LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:36 pm

Codeblue wrote:P.S. 60 miles from NYC might as well be another state. I've neva seen a more ridiculous group of people with regards to traveling outside their lil boroughs.
Not all of us, just those without automobiles. 5 years ago I moved deep enough into Brooklyn for free street parking to be a breeze. Bought a car and try to get out of the boroughs every weekend. Made me feel human again
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:36 pm

schmoff wrote:Look it up you must be accompanied by a child 17 or younger
Bro

https://www.legoland.com/new-york/frequ ... questions/
Who Can Go?
While our Resort will be designed primarily for kids ages 2-12, guests of all ages are welcome!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:37 pm

TGT.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ghornett
EB Trainee

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Florida park is opening LEGO Movieland end of the month. I've still not been there.
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Please note: Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult supervisor 18 years of age or older. Adults (18+) will not be admitted without a child, with the exception of Adult Only Nights.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:52 pm

You've obvs neva been to a REAL Legoland and have no clue. You're talking about the Discovery Center, which is a different animal as already referenced.

#lookitup

https://philadelphia.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/
TKuczynski wrote:
Codeblue wrote:P.S. 60 miles from NYC might as well be another state. I've neva seen a more ridiculous group of people with regards to traveling outside their lil boroughs.
Not all of us, just those without automobiles. 5 years ago I moved deep enough into Brooklyn for free street parking to be a breeze. Bought a car and try to get out of the boroughs every weekend. Made me feel human again
Most people in the city don't have a car. I still find it bonkers that they're so reluctant to take the subway or an uber to another borough if it's not for work.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:31 pm

my bad, i have been to the one in florida a couple times (i have kids) but saw a few articles about adults being denied but it looks like they mist have all been discovery centers (never been to one of those)
aahnutz
EB Team

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:17 pm

schmoff wrote:my bad, i have been to the one in florida a couple times (i have kids) but saw a few articles about adults being denied but it looks like they mist have all been discovery centers (never been to one of those)
Never been to Legoland, but have gone to a discovery center. I thought the discovery center was overpriced for what they offered, but it was still fun. It’s geared more towards kids less than 10.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:36 pm

legoland is geared very young also thats why i figured it was the same policy, last time i went we stayed at the ajoining hotel, the kids loved the lego themed rooms
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:28 pm

Anyone seen the Darth Vader Bust that was to be released at Target today? I’ve been checking the site all day but now I’m thinking it’s in store only.
schmoff
Art Expert

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:33 pm

Damn I was hoping your post was going to be a lead
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:18 am

YORKSHIREpuddin wrote:Anyone seen the Darth Vader Bust that was to be released at Target today? I’ve been checking the site all day but now I’m thinking it’s in store only.

FYI just ordered mine on target.com
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:52 am

schmoff wrote:
YORKSHIREpuddin wrote:Anyone seen the Darth Vader Bust that was to be released at Target today? I’ve been checking the site all day but now I’m thinking it’s in store only.

FYI just ordered mine on target.com
Yeah, I had read this morning that it had been delayed until Monday then they went up at 9:00am. Missed it. I’ll keep checking throughout the day for a restock. Thanks for the heads up though.

Update: I messaged Target and they said it will be restocked but couldn’t give a date. I won’t be rage buying just yet.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:23 pm

Missed Vader and now a non-UCS Tantive IV. Double :thumbdown: today.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:59 am

KSUvet wrote:Missed Vader and now a non-UCS Tantive IV. Double :thumbdown: today.
Darth bust is up again. I just got one. GO! GO! GO!