LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:50 am

Just flipped through the new catalogue. Pet Shop, Palace, T1 Camper, and SOH are still featured...
QballDS
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:53 am

starkdesign wrote:Anyone that ordered a minifig anatomy figure from mighty jaxx by JFreeny gotten their order yet? Or any kind of correspondence from the company regarding their order?

Its been a month, and my order still says unfulfilled... hmm...

and no reply from them via twitter.
Hey Stark - just emailed them two days ago and they responded saying it will be shipped out this week. They also pointed me to the product page which says "Ships mid October 2015"... lol. So, basically told me to chill out, it's coming.
ImageImage
IronRinn
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:30 am

Jumping in here again at the risk of turning this into a F/S thread: Technic Supercar (8070) and Technic Grand Prix Racer (42000). PM me if interested.
pwned
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:31 am

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nat ... /74353308/
Everything is NOT awesome! Lego shortage looms
Some families will have to let go of their Lego dreams this holiday season.

The Denmark-based toy company reports that it's doing so unexpectedly well that its manufacturers will not be able to keep up with demand come December. Right now, the shortage is contained to some European countries.

"The demand for Lego products during the first half of 2015 has been significantly higher than our and our customers' expectations and projections and this has put a strain on the Lego Group's manufacturing facilities globally," Lego press officer Roar Trangbaek wrote in a statement.

Factories are full-steam ahead, but it won't be enough for what it calls "unprecedented demand."

Lego Group's sales in the first half of 2015 increased by 18%, compared with the same period last year. Based on sales, they are now the world's largest toy company.

"For Lego, the seven-year average growth rate has been 20%," said David Robertson, author of Brick by Brick: How LEGO Rewrote the Rules of Innovation and Conquered the Global Toy Industry. "They've been growing like that since 2007, a 37% profit growth. This makes no sense for a company that makes commodity plastic blocks."

Thankfully, it looks like U.S. Lego lovers are safe for now, and the company is "closely monitoring the demand and taking action to secure our inventory for the holiday season," according to Trangbaek.

Robertson accounts the recent Lego boom to the company's ability to create supplemental products, both of its own brand and in partnering with other strong brands like Star Wars, Batman and the Avengers -- while keeping the classic bricks in play. (Last year's much-loved The LEGO Movie was a huge boost for the brand, too.)

He says the family-run company, which was started in 1932, faced failure when it tried to shift the brand away from physical Lego blocks. Instead, they changed their strategy. "They're a great example of how innovation actually doesn't have to be disruptive to be successful," he said.

Robertson likens Lego's success to Disney's profits around Frozen, in which blockbuster film sales translated into massive profits from retail, live shows and even a Scandinavian cruise.

There's also something iconic about the classic plastic building bricks. "My guess is that this sales success is due in part by Lego's geographic expansion," Robertson said. Lego is building a factory in China and continues to expand into that market.

"Once a family becomes middle class, at least by Western standards, they want buy Legos for their kids. That's exactly what's happening," he said.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:34 am

QballDS wrote:
starkdesign wrote:Anyone that ordered a minifig anatomy figure from mighty jaxx by JFreeny gotten their order yet? Or any kind of correspondence from the company regarding their order?

Its been a month, and my order still says unfulfilled... hmm...

and no reply from them via twitter.
Hey Stark - just emailed them two days ago and they responded saying it will be shipped out this week. They also pointed me to the product page which says "Ships mid October 2015"... lol. So, basically told me to chill out, it's coming.
Awesome, thx for the info dude! Guess I should take a chill pill then! :wink:
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
edgar
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:04 pm

UK EBAY...20% off everything on the site for the next few hours (limit £50 savings).

http://brickset.com/article/17285/6-hou ... k#comments
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Apparently this shiny guy is starting to show up at TRU in some places...

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
schmoff
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:15 pm

starkdesign wrote:Apparently this shiny guy is starting to show up at TRU in some places...

ISO
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:20 pm

Read he is supposed to be part of a promotion next month or in december, but some stores are selling him for $3 or $4 I think. I didn't see him at either TRU I hit last weekend, so its news to me.
10_pearljam
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:02 pm

starkdesign wrote:Apparently this shiny guy is starting to show up at TRU in some places...

oh man...i need that!
chimpun
Art Expert

Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:38 pm

My TRU said that it has a street date within the single digit days of November but couldn't remember which one. She also wasn't clear on whether it will be a promo item or for sale outright. She said it didn't have a Promo Item Only or whathaveyou marking on the back so she expects it to be a normal item. Hopefully she is the one unpacking and stocking.
Last edited by chimpun on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:14 am

Little stop motion project I did last night for fun, been too long since I last did one of these, gonna have to revise that!

[instagram_vid]https://instagram.com/p/9L0ZiiBkcu/[/instagram_vid]
Jamilton
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 am

Super cool. Nice job man.
HairyHood
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:38 am

That rules. I have an 8-Bit Lego Mario sitting in my office.
chimpun
Art Expert

Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:02 pm

Here's what my boys and I have come up with so far for the haunted house. We need trick or treat bags!

And here's the inside of the house