LEGO - The thread.

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4509
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:59 pm

edgar wrote:
KSUvet wrote:Have they really not restocked the Falcon in a month? I signed up for the VIP notification and haven't seen word one. :roll:

How do you feel about waiting for double points now?
Still pretty good. I don't need it so bad that I can't wait for a deal. I'm just still baffled how badly they prepared for this hyped, teased release and why they can't seem to get the production going.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
User avatar
edgar
Art Expert
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:00 am

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:48 pm

KSUvet wrote:
edgar wrote:
KSUvet wrote:Have they really not restocked the Falcon in a month? I signed up for the VIP notification and haven't seen word one. :roll:

How do you feel about waiting for double points now?
Still pretty good. I don't need it so bad that I can't wait for a deal. I'm just still baffled how badly they prepared for this hyped, teased release and why they can't seem to get the production going.

They were not poorly prepared. People want that fudge, yo.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4509
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:05 pm

edgar wrote:
KSUvet wrote:
edgar wrote:
KSUvet wrote:Have they really not restocked the Falcon in a month? I signed up for the VIP notification and haven't seen word one. :roll:

How do you feel about waiting for double points now?
Still pretty good. I don't need it so bad that I can't wait for a deal. I'm just still baffled how badly they prepared for this hyped, teased release and why they can't seem to get the production going.

They were not poorly prepared. People want that fudge, yo.
Seriously? If they missed the mark so badly that they sold out the VIP sale, never even had the sale on the official release date, and haven't restocked in 2 months, I don't know what else I'd call it. I'm not a business major, but I'd probably want to capitalize on people waiting to spend that kind of money on plastic bricks. I hope they extend the special VIP card offer. At this rate, that will be the part of my strategy that will backfire. :(
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
User avatar
FrankBooth
Art Expert
Posts: 3270
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Queens, New York

Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:17 pm

Saturn V back up on Amazon for $120

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071G3QMS2?ta ... Bb%7Cdeals
User avatar
abe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:02 pm

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:59 pm

starkdesign wrote:I just wanna know what the difference is between the new build and the older 10189...there is ONE BRICK difference in the piece count. it went from 5922 to 5923...what could it be?! :shock:
The extra element is a brick separator.

Image

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/11/ ... er-review/
Long Live THC

:cheers:
User avatar
starkdesign
Art Expert
Posts: 5747
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:00 am
Location: TX
Contact:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:55 pm

Damn. well that is disappointing lol

thx for the info abe!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
User avatar
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: DALLAS

Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:24 pm

Ordered the Taj Mahal this morning - it was already showing "backordered" with about a 30 day delay at the time I ordered it; hoping it's a little under that, as I'd like to build this over part of the xmas break with my kids. Very much looking forward to receiving it though!
jamel-d
Art Expert
Posts: 9114
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:00 am

Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:30 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:Ordered the Taj Mahal this morning - it was already showing "backordered" with about a 30 day delay at the time I ordered it; hoping it's a little under that, as I'd like to build this over part of the xmas break with my kids. Very much looking forward to receiving it though!
Says should ship by 12/11/17
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
User avatar
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: DALLAS

Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:42 pm

jamel-d wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:Ordered the Taj Mahal this morning - it was already showing "backordered" with about a 30 day delay at the time I ordered it; hoping it's a little under that, as I'd like to build this over part of the xmas break with my kids. Very much looking forward to receiving it though!
Says should ship by 12/11/17
Ah, they updated that since I ordered this morning - good news!
User avatar
starkdesign
Art Expert
Posts: 5747
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:00 am
Location: TX
Contact:

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:06 am

Newest set to come from LEGO Ideas...looks cool!

Image
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
User avatar
Jamilton
Art Expert
Posts: 1340
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:45 am

Have they been restocking the Saturn V on the lego site? I was hoping to grab one before Christmas.
User avatar
edgar
Art Expert
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:00 am

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:50 pm

edgar wrote:ok, MANY of you have asked, here are some prices.

All include shipping (Lower 48 only) inside nice, recently purchased, uline boxes


10235 - $140 (2 avail)

10245 - $120 (3 avail)

10229 - $250 (2 avail)


These are all new, in fresh boxes that have been properly stored.
^Updated availability^

Also pulling these out for holiday time:


Ewok Village $300

Death Star (10188) $400

At-At + Snowspeeder (75049 and 75054) $350

Sandcrawler 75059 - $330

Pet Shop - $200

Avengers Tower 76038 - $100 (have another set without figures if anyone wants to take both and try their hand at a super sizing)

Simpson’s series 1 minifigures (sealed set) $90

Some older/retired Ninjago sets:

70728 - $120 (2 avail)

70725 - $70 (2 avail)

70724 - $50 (only 1)

70505 - $100 (only one)
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
User avatar
starkdesign
Art Expert
Posts: 5747
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:00 am
Location: TX
Contact:

Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Anyone else bust out the holiday sets around the house yet? Just threw together a mix of stuff last night, a bunch on one taller shelf out of small hands reach, and the two new small sets on a table with the previous carousel market set since they kind of go well together. Still need to build the new train station set from this year to put under the tree with the train, but that might have to wait a few days.

and anyone get that nutcracker set from this weekend? hoping I can score one on ebay eventually, or just part it out lol

Image

Image
(the youngest kid apparently was playing with this one this morning, hence the minifigs all lined up lol)
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
User avatar
starkdesign
Art Expert
Posts: 5747
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:00 am
Location: TX
Contact:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:39 am

Just built the new train station last night to go with the prev holiday train set...and damn its a nice set. Love the 45 degree door entrance on it, the clock tower, the ramp with the chain detail lol but my fav part...

the yellow bus. holy crap its a nice build. one of my fav vehicle builds from LEGO now. love those front details. the wheel wells, the windows, the door entrance, the removable roof (always a nice detail) and luggage rack.

its great, just a nice detailed piece in the set I wasn't expecting to like as much as I did lol. :clap:

Image
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
User avatar
fanboy
Art Expert
Posts: 1810
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:30 pm
Location: Minnesnowta

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:13 am

I'm all over that TRON set!!!

If anyone is into the Brick Headz I had to ask at Target with a DPCI but I got a couple of the Rey/Kylo exclusives yesterday. They were still hiding in the back room.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
Post Reply