LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:31 pm

starkdesign wrote:For everyone asking, after buying the base Holiday Train set, to upgrade it to power functions, you will need:

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Power- ... -Box-88000

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Power- ... otor-88002

https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/LEGO-Power- ... eiver-8884

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Power- ... ntrol-8879

Also, some were asking about additional tracks. LEGO has them here:
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Flexible-an ... racks-7499

I hate those flex tracks, but used the straights with this set and had a perfect fit. You could also look for a larger train set and get most if not all of these items in a big bundle, with extra bricks for more train cars like some were suggesting.

hope this helps!
THANK YOU
dengar
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:23 am

chisoxfan2424 wrote:I caved and just bought the disney castle.
I did too...... for my 19 month old daughter.

I'll just put it away for a few years.

Also, bought one of the A-Team van sets for my godson.
10_pearljam
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:01 pm

Anybody know a good Facebook site to go to that trades minifigures or sells them? I found a pretty decent one but it seems like most traders/sellers are across the pond...
schmoff
Art Expert

Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:19 pm

There are a few, search AFOL
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:41 pm

New LEGO CEO announced! Wonder if this'll change anything...
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Jasper73
Art Expert

Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Re-release UCS Millenium Falcon!.. D Oh i can live in hope..
ImageT.K.C.
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:09 am

I don't know if this helps anybody but target is having a 20% off sale on Legos
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:49 am

mrsippycups wrote:I don't know if this helps anybody but target is having a 20% off sale on Legos
thanks! daughter is going to love the Batman Lego Movie sets . . . if I can find them at my Target(s)
10_pearljam
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Amazon is having a crazy sale on Lego stuff if anyone is interested. I got a Star Wars Captain Rex Walker for $74.99 opposed to the normal $119.00. Right now it is listed for $77.59. Still a darn good price. But there is a bunch of other stuff on there as well. Really good deals...
Baker
Art Expert

Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:01 pm

Anybody got one of the Fallingwater architecture sets that isnt opened and they want to sell? Was trying to find one for a reasonable price for our family gift exchange. My cousins husband is an architect so seemed like a good fit.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Lamarider
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:45 am

Baker wrote:Anybody got one of the Fallingwater architecture sets that isnt opened and they want to sell? Was trying to find one for a reasonable price for our family gift exchange. My cousins husband is an architect so seemed like a good fit.
Would be very hard to find a sane person selling an unopened one under $100, :wink:
Baker
Art Expert

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:40 am

Lamarider wrote:
Baker wrote:Anybody got one of the Fallingwater architecture sets that isnt opened and they want to sell? Was trying to find one for a reasonable price for our family gift exchange. My cousins husband is an architect so seemed like a good fit.
Would be very hard to find a sane person selling an unopened one under $100, :wink:
Kind of what I thought. I havent bought legos in 10 years so have no idea what these types of sets go for. Thanks! Think I might just go flatiron building and NYC then.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:58 am

Baker wrote:
Lamarider wrote:
Kind of what I thought. I havent bought legos in 10 years so have no idea what these types of sets go for. Thanks! Think I might just go flatiron building and NYC then.
Yeah that is the first set in the entire series, going to be difficult to find a new one for any kind of deal, let alone an open one. If you are looking at NYC stuff, the flatiron is a great one, I prefer it over the skyline, but if they don't have any other architecture models from the series, the skyline ones are great because they are usually 4 iconic buildings in a single set.
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:01 pm

Totally forgot, but that Fallingwater set was my first attempt at a LEGO stop-motion video:

Ugh, got it down much better after that one, but still fun to look back at.
chimpun
Art Expert

Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:51 pm

Star wars first order transport is 49.99 on amazon, 44% off. Just grabbed one for no reason!