LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
mrkyuss
Art God

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:10 pm

chimpun wrote:I was just at Target and noticed a woman feeling up the minifig pouches and it made me think of you weirdos. Also, gonna pick up the Parisian Restaurant soon. Anyone know if there are any VIP point bonuses coming up soon? I have many months before the wife's bday, but I don't want to miss out on it holding out for bonus points.
Feeling minifigs gets me off on the weekends.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:34 am

LOL felt up 8 more minifigs tonight at Target, needed to go get a few things and couldn't resist! And was 8 for 8!

Got another Fiesta guy for one son, the girl hero for the other son, and then Panda man, barista, mermaid (took FOREVER to find even 1 of her), grizzly dude, scribble face cop, and an Emmet just because. So now we have 10 of them (2 Fiesta, I need one to keep intact because the kids will destroy him eventually), might actually go back and get the other 6 just to have a full set for once. Ehh we will see.

Also scored this set: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Escape-from- ... ders-79001

FOR ONLY $10! Wasn't even looking to get it, but was in the clearance aisle, and it wouldn't ring up, so when the checker looked it up online and saw it was $15, sold it to me for $9.99. SWEET!

Ready for this movie to come out! Anyone heard any early review chatter on it?
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
mrkyuss
Art God

Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:10 am

Great value for 10 bucks. Good figs too.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:24 am

mrkyuss wrote:Great value for 10 bucks. Good figs too.
Totally! Was really just curious because of the minifigs, and when he said ten bucks, bam, instant sell. I mean, I was already spending $25 on 8 minifigs, so what is 4 more plus bricks for $10. And the two brick spiders are cool, have them perched up around the gameroom right now, feel like they have potential for some scaring when placed in random locations (like clothes drawers, pantry, etc)!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
chimpun
Art Expert

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:39 am

mobius006 wrote:
summoner wrote:
chimpun wrote:I was just at Target and noticed a woman feeling up the minifig pouches and it made me think of you weirdos. Also, gonna pick up the Parisian Restaurant soon. Anyone know if there are any VIP point bonuses coming up soon? I have many months before the wife's bday, but I don't want to miss out on it holding out for bonus points.
Is the Parisian Restaurant not a new set that just came out? Didn't think it was close to selling out yet...
you are fine on that set for sure.
Yeah, its the new one of the fancypants sets like the Town Hall and the Grand Emporium. I wasn't sure if they made these in limited quantities or not. Right now on the website theyre throwing in a Wyldsyde (or however you spell the chick's name in the movie) poster (not silkscreen or giclee) and a little police ATV set. Neither do it for me so I am hoping to hold out for a bonus points promo.
Stark: You've got some fine-tuned feelers!
1nkling
Site Admin

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:57 am

Yesterday on a deals forum someone put up a not amazing deal for the cheaper millennium falcon set. In the comments another member mentioned that their friend works for Lego and has told them a newly updated version of the retired UCS Millennium Falcon is coming out with light up engine blocks and an updated commemorative box. Price apparently will be £429.99 over here.

Anyone else heard anything?
My up to date trades and ISOs.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:42 am

1nkling wrote:Yesterday on a deals forum someone put up a not amazing deal for the cheaper millennium falcon set. In the comments another member mentioned that their friend works for Lego and has told them a newly updated version of the retired UCS Millennium Falcon is coming out with light up engine blocks and an updated commemorative box. Price apparently will be £429.99 over here.

Don't tease me! If this is real, it will be mine. Not sure how, but it will be mine!

:drool:

(wait a sec, 429 converted to $700... :hanging: )
1nkling
Site Admin

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:50 am

starkdesign wrote:
Don't tease me! If this is real, it will be mine. Not sure how, but it will be mine!

Don't know how reliable the source is. Sounds good though.

Usually with Lego your prices are similar to ours but in dollars. Will probably be $450 or something. If it is then you can post me one. :D
My up to date trades and ISOs.
mushetphoto
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:26 pm

1nkling wrote:
starkdesign wrote:

Don't know how reliable the source is. Sounds good though.

Usually with Lego your prices are similar to ours but in dollars. Will probably be $450 or something. If it is then you can post me one. :D
^^THIS^^ :wink:
ohkay
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:42 pm

The original was $500 so if it is an updated model, I can't see it going for any less. I really hope this is true though :drool:
sschmotz
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:47 pm

1nkling wrote:Yesterday on a deals forum someone put up a not amazing deal for the cheaper millennium falcon set. In the comments another member mentioned that their friend works for Lego and has told them a newly updated version of the retired UCS Millennium Falcon is coming out with light up engine blocks and an updated commemorative box. Price apparently will be £429.99 over here.

I've been checking 2 different Lego forums pretty much everyday for the past year and this is the first that I've heard of this. It's not going to happen in 2014 for sure, if we're lucky maybe something with the release of the new movies.
mushetphoto
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:53 pm

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 402&type=1

Lists US price as $200 and £180 for us mugs in the UK...
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Sweet, in time for a certain birthday the first part of march... :wink:

Also, the more I see it, the more I want to recreate the LEGO Movie logo MOC. It just looks really cool to me, and one that would look nice hanging up in the air. Found a high-res image of it here: http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... e-logo.jpg

lots of bricks!
edgar
Art Expert

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:10 pm

mushetphoto wrote:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 402&type=1

Lists US price as $200 and £180 for us mugs in the UK...

http://youtu.be/msQPHxTUgzI
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:02 pm

Free Emmet Western minifigure if you pre-order the Lego Movie game from Gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/ga ... usFeatures