LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Lamarider
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:56 am

Freakin' awesome.

https://flic.kr/p/P8JVDw
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:56 am

So I feel like a total moron.

Was talking with the wife last night about that Gingerbread house set from 2015 (40139), along with another Santa visit set (40125), and how I was thinking about getting them on eBay or trading for them. Went upstairs to the attic to get her some ornament hooks I forgot about...

walk back down, and see the wife holding both sets. :shock:

She joked that she was gonna play it up that she just bought them and had them delivered the same day lol

Totally forgot I had those two! Didn't even build them last year for some reason...

So, whew! Stayed up late last night building them, along with a few other smalls. Now its time for the train project with the motorized modifications for around the tree!

(and note to self, be sure to look in ALL your lego stashes to make sure you don't have a set before bidding on eBay)
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:27 pm

starkdesign wrote:So I feel like a total moron.

Was talking with the wife last night about that Gingerbread house set from 2015 (40139), along with another Santa visit set (40125), and how I was thinking about getting them on eBay or trading for them. Went upstairs to the attic to get her some ornament hooks I forgot about...

walk back down, and see the wife holding both sets. :shock:

She joked that she was gonna play it up that she just bought them and had them delivered the same day lol

Totally forgot I had those two! Didn't even build them last year for some reason...

So, whew! Stayed up late last night building them, along with a few other smalls. Now its time for the train project with the motorized modifications for around the tree!

(and note to self, be sure to look in ALL your lego stashes to make sure you don't have a set before bidding on eBay)
LOL amazing
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:56 pm

Lamarider wrote:Freakin' awesome.

https://flic.kr/p/P8JVDw
:shock: :D

Went to see Moana this weekend with the family and a trailer for the movie played, loved it. Can't wait to see this one! (been trying to avoid anything of it so far, but was really happy to see how it looks, fingers crossed its as awesome as the LEGO movie)
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
chimpun
Art Expert

Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:48 pm

I'm going to need a Bane bigfig.
bigstrunso
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:41 pm

I think some folks mentioned receiving stuff they didn't order:

https://consumerist.com/2016/11/28/remi ... dium=email
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:03 pm

bigstrunso wrote:I think some folks mentioned receiving stuff they didn't order:

Pretty sure that's not accurate. From the FTC:
Federal laws prohibit mailing unordered merchandise to consumers and then demanding payment.
So while a store can not demand a payment, they can require you to send it back as long as they cover all shipping fees.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:32 pm

I caved and just bought the disney castle.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
glenn1
Art Expert

Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:52 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:
bigstrunso wrote:I think some folks mentioned receiving stuff they didn't order:

Pretty sure that's not accurate. From the FTC:
Federal laws prohibit mailing unordered merchandise to consumers and then demanding payment.
So while a store can not demand a payment, they can require you to send it back as long as they cover all shipping fees.
This is from the ftc.gov site linked to in the article. Seems pretty clear:
Q. Am I obligated to return or pay for merchandise I never ordered?

A. No. If you receive merchandise that you didn’t order, you have a legal right to keep it as a free gift.

Q. Must I notify the seller if I keep unordered merchandise without paying for it?

A. Although you have no legal obligation to notify the seller, you may write the seller and offer to return the merchadise, provided the seller pays for shipping and handling.
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0 ... erchandise
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Guess I posted too vague. The seller can not demand payment, they can request you send it back though.
What we do here at my work, if a customer refuses to send back the mis-sent item is just block them from any future purchases.
Basically we can't force them to pay or return, but we can refuse future services.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:25 am

Built the new holiday train last night and added the motorized modifications etc. LOVE IT.

Wish they made a better way to hide the cords on the battery etc, but ehh, it'll do. And have it around the tree (with extra track of course, since they really don't give you enough in that set)

My fav part of the set has to be the micro toys, especially the fire engine. Using the minifig skate piece for the wheels on these is killer.
Lamarider
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:29 am

starkdesign wrote:Built the new holiday train last night and added the motorized modifications etc. LOVE IT.

Wish they made a better way to hide the cords on the battery etc, but ehh, it'll do. And have it around the tree (with extra track of course, since they really don't give you enough in that set)

My fav part of the set has to be the micro toys, especially the fire engine. Using the minifig skate piece for the wheels on these is killer.
I bought the instructions for the extra wagons posted on Brickset
by Mouseketeer - Cocoa Wagon is just brilliant!
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:41 am

Not sure if mentioned previously here

You all see the Lego Christmas White House display?

:clap:
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:30 pm

bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:32 pm

starkdesign wrote:Built the new holiday train last night and added the motorized modifications etc. LOVE IT.

would be interested in seeing a video of that in action please I'm assuming it is going around a tree please show us!!!