LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri May 24, 2013 11:20 am

Just had a friend pick up a Batman Batcave set for me for $35! Half price?! Always jump at that kind of discount! :clap:
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Deadareus
Art Expert

Sat May 25, 2013 12:04 am

starkdesign wrote:Just had a friend pick up a Batman Batcave set for me for $35! Half price?! Always jump at that kind of discount! :clap:
That's a heck of a deal! One could almost buy 2 at that price and put one away for resale down the road if he were so inclined. ; )

Not something I've ever done but I can see these Super Hero sets holding some value down the road once this theme is done and over with. Although its impossible to say when that day will come. It seems as though this series could go on for a very very long time with the amount of movie tie ins that are coming from both camps.

I'm REALLY hoping there are some more X-Men sets coming in the near future. Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Colossus (chromed!). The list goes on and on. Not to mention Xaviers Mansion (done similarly or better than Arkham Asylum hopefully) and the Blackbird. :drool:
opence
Art Expert

Sat May 25, 2013 1:42 pm

mrkyuss wrote:
renegagnon wrote:new red 5 x-wing came out.. star wars exclusive.. def collectors item.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Red-Five-X-w ... hter-10240
I'm gonna buy that, and put it away for a rainy day.
Loved building it. It was my first. Im so hooked now. Move over posters, daddys got a new expensive addiction.
Harry Dunn wrote:OK gang, you know the rules, no humping, no licking, no sniffing hineys.
Deadareus
Art Expert

Sat May 25, 2013 10:33 pm

opence wrote:Im so hooked now. Move over posters, daddys got a new expensive addiction.
Welcome! What a great set to cut your teeth on! Mine was a measly little Star Wars battle pack with white speederbikes and snow troopers but it ultimately had the same effect.

Some quick advice is to grab what's about to retire next if you think you'll eventually want more of a particular theme to put along side your Ultimate Collector Series (UCS) X-Wing.

The Star Wars UCS sets SHOULD retire as follows:

1. Death Star (more of a playset than a display set. This set has long overstayed a typical sets shelf time so who knows when it will go)
2. Super Star Destroyer
3. R2D2
4. B-wing (may be going earlier as it just had 50% price slash)
5. X-Wing

The Imperial Shuttle was the last one to retire. It was $199 retail I think. It can probably still be grabbed for a reasonable price. IMO it's one of the best UCS sets and one of my all time favorite ships from the films.

Enjoy and have fun selecting and building your next set!
mrkyuss
Art God

Sat May 25, 2013 11:57 pm

Working on a Castle scene with the kids today.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
opence
Art Expert

Sun May 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Deadareus wrote:
opence wrote:Im so hooked now. Move over posters, daddys got a new expensive addiction.
Welcome! What a great set to cut your teeth on! Mine was a measly little Star Wars battle pack with white speederbikes and snow troopers but it ultimately had the same effect.

Some quick advice is to grab what's about to retire next if you think you'll eventually want more of a particular theme to put along side your Ultimate Collector Series (UCS) X-Wing.

The Star Wars UCS sets SHOULD retire as follows:

1. Death Star (more of a playset than a display set. This set has long overstayed a typical sets shelf time so who knows when it will go)
2. Super Star Destroyer
3. R2D2
4. B-wing (may be going earlier as it just had 50% price slash)
5. X-Wing

The Imperial Shuttle was the last one to retire. It was $199 retail I think. It can probably still be grabbed for a reasonable price. IMO it's one of the best UCS sets and one of my all time favorite ships from the films.

Enjoy and have fun selecting and building your next set!
I was able to snag the B-wing for $100...Yeah I think ill do the super star destroyer next then the Fire house then either R2D2 or possibly the london bridge. Ill have to look into the imperial shuttle. THANKS!
Harry Dunn wrote:OK gang, you know the rules, no humping, no licking, no sniffing hineys.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sun May 26, 2013 11:35 pm

Old news now, but a 15 year old found a Mr Gold in Canberra. Of all places... bloody Canberra.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
mrkyuss
Art God

Sun May 26, 2013 11:43 pm

Do you have his address?
Samk89
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 27, 2013 3:08 am

DonPiano
Art Expert

Mon May 27, 2013 11:43 am

mrkyuss wrote:Do you have his address?
No, but I mean, how many 15 year old kids can there be in Canberra? Isn't there like... four houses there?
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon May 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Ouch. Finally saw some series 10 in the wild, was able to feel up about 15-20 packs or so before a call from the wife wondering why I was taking so long at Walmart for just getting dog food and limes. Oops! Guess I'll return tonight maybe, using this (http://thebrickblogger.com/2013/04/guid ... series-10/) as a guide. Anyone seen a dot pattern guide for series 10?
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Tue May 28, 2013 11:31 am

Lego food looks good enough to eat.

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/leg ... rn#slide=8

starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue May 28, 2013 11:39 am

Never a better post to use this smiley! :drool:
mrkyuss
Art God

Tue May 28, 2013 6:21 pm

starkdesign wrote:Ouch. Finally saw some series 10 in the wild, was able to feel up about 15-20 packs or so before a call from the wife wondering why I was taking so long at Walmart for just getting dog food and limes. Oops! Guess I'll return tonight maybe, using this (http://thebrickblogger.com/2013/04/guid ... series-10/) as a guide. Anyone seen a dot pattern guide for series 10?

Few bump codes here.

http://toyriffic.blogspot.com.au/2013/0 ... -bump.html