Sold a pair of Nikes for about $400 back in December. Sent them to buyer with his confirmed address, never heard back so I figured we were all good. About a month later the box showed up back at my house as Undeliverable. Contacted the buyer and he said "Yeah, I screwed up, that was my old address and I never went to pick them up. Can you please send to this new address?" I said sure, just send me $XX to re-ship them to you. He said "Sure, but can I mail you a check for that amount? My paypal account has been disabled." I said ok, sure.

A few weeks pass, no check shows up. I contacted him, no response. Weeks turn to months. I send multiple messages via ebay and never get another response. Last month, I tried to refund his payment so I could re-list the sneakers with a clear conscience and got a message that the paypal account no longer existed.

What do I do here? What is my responsibility as far as ebay goes? Is there like a statute of limitations on purchases?

FWIW - he had a very exotic name and in looking at his feedback and recent purchases, he has a ton of $.
45 day for PayPal claims. 60 day for feedback. I think (and might be wrong) 60 day for PayPal refund.

If all communication appears to be exhausted, let it be and move on. Not much more you can do.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:41 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:halftone needs to answer but I haven't ever seen any complaints with Spain

Germany/Brazil - couple others
Spain is hit or miss. Brazil is by far the worst. Then maybe Italy. Spain and Germany can be pains. Customs in Germany will generally always inspect the item and often damage it. I would probably suggest USPS Express. Clearly mark package with 'Handle with care' and mark it as a print, poster, printed materials, or something of that nature.

1xRun Referral
Philpenn
Art Expert

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:56 am

I have a German seller saying my package hasn't arrived yet because it keeps getting returned. He wants me to contact the DPD tax/customs office. Anyone know what he's talking about?
ahnonamis
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Philpenn wrote:I have a German seller saying my package hasn't arrived yet because it keeps getting returned. He wants me to contact the DPD tax/customs office. Anyone know what he's talking about?
Could be something with a customs fee needing to be paid that he didn't cover in the shipping? Is it a print or something else? Hard to say without knowing what's in the package. He might have made it seem suspicious with packing, it might be something setting off some sensor somewhere, etc.