LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
matowest
Art Expert

Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:50 pm

Classic Zod tho
chimpun
Art Expert

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Wonder twins are kind of tempting too.

PS- Stark, you almost sent me into seizure activity with the flood of memories looking at those pics! It's like the Happiness Machine ep of the Ray Bradbury Theatre!
sschmotz
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:26 pm

starkdesign wrote:Oh yay...more batmans...

detail shots here: https://www.thebrickfan.com/the-lego-ba ... -revealed/
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. I've lost interest in the minifigure series. Seems like they are running out of ideas.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Lamarider wrote:
hunterjax wrote:I had so many of those space series sets when I was a kid - wish they would bring those back
You mean these :D , (sorry for reposting)
Awesome - wish my parents had kept those for me - I didn't have that many, but I did have a bunch.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:00 pm

starkdesign wrote:Oh yay...more batmans...

detail shots here: https://www.thebrickfan.com/the-lego-ba ... -revealed/
General Zod, Jor-El, Apache Chief, Black Lightning, Dr. Phosphorous, Wonder Twins, and Clock King are all fantastic; I could do without more batman/robin/joker/alfred variants.

edit: Missed Black Canary and Zod's newspaper that says Kneel Before Zod - that's awesome. And the Joker variant also is pretty cool for a Killing Joke Lego Remake, lol. And just figured out that that's Hugo Strange on the end - it's his beard, not a weird collar!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:15 pm

solo blaster build
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:26 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
starkdesign wrote:Let us know what you think of the nutcracker! debating on getting one off ebay, or just parting one together from stuff I have...
I will let you know - probably put it together in a few days; glad I got it, the only reason I did is that the promotion coincided with the Taj release. Put together the snow globe tonight - it's adorable - and it's up with other Christmas decorations now!
I thought the nutcracker was about the same level of quality as the snow globe - has the handle on the back, mouth opens and everything. About the same amount of pieces, stands taller (obviously), but is a really nice looking christmas decoration.

I see this one on EBay for $25 - I think you're probably overpaying on that, but not so much that it's a big deal.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:43 pm

FINALLY able to grab the Apollo Saturn V direct from Lego.com . Pops is going to be stoked... pretty drymounting sweet stocking stuffer :cheers:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 am

iwokeinrelief wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:
starkdesign wrote:Let us know what you think of the nutcracker! debating on getting one off ebay, or just parting one together from stuff I have...
I will let you know - probably put it together in a few days; glad I got it, the only reason I did is that the promotion coincided with the Taj release. Put together the snow globe tonight - it's adorable - and it's up with other Christmas decorations now!
I thought the nutcracker was about the same level of quality as the snow globe - has the handle on the back, mouth opens and everything. About the same amount of pieces, stands taller (obviously), but is a really nice looking christmas decoration.

I see this one on EBay for $25 - I think you're probably overpaying on that, but not so much that it's a big deal.
Thx for the comparison! I keep debating on this, I'm a sucker for getting sets with the box, book, etc but then again, its a simple enough set to part out lol. might wait until after the season and get one aftermarket (or hit up a LEGO store and see if they have extras for me in January lol)

I'm also thinking of doing a set of the nutcrackers in different colors. My kids love these things for some reason, so making one for each kid is an idea I was pondering too
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:10 am

starkdesign wrote:Thx for the comparison! I keep debating on this, I'm a sucker for getting sets with the box, book, etc but then again, its a simple enough set to part out lol. might wait until after the season and get one aftermarket (or hit up a LEGO store and see if they have extras for me in January lol)

I'm also thinking of doing a set of the nutcrackers in different colors. My kids love these things for some reason, so making one for each kid is an idea I was pondering too
Different colors would be really cool. The only pieces out of this that I wouldn't have much of are the gold ones; there aren't a ton of them to the build, but I don't get those with many sets.
abe
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Different colors would be cool, but did you see these custom builds of different characters as nutcrackers?
https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/videos/10155260653428403/
Long Live THC

:cheers:
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:15 pm

abe wrote:Different colors would be cool, but did you see these custom builds of different characters as nutcrackers?
https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/videos/10155260653428403/
OH FLIP! that is awesome...

wondering if I should show this to the kids or not lol. Knowing my luck they would want some crazy stuff that would be a pain to build, but might have to anyways! thx for the link!
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:19 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42275566 - Lego wins first copyright case against China copies
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Has anyone at all received their limited edition star wars VIP card for your MF purchase? Just realized this morning that I'm still waiting
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:54 pm

TKuczynski wrote:Has anyone at all received their limited edition star wars VIP card for your MF purchase? Just realized this morning that I'm still waiting
Not I; as of a couple days ago Stark hadn't either.