LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
agr719
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:14 pm

starkdesign wrote:the cinema one is the best of the bunch to start with, could even put whalen poster stickers on it
The Cinema is one of the two I have (the other being the Detective's Office) and I love it. I haven't done it yet, but I've certainly been wanting to print some mini poster images to change up the featured showings.
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:26 pm

If you don't wanna shell out $125 next month to get that promo set, but want to build it still, here is a post about the instructions to download for it:

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/01/ ... able-lego/
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:56 pm

Ive been eyeing the Cinema set for years. I need to jump on it before it's gone.

edit: didn't realize it was retired. There were a ton at my lego store like a month ago, but they are all sold out now. :(
Superfro33
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:21 pm

hunterjax wrote: edit: didn't realize it was retired. There were a ton at my lego store like a month ago, but they are all sold out now. :(
Yay. We all suck.
Seqret
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:20 pm

Bought a cinema set awhile ago but just finished building it.. Must say it's really great. Waiting for Diner to be released here
Prints and originals at http://www.unframed.bigcartel.com or instagram @unframededitions
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

Cinema is my favorite behind the haunted house.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:20 am

chisoxfan2424 wrote:Cinema is my favorite behind the haunted house.
I have the Haunted House. So now I'm only half an idiot. 8)
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:35 am

Superfro33 wrote:
ha!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:07 am

Superfro33 wrote:
Same here, but mine didn't have minifigs with it...so am I 3/4 idiot now? (I have the minifig halloween series at least!)
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
fanboy
Art Expert

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:20 am

I don't know if anything will ever top the Haunted House.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
chimpun
Art Expert

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:02 pm

Re: Cinema - the custom movie posters are a great idea! I found the measurements somewhere online. 2.9 inches tall if I remember correctly and I forget the correct width. I found a couple places with instructions on sizing and the 2.9 one was the perfect fit. I printed them on photo paper and they came out crisp. They're also thin enough to put 2 in (front and back). Just that the ones on the inside won't be behind glass. I gave it to my wife a few years back and had her open the envelope of xmas movie posters first. There are a lot of lego-fied movie posters out there on the interwebs, but I just printed out some of her favorites. Haven't done anything with the marquee or with the movie screen inside. Finding and switching out new posters was a good time for a while tho. And the paper is sturdy enough that it stays on its own with no adhesives.

Gift-wise it was a star wars bonanza for the boys. Our wee girl got a few little junior princess kits. Kylo Ren's Silencer is my favorite of the Jedi sets. The Mrs got a couple London sets since we went there this past summer. Nothing too exciting, just the little skyline set and the small bus give away.

Happy new year to all and to a fun year full of building with the special big and/or little people in your lives!

Ooh, also just received my MF'in VIP card! The card only teased at the star wars lego offers but no specifics. The card is nice, looks like they used metallics. Looks like a Stout variant, haha. One side of the card is the page from the booklet that has all the MFers produced over the years.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:10 pm

now that's it unavailable, I am obsessed with getting the Cinema, lol.

I'll just throw this out there - if anyone has one they are looking to get rid of, let me know - I can pay cash or I have a bunch of unopened & opened but mint sets I can offer in trade (I can get a list together of what I have; also, posters might be available for trade if you see anything in my collection that interests you, let me know.) I'd prefer unopened but would consider any at this point. I'd definitely prefer to go through here than resort to Ebay.

edgar
Art Expert

Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:07 pm

hunterjax wrote:now that's it unavailable, I am obsessed with getting the Cinema, lol.

I'll just throw this out there - if anyone has one they are looking to get rid of, let me know - I can pay cash or I have a bunch of unopened & opened but mint sets I can offer in trade (I can get a list together of what I have; also, posters might be available for trade if you see anything in my collection that interests you, let me know.) I'd prefer unopened but would consider any at this point. I'd definitely prefer to go through here than resort to Ebay.

I have one for you.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:11 pm

Waiting for ToysRus to clearance out the lego dimension sets like they are currently doing with the Disney Dimensions and Skylander toys.
mppang
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:15 pm

hunterjax wrote:now that's it unavailable, I am obsessed with getting the Cinema, lol.

Haha, I'm going to ride off hunterjax's request. I'm looking for Cinema as well. Don't have any Lego to trade, but can trade art or pay cash.